Four

Heart Reserved For One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I thanked my boss for the millionth time as he willingly drove and dropped me off at the party. My jaw dropped when I saw the size of the house. It was the size of a mansion!

I didn’t bother to call my mother about coming home late, since my mother was probably going to be also coming home late today, like she does many nights because of working late.

Sometimes I wished my mother would date another man so we have someone else who could help our family out. My parents divorced a little bit before high school started because my mom was sick and tired of my father’s gambling habit. It got so bad that it made us lose our old home. But my dad was still in debt, so he escaped the city and was now living with his friend, probably gambling some more.

My mom doesn’t have any college degree, so there weren’t many good jobs to choose from. And that meant that we didn’t have much income either. So we lived in a cheap two room apartment, thanks to the nice owner. I had to work too, to be able to pay for the bills and get food on the table.

As soon as I entered the house, a maid approached me. “Hello, how may I help you?”

“Um… I am here to work as a waitress for the party.” I told her.

“Oh okay, come this way.”

The maid gave me a uniform to change into, and then gave me the instructions.

I bowed to her. “Thank you.”

As I waited for people to enter the house, I received a text message from Chanyeol.

COME ON AMBER, YOU GOTTA GO TO THE PARTY. YOU SHOULD HAVE FUN ONCE IN A WHILE! -Chanyeol

Ever since yesterday Chanyeol have been bugging me about going to some big party at some huge house, but I kept on giving him the excuse that I was too socially awkward.

This is the last time I'm telling you I will NOT go to the party!! Jeez learn to have fun without me! (just kidding heh) -Amber

I put my phone away as more and more people started entering the house. I instantly recognized them as the kids from my school.

I wanted to disappear right there and then. I honestly felt embarrassed that I had to work and serve them while they were having the time of their life.

"No, there's no point in being self-consicious right now. Just think about the extra money I'm going to make," I told myself.  And besides, I could just serve the students that weren't from my school or students from a different grade.

I silently gasped when I saw Chanyeol and his friends. Why out of all parties, they have to be in this one?

I knew that there was nothing good that as going to come out of Chanyeol and his friends knowing that I was working in this party so I decided to avoid them at all costs. The house was big so it couldn’t be that hard, right?

I moved into a different room as the guests took the food one by one from my tray.

I tried my best to keep a straight face as I passed by already drunk teenagers and couples that were having a hardcore makeout session in the open. Gosh... get a room!

While I kept going around, I was being more wary of my surroundings.

“Crap.” I thought as I saw Kris and his friends. Of course he would be here too...

I decided to watch them for a minute. While I watched Kris, I noticed how much he was drinking. The next thing I knew, I swore that Kris’s eyes suddenly met with mines. Panicked, I quickly turned away from him, causing me to spill all of the drinks on one of the guests.

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter