2012 Comeback

As You Leave: A Tribute

 

2012 Comeback

 

                    The cryptic announcements, the taunting hints, and the constant rumors. It’s that time of year again. That amazing once a year feeling where after watching all the new rookies debut, seeing other bands comeback, you know that it’s finally our time again. It’s always around the same time so when the summer heat rolls around, you know that the Kings of the Hallyu Wave is coming as well.

                    And it’s true. After the ending of Mr. Simple promotions, Donghae had said that they would not be releasing an album for a while. This caused distress, but many accepted it. However, soon there were interviews where Ryeowook mentioned a sixth album. Then came the multiple tweets where members talk about practicing hard for the new album. So fans waited. We waited until finally tumblr and all the KPop news sites began to be attacked by rumors and confirmed whisperings.

                    And finally, on June 20, 2012, a teaser was released. The bomb has been dropped. Dates have been settled and finally, the anticipation begins. Typing this is giving me enough goosebumps to cover the entire ELF population.

                    When I first saw Eunhyuk’s teaser, I have to admit I was heartbroken. I cried. I sat in front of my computer, called my best friend and cried. Why? Because the quality was horrendous and it seemed as if SM had put zero thought behind this new album.

                    As much as I love SNSD, as much of an EXOtic that I am, I am always, forever an ELF first. And to see SNSD get all these new hype for a Japanese single and to have all this money spent on EXO, it hurt.

                    When I saw SHINee’s teaser photos, I cried. I thought that SM had spent too much on EXO and were now slightly broke. F(x) didn’t disappoint. Their photos had the same washed out quality and it broke me. I knew then that Super Junior would have a comeback, but I told myself, SM would never ever do this to our boys.

                    And then my baby’s teaser was released and I cried. I cried because it was disgusting and I didn’t know what concept SM thought it was doing. I’ve had people tell me oh it’s ography. Then there were the more accepting fans who said, “it’s a hipster look.” I’ve heard everything from artistic to simplistic to mysterious. And I was vivid.

                    I hated that it was just him in a room wearing what a regular guy would wear. There was no theme to it, and that bubble was ridiculous. And the flowery blindfold? Goodness, that made me cry harder. I could have dressed my brother made him sit and taken the same exact damn picture, and photoshopped in the bubble and pass it off as a teaser photo.

                    I hated it. All my friends said that they have never seen a diehard ELF be so unexcited for a comeback before. And they were right. I had lost all my enthusiasm. But then I thought about it. I thought about it and decided, I will fall for SM’s trick. I will be a typical ELF because it’s what we do.

                    I decided, let me fall for SM’s mind game. I will be the stereotypical ELF and accept whatever it is that SM decides to throw at us simply because it was Super Junior. Then Donghae’s teaser came out, and dayum. That completely made up my mind.

                    Maybe because it was Donghae and he looks amazing in everything but his picture looks fantastic. Yes, the theme was still as ambiguous as ever but since when has SM coordinated the teaser with the album? Not since 2010 they haven’t. But Donghae made me truly appreciate it, and all of a sudden the excitement is back.

                    The name y, Free and Single is ridiculous. I mean honestly? It’s a mouthful and as many had already pointed out, it’s like the slogan for deodorant, pads or dating sites. I always say in my mind, y, Single and Free.

                    And then twitter made me accept. Leeteuk thought Eunhyuk looked handsome and he didn’t disagree. For once. Donghae’s adorable typo, “Dong Hee” made me love it. Together, we are the king and queen of typos. Bonamama anyone?

                    Soon after, SM decided to troll us and make us wait. They decided to release two teasers. I saw Leeteuk’s and wondered what in the world this was about. He didn’t look like him and was completely different. Ryeowook’s coloring was interesting as well. But it only added to the allure. I wondered if the theme was indeed beautiful man and not fantasy.

                    The next day rumors swirled that it’s Kyuhyun’s teaser and all the Gamers were excited. They all were waiting and waiting but of course not. Two more teasers were released and I started to wonder if the concept was nature. Because Shindong seemed like he was frost and Yesung. YeYe. Oh YeYe. Beware for some ing but I hate single s and yet for some reason, Yesung makes it work.  I wasn’t at all disgusted. But that tree branch antler thing on his head, I really question. Either way, he looks amazing.

                    Then it’s Sungmin and Appa and will I tell you those were pretty good. Sungmin’s was a bit girly for my tastes but Kangin’s. Holy cow. My goodness. My heart. I cannot. It’s fantastic. I thought of pharaoh and I was excited.

                    The last teasers were Kyuhyun’s and Siwon’s. I need to admit that Siwon’s was a weird mix of Leeteuk’s and Kangin’s. And I sort of preferred the nun fan made one… But Kyuhyun. Oh our Kyu-baby. Of course he would the most normal.

                    The teaser’s out. I’m excited. You have no idea,. My hands are spazzing. Yes, guys, I’m ready to mingle with y’all. ♥ The song is amazing. My favorite songs has to be the title track, Gulliver and Daydream. The kings are definitely back.
                    So I’m excited and I’m mass updating. And here it is, finally, Super Junior’s sixth jib: y, Free and Single

6jib.gif

tumblr_m5yc2ts9t61rsf5ljo1_500.gif\

x5ky.jpg

header+blog.jpg

ELF%2521.jpg

tumblr_lv0ue37Iu51r6mlnvo1_500.gif

5092018741.jpg

Let's show our boys our love. Once more.