Chapter 3

Ride Or Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I followed him inside the apartment and he told me to wait on the couch in the middle of the room as he went off to the kitchen that was just a few meters away. He pulled two beers out of the fridge and came back, putting one can in front of me and sitting in the chair on the other side of the table, sipping on his drink while watching me.

Ignoring him, i glanced around the apartment. Clothes spread everywhere, on the shoeshelf, on the floor, in the bookshelves, that only containted a few books. Even on the kitchen counter there were shirts lying around with a pizza in the box that didn't look so fresh. How could anyone live in a mess like this? 

"Okay, Nara, we're alone now. You got my attention. Why did you come here, and why do you need my help?" 

I moved my eyes back to him and sighed. The only way to hopefully get a clue to where my father is is to tell him the truth. "I have reasons to believe Mr. Jeon has been kidnapped".

He stopped sipping his drink and put it down on the table, putting his elbows on his knees so they were hanging loosely while leaning closer to me. "What? He's... been kidnapped?"

"Maybe. I don't know. That's sort of why i'm here. To find out. I was searching his office when you called".

"His... office? You have his keys?"

"Well... no, but i know a few people that works in that building. They helped me out".

"I see. What makes you believe he's been kidnapped?"

"His house was trashed and his front door was open. He would never do something like that".

"Hmm... yeah, i know that. He's quite the perfectionist, isn't he?" A smirk formed on his lips.

"You seem to know him very well. How?"

He shrugged. "It's a story in the past. He helped me out once, nothing major. But Nara, do you suspect me of kidnapping him?"

"Um... no, i just... thought you might know something".

"Well, i don't. It's not like we speak every day. You should know better than me if you're his girlfriend".

"I see" I sighed and stood up from the couch. "Well, thanks anyway. If he... if he contacts you, will you let me know?"

He nodded. "Yeah. Should i tell him his girlfriend is worried about him?"

My eyes widened. "N-no. Just... just tell me if you get in touch with him, thank you".

"As you wish. I'll walk you back to your motorcycle" He stood up and smiled at me. "It's a dangerous place to live".

"I have a gun" I said. Follow me, really? How old did he think i was?

"Yes, i know. I'm gonna take a wild guess here and say Mr. Jeon gave it to you?" He stood in front of me and looked down at me. 

"So what?" I mumbled as i walked out the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter