Dear Kim Jongwoon

As You Leave: A Tribute

 

Dear Kim Jongwoon,

                    Well looks like it’s your turn. It’s something that’s inevitable and I’ve been expecting it for a while but I never really wanted to think about it. You know, it’s really funny because I never appreciated you much when I first got into Super Junior. When I watched EHB and was learning your names, I just remembered you as the guy with the rocker hair and the multiple piercings. But you stuck.

                    You must be pretty darn special because you stuck with Helen too. And that girl really doesn’t do biases. I still remember the day when you overcame Sungmin and became my five. And you are truly special. You will always have a special place in my heart.

                    You are the turtle guy, the weird one, the one whom not even Helen find attractive. But I disagree. I think you’re pretty darn good looking and your voice is amazing. You’re often overshadowed and forgotten in a group like Super Junior.

                    Ryeowook and the others have often lamented that SuJu isn’t known for vocals, rather for their memorable dances and their comedy. But I want to say that you are one of the reasons why Super Junior can be ranked as one of the better sounding groups out there. Call me biased maybe, but I would say that it is your voice that has elevated Super Junior closer to perfection.

                    You have a unique voice. It’s husky and it’s deep but you have a range that is pretty impressive. But to be honest, I don’t get into KPop groups just for their voice or for their looks. I get into them because of personality. And I love yours.

                    Sometimes, I feel so bad for you. You feel unloved, even though Clouds would disagree. Your members sometimes joke about your lack of popularity and they would poke fun at your weirdness. You would lament how you never get enough lines to say on broadcasts and how every minute the camera is on you, is one you need to cherish. It breaks my heart because you don’t see your own value.

                    Let me show you your value. You are not only one of our vocals, you are your own prize by yourself. When you go on solos like Immortal Song, and when you sing OSTs, you win awards because your voice is so darn fantastic. Yesung, 藝聲, artful voice. And I have never seen a better fitted nickname.

                    You are fantastic. You are one of the best hyungs in the group. You take care of all of the members silently. Sometimes, they may think you’re nagging or being annoying, but everything you do, you mean well.

                    You’re a dork, Jongwoon. Seriously. That flailing octopus dance? And your love for philtrums? Ridiculously dorky. I love that you collect bugs and you have pet turtles to keep you company, except they’re not much of company. I love your plethora of pets and all your pictures of them. I laugh when I see them. I think you’re adorable and amazing.

                    Whenever I go on twitter, you are the one that is spamming my feed. I love your various selcas and your dedication. You bought your parents that café and even opened another one with your little brother. I smile when I see your selcas with your little brother because that is brotherly love. And of course, WHYStyle. As if anyone can ever forget that with all the advertising you do.

                        Yesung, it breaks me to hear that you didn’t want a big enlistment. I want pictures of your leaving. I want to see them so I can believe them. But if you just slip away, how can I force myself to believe that for the next two years, I won’t be seeing you? I wish you wouldn’t think that we would forget you. That would be a laughable joke. How can we? You are our YeYe, our vocalist, our philtrum hyung, our resident dork, a part of the fifteen stars. So, please hurry back.

                    Tokyo in Yesung eh? Well, let’s make it ELF in Yesung ♥

                    I don’t know if I expressed my love properly but know that it is there.

                                                                                                            Love,

                                                                                                            Jill, an Everlasting Friend

 

tumblr_mmea96LxnG1rjpx30o1_500.jpg

sobbing ;;