KRY

As You Leave: A Tribute

 

KRY

                  

                   Super Junior settled comfortably into their roles of budding stars. One year after their debut, SM came up with a new idea, one that was never tried before. They were going to split Super Junior up… into subgroups. The novelty of this experiment scared the members at first.

                   Were they trying to hint that the group was going to be separated? Thoughts raced through the heads of the members, as they felt as if they were one the express track to impending doom. However, SM assured, it was purely to try something new. They had noticed three members had particularly powerful vocals and attracted a more mature fan base.

                   Super Junior, the company said, would be coming out with a sub-group, Super Junior KRY. The three members who made up the group is Kyuhyun, Ryeowook and Yesung. The main style of their songs are ballads and slower music. The other members were slightly envious. Of course the most talented would be noticed. But they knew their group was young. If it took this brand new branch to make them better known, then so be it.

                   “Hyung, I’m scared. I’ve only been here for six months. Why did they want to throw me into the shark tank again?” Kyuhyun fretted.

                    Yesung and Ryeowook comforted him. “Don’t worry. You’ll have us here to support you. Besides, this is our debut as well. Together we can do this, hwaiting!” Kyuhyun gave a weak smile and swallowed. He knew he was going to have to put in his all for this. He had everything to prove.

                    The three isolated themselves in a practice room day and night, and received the track list of their performances. Kyuhyun made sure to keep water and tea by his side to lubricate his throat. Ryeowook came down with a sore throat but he insisted on stocking up with cough drops. Yesung came down with stomach pains from forcing all the air past his lungs.

                    The other members couldn’t help but feel a tug at their hearts as they saw the hard work their brothers put in. Leeteuk cried when he saw Ryeowook hunched over the toilet, retching, having overworked his entire abdominal and lung area. Heechul could only comfort by sneaking in random notes and messages along with bags and bags of throat soothers. Eunhyuk entertained them, trying to get them to laugh, but the worry always overtook them. Donghae’s hugs were constantly available for those who needed it.

                    They watched as SM took them away in the middle of their practices and when they came back, dark circles were more prominent, and the weariness showed. But they fought on like soldiers. The one year anniversary was coming up. And SM has great plans for a wonderful debut.

                    The day of, the three stood outside the dressing room, staring at each other. Kyuhyun bit down on his lips with the intensity of his nervousness. Yesung smiled confidently, knowing that in this situation, he was the hyung, the leader. He put his arms around the two younger members and leaned in. “We’ve done it. We’ve worked hard. Today, we’re going to step out from the veil of being thirteen, and we will  shine as three. Our other members will watch and support us, love us always. So we have absolutely nothing to worry about.”

                    Ryeowook smiled and nodded. “We’re ready for this. Our fans are out there, waiting. ELFs will guide us every step of the way.” Kyuhyun kept silent, not sure how much he was privileged to mention ELFs, to mention their members’ love. Yesung sensed his hesitation and turned to the young boy.

                    “Kyuhyun-shi. This is the only time you will hear me say this because hyung doesn’t like being sappy. Kyuhyun-ah, you are a part of us now. Embrace it. We love you, ELFs love you. You don’t believe me? Go out tonight and you will see. You will see how we are accepted. How you are accepted.”

                    Kyuhyun smiled slowly and nodded. “Kamsahamnida, hyung. You make things all better with your words.” There was a loud announcement and they shared encouraging glances. The ten other members gathered outside the room and shook their fists in the air, hwaiting!

                    The three members walked slowly onto the stage and sat in their chairs. The lights dimmed and the familiar strains of the piano came on, Kyuhyun felt his heart beating. His mouth suddenly felt dry but Ryeowook gave him a gentle reassuring smile. He felt everything inside him relax, and he parted his lips to sing. At first he thought no sounds came out, and mildly panicked. But then he realized, he was too far from the microphone. Leaning, a little forward, he continued with his line.

                    Ryeowook counted and waited until he knew his part. The rhythm ebbed together, forming a familiar pattern. The boys sang their hearts out, pouring in the emotions. When the last haunting note ended, they looked across the stage at one and smiled. They had done it. The proud cheering of ELFs in the audience lit their hearts from the inside out. It was amazing to feel the love.

                    The other members ran on, hugging the three. All their hard work has once more paid back. “With the completion of Super Junior’s first year, we have also expanded to include our new subgroup, Super Junior KRY. Please continue to support us always, and love us. We will work hard to bring our best to you. We want to thank ELF, for the formation of you guys. Sapphire Blue forever!” Leeteuk shouted over the enthusiastic clapping. Tears filled his eyes as the crowd cheered louder.

                    In that moment, all the boys had only one thought in their heads. They would die first rather than let down this group of loving fans.

                    KRY expanded to become one of the best known groups of Super Junior. In 2010, they held their first concert in Japan. The huge popularity of their concerts prompted encores, and expansion of concerts to Taiwan, China and Seoul.

                    The trio has sang songs for their albums, some being In my Dreams, Heartquake, and My Love, My Kiss, My Heart. Their powerful vocals created depth to Super Junior’s sound. They also added in for additional performances the sounds of Donghae and Sungmin. Super Junior KRYS, KRYD. Doesn’t matter.  To ELFs, it’s all beautiful magic. 

 

cringes

EUW WHAT THE HECK? This chapter.. I APOLOGIZE TO SUPER JUNIOR. IT DOESN'T DO YOU GUYS JUSTICE, BUT I STILL LOVE YOU. PLEASE FORGIVE ME ♥ And so I kind of lied, but it's to show how hard they work. Comments please :D

The One I Love

AND

also A-Cha~ Because :D