Chapter 4

Ride Or Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He nodded. "Good. So tell me what you know" He stared at me with an intense stare as i kept my eyes on the gun, not trusting him yet. 

I told him everything i knew, which wasn't much. I just told him about the house, and that he was working on a case that it seemed like no one knew anything about.

Once i was finished, he put his head back on the couch, staring up at the ceiling. "That's not much".

I shrugged. "Told you" I noticed his watch around his arm and reached for his wrist. He lifted his head and looked at me as i stared at the watch. I let go and looked up at him. "I gotta go. Let me know if he contacts you".

I stood up and he followed my actions. "Yeah, i'll get the boys i live with to help me gather information. How can i reach you if i find something out?" He asked as i gathered my gun and my knife and put them back in its place.

"My dad's cell. If you can't reach me there, i work almost everyday at a coffee shop" I told him the address, asking if he knew where it was, and he did. 

"Alright. If you need me, call, and if i can't answer, i'm working. I'm working in an office building right next to Mr. Jeon's workplace actually".

"Really?" I asked surprised. "You're a... lawyer?"

He smirked at me. "You think i'd be living like this if i was?" He shook his head and smiled. "No, i'm just cleaning there. Me and the other guys who lives here does too. I was supposed to work today, but i took a day off. Looks like it was a good idea too. Come on, i'll walk you back to where you parked your motorcycle".

 

After visiting GD, i went back to my dad's office. I figured that would be safer than going back home right now. This time, Kris' voice could be heard through the speaker. He and Yongguk worked as security guards for my dad, after my dad offored them a job. Yongguk's father and mine was really good friends, so when he died, my dad took care of Yongguk and helped him with the funeral, and other things, like selling the house, buying an apartment, getting a job, such things. 

And Kris i don't know much about. Neither my dad or Kris has told me, but what i know is that Kris was in some trouble a long time ago and my father helped him out of it. That is my dad. He always helps those who needs it. There has been a lot of lost kids who lives on the streets, selling their body, or drugs, just so they can get money for food.

And my dad wanted to help them all. Of course, not everyone accepted his help, but most of them did, and they were living a pretty good life now. Kris and Yongguk was just a few of them.

Maybe that's what my dad did for GD too? I peeked my head out from the fence and glanced at the building where GD said he worked. He mentioned that his friends also worked there.

Maybe i should go inside, see if i can find out anything in there?

I jumped when i heard a beep and the gates opened. I quickly stepped inside, ran over to the door and pressed in the code and stepped inside. Kris and Yongguk both greeted me at the front door this time.

"Hyosung!" Yongguk wrapped his arms securely around me, for then shaking me. "You're insane, do you know that?! I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter