Dear Kim Heechul

As You Leave: A Tribute

 

Dear Kim Heechul,

                  

                   September 1, 2011. September 1 is when you’re going to be leaving us for a while; it’s just two years they say. But to ELFs, to the rest of your brothers, it’s a long, long time. We’ll miss you. It’s going to be hard for the next two years to look for updates on Super Junior and to not see you anywhere. But in my head it’s not a good bye. It’s just a… vacation? A good deed that you’re doing for your country? Yes, let’s keep it at that.

                   I think you’re aware of the pain and the chaos you would leave in your trail. I’m not saying this to make you feel bad, just so you know. We love you too much to want you to suffer guilt. I know you said not to wait for you, to just love you just as much when you come back. This is when you underestimate us, my dear. ELFs are amazingly good at waiting. It’s in our job description. We’ll wait for you for as long as you take and we’ll support you the second you sign the discharge papers.

                   I want to say, you’re an amazing person. You started out as quirky. In your audition video, your dancing was already awkward but it was the determination you put behind all you do that makes us embrace you. I can remember back when your hair was straight and fell around your face. Later on you changed it so it was red, a fiery red that your wife loves, and I find funny. I think it’s utterly fantastic how you can switch from pretty, so pretty I can mistaken you for a girl, to just plain gorgeous. Your style frustrates Monkey but he learned to embrace your uniqueness. Your curly hair is amazing, but I like it when you just get a haircut and it’s up in spikes. It gives you a more masculine look and that’s a good thing. I can’t picture you with a buzz cut but I’m sure you’ll make it work.

                   You say you’re awkward with Hyuk Jae, but in this comeback, we can see you trying to get closer to him. As the wives, Lia and I totally agree and support you two. HeeHyuk? I kids. But I love the effort you put into everyone. It’s clear that you are THE hyung. I mean, the hyung. Even though there’s Leeteuk, he’s the leader and just slightly more removed from everyone. Yesung is loved universally but he’s eccentric. You, my dear, put on a cold face. A mask to cover up the loving person you are inside. But Super Junior sees past that. They know the type of person you are, they know how devoted you are to them and most importantly, ELFs know too. We see past your façade and we know that you are, deep down, as gorgeous as your face is.

                   Sometimes you cause us some anxiety. When you seem so disinterested in anything Super Junior, you scare me. I have visions of you dying to leave, like Hangeng did. But then I realize again and again, over and over, that you are never going to leave until they want you to leave. (Which is never by the way.) It’s because you are so out spoken, and so out there, you aren’t limited to the group. Sometimes, in interviews, when they’re discussing your future, I prick my ears, waiting for any mention of SuJu. But it never comes and I get scared and think you want out. But when I see the love you have for your dongsaengs, I know it’s an irrational fear. Yes, they say you play favorites, Donghae. But that’s because you know that deep down he’s a wounded boy who needs the love you shower on him. Kibum. You like him a lot. And for that, I admire you. Because he’s hardly ever there, to me, he’s just number thirteen. But you see his potential, you see him as a part of Super Junior, so you embrace him and teach me to embrace him as well. Kyuhyun is understandable. You two are evil and we love it.

                   This comeback, I have to admit, I am completely proud of you. The effort you put into this piece of work is showcased everywhere. I hear your voice in almost every song, and you put on a great show during the performances. I was blown away by your parts in the music video, it is amazing. I love that you have a dance part in the front, I love that you sing a lot more. You deserve to be showcased a lot more.

                   Your voice is one of the talents you hide. You shouldn’t. It’s amazing to listen to and I think it’s like a surprise, a treasure buried by the vocals of KRY. You have to look for it. In the fourth album, I cannot begin to tell you how much I loved your parts in My Only Girl and All My Heart. It creeps up on you and before you fully enjoy the beauty of it, it’s gone. Therefore, I am so glad that in this new album, I don’t have to find you. You’re there, in all your talented glory.

                   What are you know for exactly Kim Heechul? I can list a thousand things but here’s the most common. You’re known for your caustic humor. You’re amazingly honest. The things that come out of your mouth makes me raise my eyebrows and think you’re lucky Mr. Soo Man likes you or else you would have gotten kicked out in three seconds. You’re brutally straightforward. There’s nothing fake about you. You say the first thing out of your mouth. Maybe it’s your AB blood that makes you so bold. Your tongue. It’s sticking out the side of your mouth in a lot of performances. It’s hard to go without seeing it. It’s your trademark move. That smirk accompanied by that tongue. Your pretty eyes are another thing. They’re shaped so that when you smile it shines and the swell underneath it is emphasized when you smile. I like it. In Sorry Sorry one thing that bothered my husband was the way you held your microphone? I think that just proves my point. You are able to pull it off. You have turned something annoying and arrogant into something that’s so cool to watch.

                   There’s a brief chapter in your life that I must mention and that’s Hanchul. You’re amazing at loving and this is proof. You and Hangeng still remain friends. That’s dedication, my friend. You see the good in people because you have that same amount of goodness in you as well. You also have a thing for Chinese guys, I’ve noticed… Zhou Mi anybody? But that’s okay because Chinese people in general love you.

                   I end with saying that the power of Heechul is the ability to convert antis into Petals. I don’t know if it’s the snarkiness that draws them in. But I know I like watching these haters turn into trembling mush under your power. Thank you. I want to be honest. I didn’t like you at first. Or rather I was so apathetic I didn’t consider you. To me you were just there. But you made me appreciate you, you made me realize that you’re a wonderful personal inside, you’re worthy of being in this group. And then you jumped to place seven, and has yet to fall.

                   Always be our milky-skinned Kim Heechul okay? We’re going to wait for you. Super Junior will be different without you. It’ll lose one of its major personalities. But know that your dongsaengs will take care of it, will allow it to continue to be the Super Idol it is. Know that the moment you come back, we’re going to be one more person complete. Know that ELFs will wait. We’ll take care of your brothers for you. We’re going to sit here and wait forever if that’s how Super Junior is going to play it. So you go ahead and be the good public service man you’re going to be. But keep your personality, come back in 2013, I’ll be going to college. But I’ll be lying if I say I won’t’ still be waiting.

                   So we send you off with a bright smile because that’s how you would want it. You wouldn’t want to cause pain. Saranghae Kim Heechul~ I’ll take care of Lia for you ^-^

                                                                                                Love,

                                                                                                Jill ♥

 

 

 

 

 

I ♥ you tumblr_lgt7igxax91qcy9t7.jpg

my favorite picture of him~

I wasn't planning on posting something like this until a while. But I feel like rather than stopping in the middle of my story, I do this first. I love you Heechul~