One

Heart Reserved For One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I nibbled on my sandwich as I sat alone under the tree.

Another year in high school. More specifically, my last year in high school.

I stared at the sky for quite a while before my eyes shifted to him. He let out a small laugh while talking to his friends and the girls around him.

It was comforting to know that he was happy with his life, or at least better than mines. He was at least very financially stable (which was obvious because of his great fashion taste) and he had many people admiring him. I had to admit, he has also gotten more handsome.

I sighed. Now looking back, I felt bad for him.

“Loner.” A girl snickered along with her other friends. They were one of the girls that always followed Wufan around, I mean Kris. No one called him by his real name since Wufan went by ‘Kris’ now. Because I always hung out with him, he rarely got to talk to anyone else, and he even lost a loved one because of me.

I was the black hole of his life. It’s a good thing we separated now.

“YAH! She’s not a loner, she’s my bestie!” A familiar voice retorted. I smiled, knowing who it was.

The girls didn’t say anything as they walked off. People usually wouldn’t try to bother Chanyeol.

"Those annoying girls, talking without knowing anything."

“Thanks,” I muttered.

“Aren’t you going to ask me where I was?” Chanyeol asked me.

“It’s okay.”

“WELL ANYWAYS, the teacher didn’t like my attitude so he made me stay after class to help clean his chalkboard.” He rolled his eyes.

I giggled. “What did you even do?”

“I wasn’t listening to the teacher’s lesson because this guy named Baekhyun was telling me funny- stories which made me laugh a little too loud, which pissed off the teacher. I guess I didn’t make such a good first impression.”

I grinned. “Well you should’ve been paying attention more, you derp.”

“Yah, I don’t need you to scold me too!” Chanyeol pouted.

I was glad that Chanyeol was making more friends since Chanyeol rarely hangs out with anyone else besides me. I sometimes felt bad because if Chanyeol haven’t met me and pitied me, Chanyeol would easily be one of the popular guys due to his fun personality and good looks.

“Why do you hang out with me when you could be friends with anyone else?” I asked him one day during the end of freshman year.

“Because you’re a genuine and a kind-hearted person. People like you are rare these days. You shouldn’t have such low self-esteem just because most people don’t see you in your best light.”

I was grateful for having Chanyeol in my life,  he’s the bestest friend I could ask for. A lot of people have mistaken our friendship as love, but that isn’t the case. We have no romantic feelings towards each other, just friendship. And besides that, I don’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter