The Stranger's Help

A Double Take

“Uh…anyone want to explain what he means by that?” Luhan asked.

“So where is blonde?” The stranger asks.

“Not here,” Amber muffled out.

“Code Blanca and its moving fast,” he stated no so happily.

“Are you sure?” Krystal asks.

He nodded.

“Wait.  How did you find this place?” Amber asked out of the blue.

The guy chuckles.  “What kind of runner would I be if I was slow and dead?” He asked.

 

“So um…this guy isn’t here to harm you two?” Suho asked.

“No, of course not but I’m still mad the two of you left me for the dead,” he answered gruffly.

“You know the code call was a close call,” Krystal pointed out.

“I know.  I heard it come across from Reddy but still, you could have called out to see if I needed help too,” he whined.

Both Amber and Krystal gave him the look then he quiet down.

 

“And you are?” Kris asked the stranger.

“Oh Hyuk, nice to meet the boyfriend of blonde,” he smiled at Kris.

“Blonde?” Kris repeated in confusion.

“Blonde….Luna, the sweet pea you been hiding away here in the mountain.  I mean I don’t blame you either. That girl gets around and once you lose her, it will take a while to find her again,” he joked.

Kris turned to face the two guilty as charge, who allowed her to escape when in reality he was just trying to keep her safe and close by him at all times.  Now she is out there for all he knows, she could be in great danger from people like this Oh Hyuk, however he seemed pretty normal after his appearance.

“If you’re here to harm Luna in anyways, I’ll hand you over to the authority now,” he warned him.

Both hands pleading up for mercy.

“I came in peace,” he pleaded.

“So why are you looking for Luna?” Kai asked out of the blue.

 

“Case 235 has resurrected and moving forward full force therefore Miss Blonde, Reddy, and Brainer needs to get moving before they find the hidden chip.  Code Blanca now has enough information to move forward but missing the chip,” he answers swiftly.

“You’re speaking in code and we don’t do code,” D.O. stated.

“Then I guess you don’t need to know anything…..do you?” Oh Hyuk shrugs.

“Is Code Blanca dangerous?” Kris asked since it was regarding Luna’s safety.

“If Code Blanca knows blonde was responsible for the leak, yeah, she might be,” he added.

“What about Krystal?” Kai asked.

Krystal only rolled her eyes.

“Brainer here is the safety net.  It’s Miss Reddy they want,” he shook his head.

“Miss Reddy?” Luhan repeated.

“Ummm goes by Vic…….” He slight muttered.

“And what do you mean by revenge will be sweet?” Tao asked from the side.

“Code Blanca almost destroyed me along with these gals but since we’re all still here, we can finally take them down once and for all.  I mean it only took us a year but hey it’s better now than never,” he answered without a flinch.

 

Amber stood up straight and firm.

“How do I know you’re really the true Oh Hyuk?”Amber asked.

“Code.” Krystal ordered.

Oh Hyuk just stared at them while the boys awaited the answer to Krystal’s command.

“Passed,” she announces.

“Whh…at.  How..?” Tao stuttered.

“Blonde and Reddy are together.  Sulli is the safety net,” Amber stated.

“Gotcha.  But why are you two here and not with them – don’t you have to be the tracers on this assignment?” He asked out of the blue.

Both Kris and Kai frowned in confusion.  Meanwhile Krystal and Amber gave him ‘the look’.  He releases a sigh.  Just his luck.  Everything the girls are stuck in distress, he is always pulling the stunts and if he gets caught, he is the one always getting hurt.  Good grief.

“Fine but you two owe me,” he huffed before releasing a black object that looks like a bomb.

“What the heck!” Someone shouted.

“Run!” He shouted.

 

Within seconds, the area was filled with smoke and gas.  You could hardly see anything or anyone nearby.  But all you could hear was coughing and hacking.  Ten minutes later when the air cleared, the guys turned their attention to Oh Hyuk who was no longer standing where he was prior to the fake bomb attack.  Not only was he missing but also Krystal and Amber.

“Are you serious?” Kai muttered.

“Not only they hackers but now they are ninjas too,” Tao commented.

“Bro…. what is next?” Luhan asked.

“Find out what is Code Blanca and leave Luna to me,” Kris ordered.

“How are you going to find her?” Lay asks.

“I have my own way,” Kris nodded.

 

“I’m going to go search around the area to see if they are hiding out until we leave since they didn’t come in a car,” Kai stated.

“We’ll come with you,” Suho nodded dragging Tao and Xiumin along.

“You can search the boundary but you won’t find them here.  I’m sure that Oh Hyuk had a backup plan when he tossed that gas bomb on the ground,” Kris shrugged.

“So we should head back into the city since that’s where they will be – we can have a face off against them on their turf or better yet lured them to us,” Luhan suggested.

“Lure them to us?”  Kai repeated.

“Krystal works for you.  Luna is seeing Kris.  So we can pull a plug and make them head our way, then we can force their real identity out.  I honestly feel like what we’re seeing is not the whole them,” Luhan explains.

“They’re not only hackers, if that’s what you’re trying to say – that I already know.  Luna is hiding something and I’ll get to the bottom of this soon,” Kris agrees.

“So are you saying Krystal is someone else too?” He asked.

“From what I’ve gather, Victoria is the lead here while Luna and Krystal are the ones doing the work.  Amber and Sulli are the two sidekicks that show up when needed,” Luhan nods.

“Do I need to handle Amber?” Suho asked out of the blue.

“Only if you…want to,” Tao agrees curiously.

“Are we missing something here?” Lay asks.

“Nothing.  Amber’s not that bad once you get to know her.  In fact, she is probably the most laid back one out of the five,” Suho smiles.

“Should I mention, probably a lesbo too?” Luhan added.

“She is not,” Kris shook his head.

“You sure about that?” Suho stuttered for a moment.

“If she were one, she wouldn’t have told you.  She wouldn’t be blushing being held by the opposite .  Nor would she stuttered easily if she didn’t like the male species one bit,” Kai stated firmly.

Chanyeol started laughing out loudly.

“I wouldn’t be laughing if I were you.  We’re leaving Sulli in your hands,” Kris instructed.

“Leave her to me, no problem,” Chanyeol continued to laugh.

“Let’s move out and fly into the city, Luhan you set up the move to lure them to us and we’ll take them one by one,” Kris ordered.

“You mean…..we have to deal with Miss Jia again,” Tao pouted.

 

“I know most of you aren’t fond of her but if I’m on target, she could be a great asset to us,” Kai explains.

Tao could only grumble.

 

Seoul.  Wuhan Corp – The President’s Office

“What do you have for me?” Kris asked sternly.

“Oh Hyuk use to work for your company, however two years later, he transferred to Kai’s company and then disappeared,” Luhan started to explain.

“Any records of him here?” He asked.

“That’s the funny part.  None for Oh Hyuk but his employee identification states his name as Lee Hyuk, 32 years old, and IT graduate of Busan University,” Luhan explains.

“Another double take personnel?” Kris eyebrows arched up.

“That brings me to another concern – how many people do we have under you that are not really who they say they are?” Luhan asked hypothetically.

 

Sitting up straight.  That would be a huge concern.  If his people aren’t really the people who he hired – how on earth did they bypass background check?  If Lee Hyuk can pull this off, anyone with an IT background can pull the same stunt.  He needs to find Luna and ring the truth out of her.  If she is doing her job for a good cause – perfect.  But if she is a traitor within the system, he will have to take her down – by the law of course.

“But in order for them to bypass security within our organization, someone on the inside is letting them through,” Luhan points out as if he read his mind.

“And who would that be?” He asked.

“As for Kai, his father let in Krystal.  Do you think your parents may have played a part in this?” Luhan asked out of the blue.

“I wouldn’t doubt it since dad has a frisky background, however, he would have told me about undercover assignments – if any do exist,” Kris pondered.

“Only if he thought they were not dangerous assignments but what if these hidden assignments involve behind the scenes – Krystal is probably a spy for Kai’s company but who she is spying on – no one knows.  Luna….the dual identity, maybe we weren’t meant to catch on but we did and now could her assignment be ruined.  As for Vic, the head of the group never shows her face up front but she is all out in the open.  I just don’t know what to expect anymore,” Luhan releases a sigh.

 

“Bro, you’re one of the smart one.  Something doesn’t add up here but when Luna walks into our trap tonight, I will deal it my own way,” Kris tried to relieve some tension.

“Do you think the two will come together?” Luhan asked.

“I wouldn’t doubt it,” Kris nodded.

Luhan could only hope so too.

 

Incheon Sea Dock Warehouse.

“Unnie, are sure this is the right dock?” Krystal murmured.

“That is what Vic stated,” Luna mumbles.

“It’s kind of creepy at night,” Krystal shivers.

“Oppa should be snooping this area out but his injured leg will not do him any good,” Luna muttered.

“Well he did rescue both Amber and I but we didn’t expect him to be a klutz,” Krystal snickered.

“He’s been off the scene too long.  It will take him some time to be where he was originally,” Luna sighs.

“I still can’t believe he was alive all this time,” Krystal still in disbelief.

“Me too.  Only one little thing about that bothers me,” Luna whispers as the noise on the dock became louder.

“And what’s that?” She whispers back.

“Is he really on our side or working for someone else?” Luna whispers.

“Is he capable of being a two-timer?” Krystal almost shouted.

“It wouldn’t be the first time,” Luna nodded.

“Do you think we’re walking into a trap?” Krystal then asks.

“Only one way to find out,” Luna shrugs.

 

More commotions became clearer on the dock.  The speed boat came aboard carrying a large trunk toward the awaiting limousine.  Once the doors opened, a tall legged beauty stepped out.

“Jia,” both Krystal and Luna muttered.

“Kris’s ex,” Luna muffled out.

“My hunch was that she may have been the one behind the 4 million dollar loss that Kai took a hit for 3 months ago,” Krystal cursed.

“And probably the same person who sold out the company’s secret of Mr. Kim Wong a month ago too,” Luna nodded.

“So why is Kris hooked on her?” Krystal asked.

Luna shrugged.

 

Another vehicle arrived. Someone stepped out and walked over to where Jia was standing.  With the light beam shining on the two of them – there was no mistake, the man definitely looked familiar.

“Is that who I think it is?” Krystal whispers.

“Luhan,” Luna nodded.

“Luhan and Jia – the two just don’t make sense,” Krystal baffled.

“Because it doesn’t,” a voice agreed from behind the bushes.

The two girls gasped and before they could fight off whoever was there – all they could see was darkness.  Lights out!

 

Morning came and as the girls slowly came to their sense, observing their surrounding – the two were obviously tied up.  Krystal began to panic and Luna became more alert.  First, where were they located?  Second, who knocked them out?  Third, why?

“Unnie….what is this?” Krystal freaked.

“I don’t know. It was too dark for me to see anything either,” Luna trying to stretch her exhausted limbs.

“I don’t think we were hit….” Krystal didn’t feel pain anywhere.

“No, someone use chloroform on us,” Luna agreed.

“Who?” Krystal asked.

“Someone who knew we would be there that night…..but who?” Luna guessed.

“But why us?” Krystal asked again.

 

“Good morning,” a voice greeted the two as the door opens.

In walked both Kai and Kris – looking fresh and cleaned.  Meanwhile the two of them look messy and dirty.

“What the…” Krystal shouted.

“So we meet again,” Kai smiled.

“You two knocked us out?” Krystal started fuming.

“We did it gently,” Kai continues to smile.

“Oh wait till I get my hands on you buster,” Krystal threatened him.

While Krystal was verbally assaulting Kai, Luna sat their staring at Kris grimly.  Too many thoughts were running through her and none of them made sense.  Kris and Jia. Jia and Luhan.  Kai and Kris.  What is the connection?

“If you’re wondering why Luhan and Jia were seen together, it was planned and has been an ongoing exchange between the two,” Kris answered as if he read her mind.

Luna frowned.

“Meaning, what you saw was a set up.  You two walked in on a set up.  A set up that was designed to lure to two of you to us,” Kris continues to explain.

“So Luhan isn’t a traitor?” Luna asked.

Kris shook his head.

“No.  But we’re trying to pin Jia down,” Kai stated.

“Jia!” Both Luna and Krystal shouted in unison.

“She was behind the million loss of my company,” Kai stated.

“So you knew…?” Krystal stuttered.

“We always knew who the perpetrator was,” Kai nodded.

“But we don’t know who the insiders are,” Kris sighs.

“So um…why are we tied up here?” Krystal asked.

“Because we want to know the names of the insiders,” Kai stated.

“How would we know?” Krystal became baffled.

“So Luna, start talking……….now,” Kris suddenly became sterner.

“Luna…what would she know about your insiders…” she mumbles and froze on the spot when she sees Luna’s pale expression.

“Unnie…what are they talking about?” She then asks.

“Krystal knows nothing of this,” Luna confirms.

“Not at this moment since you’re still alive,” Kris agreed.