Chapter 1

Ride Or Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I glanced over at Hyuna who was smiling and taking a customer's order as i removed my apron. I sighed and hung it onto one of the hooks on the wall before exiting the coffee shop i was working at as a waiter. I lifted my backpack around my shoulder and fished up my keys from my pocket as i sat on my white Ducati. I stuck the key in the ignition, put my matching helmet on and started the motorcycle.

With the speed i was driving, it only took me under ten minutes to get home. I stopped the motorcycle in front of the garage and pressed a button on the garage control and it opened. I drove in and parked next to my dad's Bugatti Veyron. I took my helmet off and fixed my hair before pulling the key out and stepping out of the garage. As always, i closed the door with the control button and stuffed it inside my pocket. 

As i came up to the front porch, the door was swinging back and forth. I immediately widened my eyes and squinted down to the ground. I crawled over to a bunch of rocks lying by the house and found the fake one. I lifted it up and pulled the gun my dad had put there before i placed the rock back to its orignial place.

I stood up, carefully and slowly, as i walked up the three steps. I grabbed the door with my left hand to keep it still while lifting the gun with my right hand. I pressed my finger on the trigger as i moved inside the house. My jaw fell down as i examined the living room and the kitchen that were in the same room. 

Either my dad had been so frustrated with his new case that he had trashed the whole place, throwing papers everywhere, ripping curtains up, broken the tables and chairs, turning the couches around. Or... someone had paid us an unexpected visit. I continued to examine the other rooms, and they all looked just as bad, if not, worse. 

When i realized i was alone, i lowered the gun to my side and let out a sigh of relief. But panic soon came back to me as i realized something important. I was alone. Alone. My father wasn't here. He was missing.

 

I pressed the green button and had to wait just a few seconds before a voice could be heard through the speakers. "Yes?"

"It's me, Yongguk. Hyosung".

"Ah, Hyosung.. Please, come in".

A beep could be heard and the gates opened. I drove inside and the gates closed behind me. I parked it outside the building and walked up to the doors. I pressed the code to the door and it opened immediately. As i stepped inside, i was welcomed by Yongguk. He looked confused as to why i was there, but smiled anyway. "Hyosung. What are you doing here?"

I placed my hand on my hips. "My dad. Is he here?"

"Uh... no? He's working on a case, he said he would do it at home".

I sighed. "That's what i was afraid of. His office is still in the same place?" I asked as i walked past him towards the elevators. He stepped in front of me, looking down at me.

"You... you can't go in there, you know that. Mr. Jeon has ordered us not to let anyone in there, and that includes you too, Hyosung".

"It's important, Yongguk. Please".

He sighed and ruffled his hair in frustration. "Don't do this to me, Hyosung. You know i can't let you in there, so don't give me that look".

"Look..." I glanced around and grabbed his sleeve, pulling him away from the other workers in the building. I pulled him in a corner as i lowered my voice. "Do you know anythi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter