Prologue

Heart Reserved For One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sighed, pathetically staring at the ‘D’ on my report card. I was able to keep up all of my grades for most of my classes, except for math. Why was middle school so hard?! I hit my head many times in frustration before I decided to text Wufan.

UGHHH. I got a D on math. Can you believe it?! Even after trying so hard to pass the class…. I AM SUCH A FAILURE -Amber

After I sent the text message, my phone received a new text message 30 seconds later. A smile already grew on my face without even reading the text message, already knowing it was from Wufan.

Awww, seriously? It’s okay, a lot of people have a hard time passing math. You are not a failure! –Wufan

I couldn’t control the smile that was on my face. I felt like the luckiest girl in the world to be able to have Wufan by my side.

Thanks…. But I still feel down… -Amber

Let’s meet up at the café right now and I’ll cheer you up~ -Wufan

He didn’t need to say the name of the café since the Sweet Witches café was our usually our hang out place.

Okay, why not since I have nothing better to go anyways. See you in half an hour~ – Amber

I got changed and quickly told my mom I was leaving before I took a walk to the café. When I arrived, I ordered our usual drinks, took a seat at an empty table and placed our drinks on the table.

A couple of minutes later, I spotted Wufan walking into the café.

I gave him a wave for him to be able to spot me. When Wufan found me, he scurried over to the table and sat at the seat opposite of mines.

“Yo Amber,” He greeted as he ruffled my hair.

I huffed my bangs in response while trying to hold in my smile. “Yah, stop messing with my hair!”

Truthfully, I fall for Wufan deeper every time he touched my hair.

He chuckled. “Don’t act like you don’t like it.”

I took a sip on my drink without responding to Wufan’s statement. I sighed again remembering my grade on my report card.

“Still feeling down? Aww, I thought I already cheered you up,” Wufan pouted. “I hate seeing my llama like this.”

Omo… his pout! It’s sooo adorable!

“You might be like this too if you weren’t so smart.” I remarked.

Wufan grinned at me.“Ah, then how about this? I will help you with homework and studying for your tests every day? Sounds like a pretty sweet deal, right?”

“I can’t, because then I’ll be distracting you from your studies.”

“Are you underestimating me? Didn’t you say I was smart earlier?”

“Yeah, but-“

“I will help you and that’s final,” Wufan declared.

The ends of my lips curved upward. “Thank you thank you, you’re the bestest dragon I’ve ever met!” I said while I attacked him with a hug.

Wufan ruffled my hair again while I was still in Wufan’s arms. “That’s because I’m the only dragon you know.”

I prayed that Wufan wouldn’t be able to feel how fast my heart was beating.

 

Today was the day I was going to confess my feelings to Wufan. I figured it was about time since we known each other since kindergarden and we were already in the 8th grade. As nervous as I was, I wasn’t sure how long I was able to hide my feelings from him.

I took a deep breath before texting Wufan.

Dragon, can you meet me at the park? – Amber

I’m not sure about today… my mom was supposed to take me to the doctor’s today. -Wufan

Oh… okay. :/ – Amber

Is there something important you have to tell me? –Wufan

Sort of... but it’s okay, we can jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter