The Awakening

A Double Take

“It’s not what it looks like,” was the first thing Kris could say.

Luna could only nod.

“You two get dress and meet us in the sitting room,” Mr. Wu instructed.

The two could only nod.  After the door was shut again, Kris got up and pulled on his dried sweat pants turning to her who was still trying to find a way out of bed without him noticing too much.

“You knew about my parent’s visit?” He questioned her angrier then he meant to sound.

“Your mother messaged me that they would be stopping by this morning but I had no idea how early,” she mumbled.

“Did you plan this to happen?  I mean you made it clear that you didn’t want to marry me but I find it funny that you kept my parent’s visit a secret from me,” he flat out voiced his opinion.

“You think I planned this? “ Luna asked.

“How else can all this happen in coincidental order?” He asked in return.

“Did I force you to share the bed with me?  Is it your room that I’m sleeping in in?  Is it me who stripped you when you were half conscious?  Is it me who gave a spare key to your friends to flaunt themselves into my private life?  Yeah.  I did it all.  Fine.  Blame it all on me,” she tossed back at him.

“Why on earth didn’t you tell me that my parents were visiting?” He asked angrily.

“Because I thought they would have told you first since you were their son and then gave me the courtesy call,” she shouted back.

“You know we’re now in a bind,” he pointed out with much frustration.

“You are in a bind.  Not me.  My parents would never allow me to go through what you’ve already done – so not my problem,” she tossed back at him.

“The moment we go out those doors, we’ll be forced to agree on getting married ASAP – how much do you want to bet?” He asked.

“Maybe yours will be on your to make you an honest gentleman but my parents will disagree – no matter what you say or agree to,” she shrugged.

“How sure are you about that?” He asked.

“Because I’ve already told them, the only way I would ever marry you – they would have to kill me first,” she replies coldly before pulling the sheets around her to get some clothes out of the closet.

Kris froze in place while Luna quickly dresses.

“You dislike me that much?” He asked.

“Do I have to answer that?” She asked in return.

“Very well.  Let’s hope your parents will hold you to that bargain – I’ll see you out there,” he muttered coldly before leaving the room.

 

15 minutes later.

Upon entering the sitting room, his friends along with both of their parents were already awaiting for her to join them.  Kris was still wearing his sweat pants with no shirt.  Her friend Krystal gave her an apologetic look but the meaning gave her no idea why was she sorry.  Kris’s parents were calm, while her parents’ expressions were very upset.

“Glad you can finally join us Luna,” Mr. Wu finally broke the silence.

“I can explain what happened.  And like Kris said, it wasn’t what it seemed,” Luna started to say.

“Are you saying that you remembering taking the trash out and was bitten by a snake?” Mr. Wu asked.

“Yes,” Luna nodded.

“It was him who personally removed the viral bile from your bite?” Mr. Wu asked.

“Yes,” Luna nodded again.

“And he bathed you?” Mrs. Wu asked.

“Yes,” Luna slowly nodded.

“And the two of you shared the bath tub together?” She asked.

Luna flinched.  But she did remember vividly that he was the one sitting behind her in the tub – the one to wash her while she was immobile.  She had no choice but to nod.

“And then the two of you shared the bed together?” Mr. Wu finally asked.

Luna nodded again.

“Luna, I’m very disappointed in you my dear.  I thought you would disappear to another planet before agreeing to open yourself up to him again after what he did to you,” her father finally spoke.

“But nothing…” she started to say.

“Are you saying nothing happened?  So why did you nod and agree to everything that Mr. and Mrs. Wu asked you?” Her father asked again.

“Because they did happen but only…” she started to say but only to be interrupted again.

“But only she knew I was the one for her so what was the point of waiting,” Kris inserted.

“Waiting?  What are you talking about?” She turned to him flabbergasted by his statement.

“No need to be shy honey.  I knew it was going to happen sooner or later.  You were meant to be my daughter in law and I’m glad the two of you decided to make up for it on this trip,” Mrs. Wu clapped.

Luna frowned.  Now she was very confused.  Exactly what happened out here while she was still getting dressed?

“Alright.  I must have missed something.  What exactly did Kris tell everyone?” She asked trying to keep her calm.

“Basically everything you nodded to,” her mom answers.

“We will find a date and make the arrangements,” Mrs. Wu stated happily.

“Let me know if you need our assistance,” her mom replies.

“Wait …. Arrangements for what?” Luna asked.

“The wedding,” her father stated dryly.

“I thought the wedding was off,” Luna said.

“It was until we found the two of you together,” her mother stated.

“But nothing happened!” She almost shouted.

“How can you speak that careless in front of everyone when you admit to all of the questions above?” Her mother asked in her –don’t mess with me- tone.

“Nothing happened.  Kris tell them, please,” she pleaded with him.

“I tried telling you that we were both going to get caught being careless.  And now we have no choice but to follow their request – I have to make an honest woman out of you,” he told her. 

“Caught being careless…?” She repeated with much uncertainty.

“Just as we thought it would happen but now that we caught it earlier than later – we have lots of planning to do before the month is over,” Mrs. Wu announced.

“We’ll leave you two to finish up here and when you come back to the city, Luna’s belonging will already be moved into Kris’s place,” Mr. Wu stated.

“What!” Luna shouted.

“We thought it was best to keep the two of you together since you’ll be tying the knot soon anyways and plus it takes a lot of work to sell condos this time of the season,” her father stated.

“Mom!  Help me here,” Luna pleaded.

“There is nothing more I can do for you my dear.  Be preparing for your future since you’ve decided it yourself,” her mother stated.

Her parents along with his left the two of them alone with his friends who were still standing around like mummies.  Her friend Krystal was unable to do anything for her.  She got herself in this mess.  How on earth could something so small turn into something so big?

“We will leave you two to ummmm finalize your future,” Kai coughed an apology and dragging Krystal along with him.

Suho signaled the rest to leave as well.  And once everyone was gone, the cottage was as quiet as it was before the crowd made their entrance.

 

“What on earth happened?” Luna turned to him.

“I told them that we shared a bed,” he shrugged.

“But nothing happened!” She shouted.

“Nothing just didn’t happen Luna – lots of thing did happen and unfortunately you agreed to all of them when you were being questioned,” Kris shrugged.

“What indications did you give them to make it sound like we did more than share a bed?” She asked in frustration.

“I didn’t have to.  Your shock expression said it all,” Kris smiled.

“Why didn’t you fight it?” Luna asked.

Kris only shrugged.

“You didn’t want to marry me in the first place – so why now?” She asked.

“I’ve seen too much Luna and to be honest, I like what I see,” he smiled.

“Any women you look at will have the same feature as me,” she stated feeling agitated.

“Not just any women Luna, only you,” he whispers before stepping closer and closer until he was standing in front of her.

“What are you doing?” She asked close to losing her mentality.

“To make you love me,” he breathes gently before pulling her closer.

 

THUNDER ROAR!  It was dark.  The room was starting to feel cool again.  Opening her eyes, she could see a shadow lying next to her.  Moving her hands, she moved the sheet lower and realizes it was Kris, who as keeping her warm.  She already knew the two of them were .  The question was – Why?  All she could remember was the bite, the suction, the bath – after that only the dream she woke up from. 

She attempted to shift away but was only pulled tighter toward him.

“Kris…let me go,” she muttered gently.

“Too cold,” he grumbles.

“Too close,” she tries to push him away. 

But that did no good since he only pulled her tighter and tighter until she could no longer moved.  Then his eyes finally open.

“You awake now?” He asked.

“Yes.  And why are you in my bed?” She asked grumpily.

“Because you needed warmth and I was the only one able to do it faster than the fireplace,” he answers with a yawn.

“Get out of my bed before I thumped you!” She pushed again and aiming for his most sensitive place.

He felt the movement and was able to avoid the painful hit.  He shifted and managed to lift both her arms above and trapping her legs by placing himself in between them to protect himself from any more harm.

“What are you doing?” She grunted and tried to bump him off.

But it was no good.  He was much stronger and released all his weigh onto her by smashing her into the depth of the bed.  She was unable to control her breathing.  He was too close.  Too close for her to defend herself. 

“Get off me you brute!” She insulted him again.

“I don’t know why you’re so angry Luna.  I saved you and you should be thankful rather than throwing insults at me,” he stated.

“You have no right to be sleeping on this bed with me – it is completely inappropriate,” she argued back.

“I saved you.  I didn’t want you in anymore danger so I stayed close.  And have you ever heard of pneumonia – I didn’t want you to catch that either,” he stated again.

“Whether you saved me or not – it doesn’t give you the right take advantage of me,” she wanted to cry of shame and embarrassment.

“I would never take advantage of you Luna,” he told her gently.

“Then what are you doing now?” She asked in tears.

“Protecting myself from you,” he shrugged.

“But you’re hurting me,” she pushed again using her body.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you,” he warned her.

Without listening to him, she thought it was hurting him so she did it again and then realized what he meant.  She felt it.  She felt the hardness and it wasn’t something she expected from him when the two were not even compatible.

She blinked.

While he tried to control his breathing.

“What’s wrong with you?” She asked innocently.

“Nothing.” He murmured.

Releasing her hands from his hold, he tried to push himself up and away from her but managed to slip and collapsed on top of her again.

“Sorry,” he apologized.

Luna was now looking at him.  Her expression has softened.

“Please don’t look at me like that,” he whispers.

“Like what?” She asked naively.

“Like you’re worried about me,” he whispers.

“I am though.  What is wrong with you…..I don’t get it,” she whispers back.

Lifting her chin, he softly kisses her and instead of pushing him away, she let him control the flow.  Then his lips drifted to her cheek, chin, neck, shoulder – and he found a sensitive spot between her neck and shoulder that causes her shiver. 

“You taste delicious Luna,” he murmured.

“I do?” She whispered.

He nods. 

Moving toward her soft spot behind her ears, instead of kissing her, he and causing her to gasp.  His hands were still gentleman hands keeping them where she could see them while hers were wrapped around his neck.

“What are we doing?” She whispered in confusion.

“Just kissing,” he whispers back.

“Why are we kissing?” She asks.

“I don’t know why but if I don’t kiss you, I’ll go mad,” he murmured.

She was speechless.

“But if you want me to stop, just tell me Luna and I will do my best,” he told her while he was on his favorite spot on her neck.

“But I thought you didn’t find me attractive so how can you find me delicious?” She asked.

“I never said I didn’t find you attractive – but I knew you were as good as you look,” he smiled warmly.

She blinked several time trying to comprehend what he just said.

“Can I kiss all of you Luna?” He asked softly.