First Super Show

As You Leave: A Tribute

 

First Super Show

                   

                    “Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you, the kings of Asia, Super Junior.” The entire stadium erupted into applause and everyone started clapping. The entire stadium darkened and instead, a powerful blue glow permeated. The cheers of the fans echoed throughout the stadium and the performers shivered with excitement. This was the first time their company has allowed them to put on such a show.

                    Months before this came into fruition, the boys were lying around in their dorms, daydreaming. “My biggest wish is to be able to go on stage and perform, as just Super Junior.” Leeteuk sighed as he pictured the entire stadium filled with blue and the fans cheering.

                    “Yeah. Imagine that. We can show our happy sides to people without always having to be so professional.” Heechul added.

                    “But what if we don’t sell enough tickets?” Kyuhyun was worried. He was new to the group and still felt that they needed to get more popular.

                    “We just won the Rookie Award. Maybe our fans will recognize us more.” This was Eunhyuk, trying to keep the spirits up. Everyone fell silent as they each contemplated the wonderful feeling of being a solo group on stage, without having to share the stadium with other artists.

                    “Super Junior members! We have exciting news for you!” The president walked into their practice room and beamed. “You just won the most prestigious award for rookies, congratulations. You are about to move on to greater things. We have expanded into various subgroups and now it’s about time. It’s about time for Super Junior to launch their first Asia tour! Welcome to the start of Super Show!”

                    There was a silence before Kangin whooped out loud. “Thank you!” the boys charged at Soo Man and he smiled, happy to see his stars excited.

                    “We did it!” They chanted, linking arms and jumping in a circle.

                    “From here on, Super Junior will be the name on everyone’s lips. We will work hard to bring the best to our fans and the world. We will not stop even after the world is covered in sapphire blue!” Leeteuk vowed.

                    And work they did. For months, they practiced the choreography for their solos and their songs. They tried to bring out various ideas to make this show the best their fans have ever seen. They sweated, argued and made sure that the end result would not disappoint.

                    When tickets went on auction, the website server crashed. The second auction brought similar results, where all the tickets were sold out in five minutes.

                    “Guys, this is scary,” Kyuhyun didn’t look up from his laptop as he watched the sales increase at such rapid speed.

                    “These fans,” Ryeowook sniffled.

                    The tour went to Bangkok and set a record as the largest standing concert ever held in China. The boys went on stage and absorbed the love of their fans. When they got off, they vowed to do better and to bring better performances.

                    “I’m exhausted but that was the best thing that ever happened.” Donghae was panting offstage. It was their last stop and nobody wanted this magical run to end. It was amazing to go to different countries, speak the language and see the fans unite under one love. Their solos were successful and further showcased Super Junior’s talent.

                    “Guys, let’s go! One more time!”

                    They all ran onstage to begin their first song. The roar of the fans as they saw them was music to their ears. The members performed with energy and belted along, singing with all their power. They goofed onstage and performed little skits.

                    They used the technology and the lay out of the stage to get closer to their fans. They shook hands, held hands and hugged their devoted followers, appreciating every moment and every tear. When it came time to bow together and say goodbye, the members were shedding tears.

                    “Thank you. The past few months made us stronger and we will be back with a new album and more energy and a brand new stage! Thank you for always supporting us and loving us. Saranghae! Super Junior love ELFs!”