Chapter 18

Ride Or Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

His eyes turned cold again, boring into my own ones. Never once in my entire life had i felt so... little and helpless as i was feeling back then, and now. I hadn't cried since i was a kid either, but right now i was literally sobbing like a little girl in front of Jiyong. Being the daughter of a special agent, i know that i can die every single day, and it has never scared me before. Until now. 

It's Jiyong. He has awoken several feelings inside of me that i never realized i even had. I had fallen, hard and deep for this man sitting right in front of me. He was a complete mystery to me.

How he knew my dad, how it was like when he was sleeping with that older woman, how he used to work for a living before. There were just so much about him, it was overwhelming for lonely little me. 

I was alone most of the time, but never once had i felt lonely. But being tied up there, i felt lonely, and vulnerable, and... scared. Scared that i would never see Jiyong again. I didn't once think of my dad, but i thought of Jiyong. 

I shook my head as if that would help shaking those thoughts out of my head. I moved away from Jiyong, crawling backwards until my feet hit the floor and i turned my body away from Jiyong, curling my fists.

I had to leave. For real this time. I couldn't afford to have any weaknesses. And Jiyong was my biggest weakness. I had to go. Without thinking more about it, i ran out of his room. I couldn't stay here anymore, or let Jiyong catch up with me and talk me out of it. I put my shoes on quickly, as i saw Jiyong running out of his room. I ripped the front door open and ran away from it, trying not to trip in my loose shoe laces. 

But Jiyong was a guy, and even though he wasn't wearing any shoes, he caught up with me anyway. He grabbed my upper arm, pulling me around. He stared at me, his eyes glaring down at me. "Where the hell are you going?"

"I... i can't do this anymore. I have to go".

"G-go...? Go where?"

"Away. From you. It was a mistake".

"What? No, Hyosung. Stay. I'll be better, i won't let Zico or anyone else hurt you again. I'll protect you, i'll... i'll get a better job, i'll buy you the nicest and the biggest house there is. I'll give you whatever you want, just point it out to me, and i'll give it to you. Just... just don't leave".

His grip tightened on me, and both of us were staring at each other, both of us crying. He seemed desperate, like he was about to lose something really important. I knew... because i felt the same way. But i wasn't the girl who got her happy ending, a dream castle and the perfect husband. 

I couldn't. This wasn't my life. "It's not about you, Jiyong. It's all on me. I know that is the lamest excuse in the book, but i really can't do this" I wiped my nose and my eyes with my sleeve, sobbing louder. "This life style is not meant for me".

"What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter