Six

Heart Reserved For One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I checked the newspaper for the list of available jobs. I felt stressed, since it was hard finding a job these days.

My shift was going to start in 15 minutes, so I thought I better use my free time for this.

“Amber, why are you looking for another job? Aren’t you already busy enough?” a familiar voice asked. Chanyeol tends to visit me at the Sweet Witches café sometimes.

“I lost my job at the convenience store yesterday.”

He looked at me, concerned. “What happened?”

“I was being too careless.” I stated, taking another sip of my coffee as I scanned through the newspaper.

“Any luck?”

I crossed out everything on the newspaper. “Nope.”

“You'll be fine, Amber." Chanyeol assured her. "After you work, want to window shop at the mall?” Chanyeol asked me.

“Sure,” I nodded. Window shopping was one of my favorite things to do. Since I was getting my paycheck today, I was even considering to buy a small thing for myself at least, like new scarf. Winter was approaching and it was getting colder these days anyways.

After I finished working, my boss handed me my paycheck. I bowed and thanked him before I left to meet up with Chanyeol. I was in a good mood, until I remembered that I had to pay back my old boss the $50 dollars at the convenience store. “Aish, I almost forgot.”

I entered the convenience store and showed him the $50 I owe. “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m here to pay back the money.”

When I was about to hand him the money, he shoved it away from me. “Your bastard of a boyfriend already gave me the $50, Well more like he threw it.”

“Boyfriend? What are you talking about?”

“Forget it, just go if you aren’t going to buy anything. Just thinking about it angers me.” My old boss shooed me away.

I stepped out of the store, dumbfounded. What in the world was he talking about?

I felt like I was going to get a headache from all of the confusion. Someone paid for me? Who?

As I was trying to think of what could’ve happened, my phone rang.

“Amberrrr, are you coming or what?” Chanyeol's voice filled my right ear.

“Oh, I’m on my way right now. I’ll be right there!” I told him.

15 minutes later, I arrived at the mall. My eyes were everywhere, trying to look for Chanyeol.

Where was he? It shouldn’t be that hard to find that tall elf!

“LLAMA!”

I turned around to the source of the voice. Chanyeol smiled cheekily at me, along with the others beside him.

I mentally sulked. He didn’t tell me the others would be here...

 

Amber walked up to us and greeted everyone else before me.

“Hi Sehun.” Amber greeted.

I didn’t say anything and responded with a nod.

“Hey Amber, you like dogs?” Kai revealed his cute puppy, which made Amber squeal. I put my attention on her, genuinely a little curious.

“Kya, so cute! What is his name?” Amber asked excitedly as he ruffled the dog's head.

I was sure that I wasn't the only one who was surprised with her extra positive reaction.

“Amber is a real dog lover.” Chanyeol commented.

Kai grinned. “His name is Monggu.”

“Wow, you are so handsome, Monggu.” Amber Monggu's back. As she played with Kai’s do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter