The Kiss

A Double Take

“What do you mean?” Luna questioned him back.

“If memories served me right, we met a few years back by chance and talked the whole night away – then you disappeared,” Kris slowly explained.

Luna could only continue frown.

“Where were you a few years back?” He asked.

Thinking.  Thinking.  “Still in school,” she finally said.

“When did you die your hair blond?” He asked.

“A month ago but I’ve been dying it off and on for the past four years,” she shrugged.

“So did you ever attend an event a few years back that was held in the heart of Seoul where all students from the elite school gathered?” He continues to question her memory.

“High school? Or College?” She asked for clarification.

“It would have to be college since I’m 23 and you’re what 21…so it has to be college,” he smiles.

“But I couldn’t have attended because for one, I would have only been what 18 and under the age to party,” Luna explained carefully.

“Do you have a twin sister?” He now asked.

“No.  Or not that I’m aware of.  What did she look like?” She asked out of curiosity.

“Just like you except with long black hair,” he points out.

“Hmm.  Strange, well there is a saying that there is more than one of you out there – so not surprising at all,” Luna shrugged it off.

“But in the same proximity – I don’t think so,” Kris disagreed.

“Look, I don’t know why you think that girl is me but back to our prior discussion – the wedding that is not going to happen at all, we need to cancel it,” Luna reminded him.

“What makes you think it’s not going to happen at all?” He challenged her.

“Because guys like you don’t marry girls like me,” she tried to reason with him.

“Guys like me…?  Explain please,” Kris held in his unknown annoyance with this girl who he thinks is the girl he has been waiting for. 

“Look, Ken doll – I don’t know why you are forcing someone to marry you when you can marry someone better,” she started to say.

“The name is Kris and as far as I know, I haven’t forced you to marry me…………..yet,” he pointed out.

“Force or non-forced, whatever but the point is that we don’t look good together,” she started to say again.

Kris only could chuckle.

“What is so funny?” She asked stopping in mid sentence.

“Your personality is exactly like her too – so how many Luna are there that looks like you and act like you?” He asked.

She could only shrug off his nonsensical questions.

“Well there is one thing we could do that can make a final determination that you’re not the same Luna as the one from before,” he suggested.

“And that is…?” She wondered.

 

He continues to walk toward her causing her to step back until she was against the wall and nowhere to run to – he stopped.  Looking down at her, he could sense her fear yet he felt the same aura he did a few years back.  It has to be her.  Lifting her chin to face him, he bends lower and lower until he was inches away from making contact.

“What are you doing?” She managed to muffle out.

“Testing the theory,” he smiled before kissing her quiet.

Her arms came up to push him away but to no avail he was thick as stone and immovable.  The more she pushed, the tighter he held her to him.  She can’t let him go any further.  She meant to open to at least yell but he took the opportunity to push his tongue in and silenced her.

He groaned.

But she continues to fight the mutual attraction.  If she could only put a little distance between the two, she’d be able to kick him where it hurts the most.  He must have read her mind or something because he immediately released her.

“Why are lying to me and yourself?” He shouted.

“What are you talking about?” She asked out of breath.

“You tasted the same.  Exactly the same as the Luna from before – why are you denying the fact that you’ve met me once already before,” he gripped his hands into fists trying to control his frustration.

“Look, you’re really freaking me out with this whole Luna thing.  I don’t know that Luna and all I came here for was to plead you into calling off this crazy wedding that you threw out there.  We aren’t suited for each other and before we make it any worse, just tell your parents you made a wrong decision at this time and will need to rethink it,” Luna pleaded.

Kris could only shake his head and laughed at the same time.

“What…?” Luna looked at him with much confusion.

“You think I’m going to change my mind when I know I’m right from the beginning.  Nice try Luna but it won’t happen and plus it’s too late,” he smirked handsomely.

“What do you mean it’s too late?” Luna asked.

“The moment you walked into my condo, the decision was already made by you – the media will report our nuptial on the news and they will have pictures to prove it too,” he answered with no hint of humor.

Luna gasped.  “You tricked me!” She shouted.

“There was no trick involved in this matter, you came to me willingly,” he shrugs.

 

Picking up her bag, she walked past him but before she could leave, he said, “Don’t do anything foolish Luna, if so, you’ll be under this roof before you can say I’m sorry.”  His last advice to her before she slammed the door behind her.

“Luna.  Luna Park.  Exactly what were you doing at an event three years ago if you were still a minor – something doesn’t add up here,” Kris muttered quietly.

 

VicAmb Spa.

“So what did you do to put yourself in that hole?” Victoria asked bluntly.

“Nothing.  Ahhh!  I did nothing,” Luna shouted.

Amber could only laugh.

“It’s not funny unnie,” Luna began to whined.

“I know it’s not but I warned you ahead of time to stay away from him but did you listen to me – no,” Victoria giggled.

“Well whose fault was it for sending me that way, huh?” Luna asked her.

“I told you to go that way to avoid clashing with the client’s son but instead you ran into the client’s son best friend – but what you did after that, you’re responsible for putting yourself in your current predicament,” Victoria reminded her.

“So does he believe there are two Luna’s out there?” Amber asked.

“I don’t know.  I thought I did a good job trying to prove I was not,” Luna shrugs.

“From what I know, Kris along with Suho and Kai are the most difficult to handle.  Luhan is not too far behind them either but he’s kinder and more willing to listen before acting.  But Kris is one of the toughest opponents we ever dealt with but now that you are caught in the mist of this mess – you need to be careful,” Vic warned her.

“How am I going to get out of this mess?” Luna whined.

“I hate to break this to you but I don’t think you will be getting out of this very soon.  You need to do a better job at leading him to believe that there is another Luna out there,” Amber suggested.

“What do you mean?” Luna asked.

“Dye your hair to black and go back to the same Luna you were three years ago – then break it off with him.  Maybe then, he won’t have anything to do with you after that,” Sulli suggested from the back room.

“Sulli!  When did you get here?” Luna shot up.

“When you were whining about getting out of the mess you put yourself in lecture,” Sulli chuckles.

“I thought you were off today?” Victoria raised an eyebrow.

“I am but that new group of clients wanted me bring our main product line for previews,” she groaned.

“Oh well I guess you better if we need to build our client bucket list continuously – we need to show them what we got,” Victoria nodded.

“But it’s funny that he contacted us after running into last evening,” Sulli rolled her eyes.

“Who?” Victoria, Luna and Amber all said at once.

“Kris Wu,” Sulli stated.

“Oh lord,” Luna groaned.

“You’re telling me,” Krystal groaned as she entered the salon.

“Did you finish the report you owed him, what’s his face?” Amber asked.

“Kai.  Yes.  That’s where I came from – that jerk kept me up all night for a dang report that didn’t need to be done until Monday,” she hissed.

“How close are Kai and Kris?” Luna asked out of the blue.

“I think they are like partners to some length but they went to school together,” Krystal answers.

“Now we have Kris adding us to his list of people to go through and find the Luna he met by accident a few years back,” Victoria wanted to crawl under the sheets.

“I’m surprise you pull off the blonde attitude Luna very well last night and today – or at least that was my understanding from overhearing Kai’s phone conversation with Kris,” Krystal reported.

“I told her to go back to black and break his heart – then she be done with him,” Sulli informed Krystal.

“But if that fails, Luna is only digging her grave deeper and deeper,” Krystal pointed out.

 

Luna could only smile.

“Oh no.  She has a plan.  And I don’t like that look on her face,” Amber moaned.

“Suppose I go back to black, what would my excuse be?  Or why am I appearing now?” Luna asked the group.

“Hmmm.  You just came back from Europe, studying fashion – it is your hobby,” Vic suggested.

“And what will happen to the current Luna?” She asked.

“Say you are abroad for some project that required your immediate attention,” Krystal suggested.

“And if he wants to meet?” She questioned.

“Then come here and we can dye your hair to blond again,” Amber clapped.

“But let me say this again, if you’re caught – you’re dead meat,” Krystal reminded her again.

“Let’s do it,” Luna chirped up.

 

Luna’s Condo

Ring. Ring. Ring.

“Hello,” Luna answers.

“I’m glad you can follow directions,” he said with a chuckle.

“What do you want?” She asked.

“Are you going to Busan with me tomorrow?” Kris asked.

“I can’t.  I got a call from work requiring me to leave for a few days to handle some oversea problem but I will come as soon as I am done in Japan,” she answers smoothly not indicating any sign of nervousness.

“How bad is the problem?” He asked.

“A complete shut down on their main network that will require re-wiring and coding for specific functions,” she smartly replied.

“Will you call me as soon as you land in Busan?” He asked.

“Of course.  I don’t want you to make the wedding arrangement any faster than you are already doing,” she shuddered.

“Very well.  Have a safe trip and I will see you in Busan mid of next week,” he smiled.

Luna remained silent.  But as soon as he clicked off, she took a deep breath.

 

VicAmb Spa.

Bright and early, she arrived at the salon to dye her hair black and changed her make up to a softer glow.

“Are you sure you can handle this alone?” Vic asked for the tenth time.

“Yes.  I’m not afraid because I know you all will back me up,” Luna took a deep breath.

“And if you get caught, we have nothing to do with this,” Krystal reminded her.

“I know. Just keep Kai away from digging into my past,” Luna groaned.

“He is your least problem you have to worry about.  My guess is that either Luhan or Lay will do the digging and Chanyeol and Tao will do the distraction,” Krystal voiced her opinion based on what she knows.

“Just be careful,” Amber pleaded.

“I will.  If I got away three years ago, I can get away again,” Luna spoke up confidently.

 

Three hours later, she boarded the same plane as Krystal and landed in Busan at the same time.  Krystal went ahead since she was supposed to meet Kai at the front.  Up front, in the VIP area, she sees all twelve of them.  Good grief.  Luna better be careful she thought.  She may be able to fool one but to fool all twelve – she better be an Oscar nominee actress.

“Krystal.  How was your flight?” Kai asked.

“Good.  I finished up the last letter for you to proofread,” she smiled stiffly.

“Working her too hard brother,” Lay laughed.

“Why are all twelve of you here together?” She questioned them.

“We just happened to get in at the same time but we waited for you since Kai suggested it,” Kris smiled. 

Of course that was not what she was expecting from Kai.  Never.  But he is quite a character.  Everyone made a move toward the shuttle but someone stopped Kris from taking any further steps.

“What’s wrong bro?” Kai asked.

Kris could only point.

Krystal also glanced and saw who he was looking at.  Luna.  In this case, elegant Luna, not tomboyish Luna.  “Who are you looking at?” Krystal asked.

“Is that Luna?” Suho almost choked on his drink.

Krystal frowned.

“You said Luna flew to Japan, right?” Kai asked Kris.

Kris only nodded.

“She did fly out early this morning, Amber saw her off,” Krystal chimed in.

“But then who is that?” Kai asked.

“I don’t know. You want me to find out?” Krystal asked the group.

“Go ask her what her name is and if it’s Luna, bring her over here,” Kai instructed her.

Krystal nodded.

From afar the men watch as Krystal made small talk with a girl who looked just like Luna, except this one had black hair.  Suddenly, Krystal pointed toward their direction and she nodded back acknowledging their presence.  Even with the sunglasses on, Kris was already trying to read her eyes.  Slowly the two headed toward the group of men in suits.

“Let me introduce you to Kai, my boss and these are his friends,” Krystal smoothly transition the conversation over to Kai.

“Nice to meet you. I do apologize for stopping you but you have a very close resemblance to someone we know back home,” Kai started to say.

“No problem.  I get it all the time,” she gushed softly.  Taking off her sunglasses, she looked at the group as a whole and introduced herself, “I’m Luna Lim, nice to you meet everyone.”

“Luna Lim?” Kris repeated.

“So we meet again,” she smiled warmly.