Nineteen

Heart Reserved For One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Xiumin, Lay, Kris, and I all anticipated our project grade. Finally, the teacher came over to us and handed us our grade and our work back. Xiumin was the first to grab it from the teacher’s hands.

“HELL YESS!” Xiumin threw his fists in the air.

“What? What is it?” Lay inquired, snatching the paper from him. A smile formed on Lay’s face once he saw the grade on the paper.

He showed it to Kris and I. “We got an A!”

“Great.” Kris said.

I sighed in relief. “Thank goodness.”

The bell rang, meaning that it was time for lunch. I got up from my seat and was about to walk out of the classroom.

“Wait, Amber!” Lay called out.

“Hm?”

“Want to each lunch with us?” Xiumin asked me.

I didn’t know how to reply. I liked being with Kris’s friends, but I was afraid that Sehun and the others were going to be mad at me again; and there was Kris.

“Uh…” Xiumin and Lay were looking at me waiting for an answer. I felt even more pressured when I felt Kris’ eyes piercing through me.

“She doesn’t.” someone suddenly commented.

Baekhyun walked over to my side along with Suho and Kai.

“Yah, don’t speak for Amber.” Xiumin pointed out.

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo also joined in when they noticed the commotion, followed by Tao, Chen, and Luhan. The amount of people and tension made me feel uncomfortable.

“What’s going on?” Chanyeol asked.

“Well why would she be eating with you dumbs when we’re her friends?” Kai remarked.

“Dumbs? Says the person who got lowest ranking on the last test.” Luhan spat.

“Excuse me?”

“You heard me.”

I wanted to get out of the situation so badly because of all of the people that were staring at us.

“Why don’t you idiots gladly off because no one asked you guys to be here.” Chen retorted towards EXO-K.

“Or why don’t you all off and leave Amber alone?” Sehun replied back, a second after he joined us.

Sehun tightly grasped my arms and dragged me away from the spot. The rest of EXO-K followed us.

“Amber.” He called out.

I turned my body around and looked at Kris. I was silent, waiting for words to come out of Kris’s mouth.

What does he want to say? Hurry up and say it Kris, you’re making me anxious.

Taking too long to reply, Sehun continued pulling me out of there while EXO-K was right behind us.

Sehun held onto me a little too lightly, which caused slight pain to my arm.

“Sehun, let go of Amber. You’re hurting her.” Chanyeol informed him.

Sehun quickly let go of me. “Sorry” he mumbled.

“The nerve of them..” Suho hissed, referring to EXO-M.

“Forget it guys, let’s just eat lunch now.” Chanyeol suggested.

We put the incident behind us and only focused on eating and talking about random things.

“So, there’s another party tonight guys! Who’s up for it?” Suho brought up.

“I’m up for some fun.” Kai commented.

“Eh, I had nothing better to do anyways.” Kyungsoo added.

“Chanyeol, you’re going to be coming, right?” Baekhyun asked him.

Chanyeol shrugged, “Sure.”

“Amber, you’ll be coming too?” Kai asked.

“No way! Amber shouldn't near things like parties; especially the ones we go to.” Chanyeol declared.

"What do you mean?" I asked. It was true that I didn't like parties, but I still couldn't help but feel slightly offended.

Kai wrapped his arm around my shoulder. “Amber does need to live a little. but it is weird imagining Amber at a party. Amber is way too innocent and pure.”

I didn't know why, but I wanted to defend myself because I didn't want them to think that I was a naiive and clueless person who didn't know how to have 'fun'.

Sehun removed Kai’s arm. “Leave her alone.”

Kai rolled his eyes. “I was just saying. No hard feelings, right Amber?”

“Oh yeah, of course...."

Chanyeol patted my head. “Good. You better go study to bring your gra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter