The Confrontation

A Double Take

Upon returning back to Seoul, Kris was exhausted but knew he had to make it right with Luna.  He had to somehow make her forgive him for his idiotic behavior.  Driving to the café that evening to see if she was there since she was not answering his calls.  Kai wanted to have a word with Krystal so he was in pursuit and right behind him when he arrived at the little café that seemed to always be quiet.  The five of them were seated and working from their laptops and in grossed not even realizing the two entered .

But as soon as the rest of the crew entered, the girls looked up from all the noise. 

“What are you guys doing here?” Kris asked the rest.

“We wanted to make sure you were alright – you seemed upset,” Suho answered wearily.

Back at the table, the rest turned their attention back to work with an exception to Victoria, who stood up and head their way.  And she did not look happy either.

“Can I help you guys?” She asked bitterly.

“I need to talk to Luna, please,” he told her.

“And she doesn’t have anything to say to you – so no,” she bluntly told him off.

“But I have something to tell her,” he said gently.

“What?  That you’re sorry.  You know you only have to apologize once.  If you do it more than once – you must really feel something for her.  But we know that’s a lie,” she retorted.

“But he means it,” Luhan chimed in.

Victoria looked at Luhan and gave him one hard stare then shifted her attention back to Kris.

“Scary,” Chanyeol shivered.

“I can be if want to.  But I will say it again, leave her alone if you want nothing to do with her – let Busan be the end of your meetings,” Victoria suggested.

“Then can I talk to Krystal?” Kai stepped up.

“Krys, do you want to talk to your boss?” Victoria shouted over her shoulder.

Krystal wager for a moment but knew she should get it over with.  Standing up, she headed toward them.  Now standing in front of Kai.

“This way,” he directed her to go.

“No.  You have something to say, it can be done in front of me – otherwise, you can consider this conversation over,” she stated hitting the mark of irritation.

“Do you know who I am?” He asked.

“Do you care who I am?” She asked in return.

“Why would I care?” He asked.

“Likewise,” she agreed.

Kris released a gentle cough to release the two from the tight tension.

“I don’t mind talking to Luna in front of you however I do believe Kai have some work related matter to discuss with Krystal and those items are probably confidential,” Kris politely inserted.

“Nice try but you are not going near her.  Over my dead body!  As for Krystal, anything work related can be taken care of during office hours – don’t you think?” She challenged them.

The twelve of them were stung into silence.

“If you have no further reason to be here, I suggest you all leave,” she added.

Without further ado the boys left one by one. 

 

“Dang Vic, you were a piece of work – while you were playing the warrior, we were literally shaking in our seats over here,” Amber grumbled.

“That’s the point.  Show them what you got while you have the courage otherwise they will just walk all over us.  And who cares if they are multimillionaire kids – we worked hard to be where we are so why on earth should we bend our backs to pleased them,” Victoria bluntly stated.

Sulli and Amber agreed while Luna and Krystal were still a bit in shock from the confrontation.

“If he is a man of his word – he will not bother you again.  But my intuition tells me that he won’t be leaving you alone anytime soon so you may have to go back as Luna Lim here and there to make sure he sees it correctly,” Victoria reminded her.

“As for Krystal, Kai has a temper you’ll need to be cautious of,” Amber warned.

“Oh I already know.  I do my best to avoid that wrath but one of these days, I’ll be caught in the middle,” Krystal shudders.

An hour later, the girls packed up and each got into their respective car to head home for the evening.  As soon as Luna pulled up in front of her condo complex, she immediately knew Kris was waiting for her.  She had two options, pull into the secure garage parking and avoid him altogether or face him.  Thinking thoroughly, option one would make her a coward and guilty therefore she opt for the second one – face him if necessary.  Grabbing her bags, she headed up the stairs but was only stopped when he stepped out of the bushes to face her.

“I didn’t know how long I should wait but I’m glad you came home when you did,” he said.

She remained silent.

“I know I made a big mess but I just wanted to apologize for my behavior,” he started to say.

Luna continues to stay mute and unaffected.

“But I don’t understand why you are tremendously upset when you wanted this in the first place.  It seemed like I’m to blame for what happened but really you wanted this to happen too – so why am I taking it all?” He asked.

Luna finally looks at him.

“If you feel like you didn’t do anything wrong – why are you apologizing?” She asks.

“Well you were cover in tears and I really don’t like it when someone cries – especially if I’m the one who caused it,” he answers.

“Put yourself in my shoes.  Making a declaration that I wasn’t any of the above nor was a deemed marriageable to someone like you – how would you feel?”  She asked.

“And to have a crowd witness that from someone who envies privacy among all others.  Not that I already don’t look compatible but to be told I’m not even worth it – what did you expect me be like?  Happy?” She continues to say.

“I get it.  Really I do.  But if you don’t mind, I rather not see you again,” she finally gave it to him point blank.

Kris gave her a deep stare trying to understand her if she was really okay or putting on a face.

“Are you sure you are really okay?” He asked in concern.

“If I wasn’t would I be standing here talking to you?” She asked in return.

“Then why were you avoiding me earlier at the café?” He asked.

“You think I want to deal with you in public again after the last episode – no thank you,” she replies bitterly.

“I am deeply sorry and I hope you won’t be too mad for long at me.  I need to find Luna Lim and settle this between her too,” he told her.

“What happened?” She asked in concern.

“She took off as soon as she witness the scene and I don’t blame her either but I feel that she needs to listen to me too – or at least my side too,” he replies gently.

“Do you think it would be worth it?” She asked.

“It never hurts to try.  I didn’t mean to lie to her.  Even I hate being lied to but for me to do it myself and not be truthful from the beginning – I have no one to blame but myself and it’s a consequence I’m willing to take,” he answers with much thought.

“If you find out someone is lying to you, you wouldn’t become too crazy would you?” She asked out of curiosity.

“It depends on the situation however I prefer the person guilty to come out first to say it before I find out, otherwise I would be very much angry and who knows what I can do,” he elaborates.

“You don’t become violent do you?” She asked while taking a step back.

He only chuckle.  But shook his head.

She then releases a sigh.

“Look. I’m fine here. You have nothing to worry about however you might want to work it between you and your parents.  I’ve already spoken with mine and they backed off,” Luna suggested.

“Did they take it well?” He asked.

“I’m not grounded, am I?” She smirked.

“Very well.  I will do my best and hopefully in the future we won’t have to meet under the same circumstances again,” he nodded.

She only nodded.

“Have a good evening and lock the door behind you Luna,” he told her before heading toward his car.

Luna took a deep breath and continues toward her door realizing her lie may cost her a lot of pain in the future if he ever finds out.  Now what to do about Luna Lim – her other identity.

 

The next morning, her phone rang earlier than normal.   Trying to wake herself up, she answered the phone groggily, “Hello.”

“Miss Luna Park?” The caller asks.

“Speaking,” she mumbled.

“This is Mrs. Wu’s secretary, she would like to meet you for lunch,” the caller stated.

“Today?” She asked in confusion

“Yes, if possible,” the caller stated again.

“What time?” She asked like she had no choice anyways.

“Noon at the Ventura Café across from you know where,” the caller stated again.

“I’ll be there,” she grumbled.

 

Now what!  Why does Mrs. Wu want to have lunch with her?  Isn’t the wedding off?  Or did they find out something that she’s been trying to keep hidden. 

Getting up she showered and dress up a bit to meet her since Mrs. Wu is known for her sensible fashion, she had to at least look decent.  And also added a touch of make up before leaving her place.

 

Ventura Café.

Even though she was fifteen minutes early, Mrs. Wu was already sitting at her table.  She bowed politely before taking the seat across from her.

“Good afternoon Mrs.Wu, how are you today?” She asked.

“I had better days my dear and as you know, right now I’m not too comfortable knowing that my son is planning to fight us all the way with this marriage ordeal – again,” she sniffed while taking a sip of her tea.

“Mrs. Wu, with all respect – Kris and I are not suited for each other.  As you witness, he is in love with someone else and to push me onto him, not only it will make him uncomfortable but for myself too,” she explain cautiously.

“Is he right?  Did you not want to marry him either?” She asked to the point.

“It’s not that I didn’t want to marry him. Don’t get me wrong, he is very handsome but just not the one for me at this time,” she replies slowly.

“So if you two were to fall in love, you would agree to marry him?” She clarifies.

“Fate has a funny way of showing us how life should be but if he is my mate, then he is my mate but right now – it’s just not the right time,” she iterates again.

“Alright.  I can tell you are against it too my dear. So I won’t bother you anymore about this matter.  Our meal should be here soon and Kris should be on his way over too,” she sighs.

“Wait. Kris is joining us?” She repeated.

“Yes, he mention the two of you decided to be friends so that’s why I planned this luncheon and plus I need to discuss something with the two of you anyways,” she smile warmly.

 

Aish.  She should have known better to walk into a trap again.  Good grief.  Shortly after Kris walked in and was stumped to see her sitting there as well.  She only shrugged at him – not my idea.

“Eat and we’ll talk,” as soon as the food arrived.

Halfway into their meal, Mrs. Wu noticed Kris kept on stealing glances at Luna, who on the other pay no attention to her son.  So maybe he does like her a little bit.  Smiling to herself, her plan should work just fine as long as no one comes in between the two of them.

“As you are already aware my son, the boathouse in Jeju is being remodeled,” her mother started to say.

Kris looked up not knowing where this was going.

“And Luna is going to help with the garden within the premises per her parents agreement,” Mrs. Wu continues to say.

Luna looked up thinking – I am. 

“What are you getting at here mom?” He asked bluntly.

“I want you to go supervise the boathouse renovation and help Luna with the garden,” she suggested.

“And you think I have time for this right now?” He asked in alarm.

“Your father said it was a slow time and plus you need a break.  What a better way to spend it, if not with your friend Luna,” she answers smoothly.

“I have friends…….” He started to say.  “But don’t you think it’s a bit inappropriate to send me down with her alone?” He rephrased his thoughts.

Mrs. Wu thought about it.  Then she smiled.

“Well if you are too busy then I will ask Luhan to step in for you since he would enjoy a break too,” she suggested.

Kris sighed.

“When do we leave?” He asked.

“This weekend.  And I expect the renovation to last about a week or so,” she softly clapped for winning over her son.

Luna could only smile to herself.  Just watching his mother bully him to do something he did not want to was hilarious to watch on the sideline.  But she changed her expression as soon as he looked at her.  She became all serious again.