Eighteen

Heart Reserved For One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My face fell when Sehun ignored my greeting and sat near the front.  He probably didn’t hear me because he had earphones on.

I was surprised as to why he was taking the bus, since he had his own car.

I heard my text message notification; I took out my phone and opened my new text message.

Can you buy the groceries right now? We are running out of food supply. Thank you sweetie. –Mom

I quickly replied to my mom, notifying her that I will.

“Um, I’ll be going grocery shopping too.” I informed Kris.

Kris gave me a smile. No, why are you smiling at me? Please don’t do that…

“That’s great.” He said, and he didn’t sound sarcastic.

I swear, his smile could be a cure for cancer…

No,  Amber! Stop these thoughts! Kris still dislikes me, I can’t start having false hopes…

I remembered that Sehun was at the bus as well. I wanted to talk to him ever since he gave me the strange phone call.

“I’m going to go sit with Sehun,” I told Kris.

I got up from my seat and took a seat next to Sehun. He still hasn’t noticed me. He was too busy being his ‘cold-hearted’ self.

 

ing great. I was stuck with riding the bus because my parents took away my car keys for overusing my credit card.

I didn’t feel any better when I found out that Amber was hanging out with those bunch of losers. I know she’s with them for her project, but it pissed me off that she considered them as her friends now. Did she forget about us? Aren’t we enough for her?

After getting on the bus, I took a seat next to the window and stared out of the window. Maybe taking the bus wasn’t so bad. I didn’t have to drive and I could just unwind as I listen to my music.

A really soft poke on my arm distrupted my thoughts. Maybe the person who sat next to me touched me by accident.

I was poked on my arm again. What the hell?

I turned my head to the seat next to me with a scowl on my face. My face immediately softened when I saw it was Amber.mAfter seeing her face, my anger gradually faded.

“Hi Sehun… um, am I bothering you?” Amber asked when she noticed my one second glare earlier.

“Hey…. Amber” I spoke up. “Y-you aren’t bothering me.”

, the hell am I stuttering for? I did not expect to see Amber tonight.

“Sehun, what are you doing on the bus?” Amber asked me.

“My parents took away my car keys.” I told her, realizing how spoiled I seem.

She chuckled. “What did you do? Spend too much money?”

My eyes diverted from her in embarrassment. “Yeah…”

She lightly hit me in the arm, “You should learn to save your money.”

“Whatever…” I murmured.

I would be lying to myself if I said I didn’t feel a little bit happy that I got to spend some alone time with Amber.

 

I unconsciously clenched my jaw. Amber just left me to sit with Sehun.

I knew I couldn’t really blame her since she hangs out with EXO-K, but that Sehun guy never fails to get on my nerves.

I watched her poke him and chat with him. I noticed the change in Sehun when Amber was with him. And I didn't like it one bit, because I should be in Sehun's position.

 

“Sehun, I’m going to get off in then next few stops.” Amber mentioned.

I turned to her, as I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. “But isn’t your apartment in a couple more stops?”

“My mom asked me to go get the groceries before I come home.”

My eyes quickly roamed Amber, until I spotted Amber’s shirt that was unusually large for her.

“Why are you wearing such a big shirt?”

“Um well, while I was with the EXO-M guys, I got soda spilled on my shirt, so I’m just borrowing this shirt until

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter