Chapter 19

Ride Or Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

That night turned out to be one of the best nights i'd ever had. Not because of . We spent the whole night cuddling on the couch, laughing, bonding while a movie was on the television in the background that none of us paid any attention to. Never once had i been talking to someone until five in the morning. Not once did i feel tired, i was too busy listening to Jiyong's soft voice, telling me stories from his past, and his childhood.

Things were still hazy for me, i still didn't really believe i deserved this man in front of me... but i had decided to accept it. My heart had accepted him, it was my mind that was the real blocker, keeping us apart. I doubted myself, i couldn't be in a relationship. I wasn't girlfriend material, i wasn't that girl guys would whistle at when i passed them by or make ual comments about. I wasn't that girl where a guy would proudly say to his friends, 'that's my girlfriend'.

And i told Jiyong this. He stayed silent, listening to me as i tried to explain in the best way i could. He kept a straight poker face on all the time until i finished. He smiled and grabbed my hand, linking our fingers together. "You are my girlfriend. Now, and forever, and i want everyone to know it" He moved closer to me, wrapping his arms around me as i fell down onto his shoulder. "You know... when i first met you, i thought you were this badass, cold tough girl who wouldn't let anyone come under her skin" A sly smirk worked its way up to his lips as if he was thinking about something naughty. "You were so attractative, i thought i would never end up calling you my girlfriend. You were just so... stable, so secure, and not at all frightened. And seeing you like this, being so insecure about yourself, your looks, your personality, i realize you are a lot more fragile than what you appear to be. Sometimes that's a good thing, other times not. But i don't want you to act around me, if you're scared, i want you to be able to tell me. Do you understand?"

I nodded. "I know. And i will. If you... if you answer one question that i've been curious about for a while".

He blinked, nodding. "Shoot".

I took a deep breath, mentally preparing myself as i looked up at him. "How do you know my dad?"

He frowned, and tensed up immediately, moving uncomfortably as he avoided my eyes. "That, Hyosung, is between me and Mr. Jeon. If i wanted you to know, i would have told you the first time you asked".

"There's too many secrets around me right now, and i need to know who i can trust. You just asked me to let it all go, and be with you. Now i am asking you to do the same to me. Will you tell me, or should i leave?"

He sighed, running a hand through his hair, and looked up at me, wearing a small smile on his lips. "Wanna take a bath?"

 

I don't know why, or how, but we ended up in his big bathtub, half filled with water and fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter