The Signature

A Double Take

“Let’s go!” Kris ordered.

Luna refused to move along with Krystal who held onto the seat.  There was no way they were signing any marriage license.  It’s against their code as agents.

“Are we going to do this the hard way?” Kai asked.

The two continue to stay put.

“Very well.” They nodded and literally pulled the two out of the vehicle shouting for help.  But no one was around to help them which left them no choice but to take them down with everything they had.  Luna twisted underneath his arm and bending it toward his back to knock him down but Kris caught on fast.  He managed to untangle himself and lifted her up into his arms carrying her into the courthouse.

Meanwhile, Krystal attempted to kick and loosen Kai’s hold onto her but no avail, he continue to drag her along following Kris while the rest just chuckled at the sight.  No one would be running a mile if they were offer a chance to marry one of them – but these two were willing to use some violence to get away.

“You can’t do this,” Luna pleaded.

“Why not?” He asked yet still moving along toward his destination.

“Because when I marry, I want a romantic proposal first,” she answers hoping to stall some time better yet talk some sense into him.  

Kris paused for a moment.  Is it working she thought to herself but then he started moving again after a millisecond.  She continues to move around hoping he’ll put her down – no luck.  The two couple had arrived in front of the department [Marriage License] and whomever was sitting behind the reception desk was waiting for their arrival.

“We had an appointment,” Kris announced.

“Of course Mr. Wu, this way please,” she pointed them toward the end of the hallway.

They nodded and trailed along the hall with two sacks of potatoes still struggling to free themselves.  Luna glances back and sees Krystal doing her best against Kai and unfortunately, she was not getting anywhere.  What are they to do?

“Welcome boys,” an older gentleman stood up as the two couple walked into his office.

“Is it all ready to go?” Kai asked.

“Yes.  All I need is your signatures,” he smiled.

Both Luna and Krystal frowned.  As soon as their feet touched the ground, the two turned to exit but were immediately blocked by the rest who were apparently prepared to stop them from getting away.

Luna turned around to face the older man, “I think there is a mistake – we’re here by force,” she stated.  Krystal nodded.

He only chuckled.  Yet he was sincere.  “They did warn me that you two would say that,” he added.

He laid the papers out on his desk and gestured them to take a seat.  Both Kai and Kris sat down pulling their fiancé-to-be onto their laps.  Luna gave Kris a cold stare but he only smile.

“Will the two grooms sign first,” he instructed.

As soon as they signed the paper, it was time for the two girls to sign however they kept their fists locked.  “Now it’s the brides turn to sign,” he nodded.

“I’m not signing,” Luna grunted.

“They don’t know how to sign. That’s no problem, we can use their fingerprints to make it legal too,” he offered.

Both Kris and Kai nodded while Luna and Krystal were stumped.  The older man placed the ink stamp in front of them.  Krystal shook her head.  Luna was trying to move away from the desk.  Kris grabbed her right hand and pried the thumb out placing it on the ink pad and then stamping the paper.  Kai did the same to Krystal.

“Who will be the witness?” He asked the ones behind them.

“I’ll be Kris and Luna’s witness,” Luhan stepped up.

“And I’ll be Kai and Krystal’s witness,” Suho stepped up as well.

The two signed the paper as witness and the older man pronounced them husband and wife.  Everyone clapped while Luna and Krystal were fuming mad.  How on earth were they going to explain this to Vic?  Better yet, their superior who might fire them for not following protocols.  Where was the back up when they need it the most?

 

Within a millisecond of wishing for help, Onew and Taemin arrived on the spot and out of breath.  Staring at both Luna and Krystal, they knew it was too late.  The damage was already done.

“What is going on here?” Onew shouted.

“I married Luna today,” Kris announced.

Onew was flabbergasted – not believing it until the older man showed the marriage license.  It was already done!  Taemin was in awed not believing his eyes either.

“But they can’t be……..” Taemin started to say.

“You must be the judge who married the two couple – right?” Onew asked.

He nodded.

“You know they were forced and dragged here – right?” He asked again.

He nodded again.

“Then why did you marry the two couples when they were not willing to sign the paper?” He asked.

“I’ve known these boys for a very long time and when something is ordered, I only follow,” he replies curtly.

“These two girls are not allowed to get married at this time, you must annul the license,” Onew stated.

“And you are?” The judge asked.

“Who I am is not important.  But under the federal law C-002 that these two young ladies are signed under, it is not allowed and it could mean their life is on the line,” he answers vaguely yet remaining firm on his stance.

“C-002,” he repeated trying to remember what that code meant.  Sitting back down, he typed the code into his database and became alarmed at what he was seeing.  He looked at his boys that he’s known for years and the two girls, who were still fuming mad.  No wonder they refused to sign at all cost.

“Do we make ourselves clear now?” Onew asked again.

The older man slowly nodded.

“Kris and Kai, I cannot process this request per the federal law he just cited.  It would be too dangerous and definitely against the federal and government protocols,” he explains.

“What do you mean?” Kris asked not understanding what he meant.

“We’ll leave you to explain them the details but the four of us needs to be somewhere else, so please excuse us,” Onew announced while pulling both Luna and Krystal away from them.

“Get your hands off my wife,” Kai hissed.

“She is not your wife, legally,” Taemin tossed back at him.

“Let’s go,” Onew pulled Luna along as they left the rest of them dumbfounded.

 

“What just happened?” Suho asked in confusion.

“So we’re not legally married?” Kai asked.

“It’s legal per our law but not theirs,” he restated.

“So what do you mean you cannot file it?” Kris asked.

“It cannot be file until their contract with the government is completed but the marriage paper is as legal as any married couple, just not filed,” he clarifies.

“What is C-002?” Luhan asked.

“It’s a federal contract between the government and its personnel,” he started to say.

“What kind of personnel?” Luhan interrupted.

“Those who work under that contract are usually agents, officers, investigators, etc,” he explains.

“Well we know they’re agents for sure,” Kris nodded.

“Then why on earth would you throw them into this mess?” He turned the tables.

“I didn’t think it would be a problem,” Kris shrugs.

“As active agents for the South Korea Central Intelligence Agency, they are to remain solo for oversea assignments and it’s safer that way without having your spouse keeping tabs on you, etc,” he informs them not realizing he just gave away their true identity.

“CIA!” They all gasped.

“Yes.  Wait, don’t tell me you didn’t know that…….” The older man was shock.

“Now we do.  What the heck!” Kai accidently cursed.

“So now what?” Suho asked bringing them back to reality.

“I’ll hold onto these until their contracts are expired and if you still want me to file them, then I will,” he suggested.

“When will the contracts expire?” Kris asked.

“One month from today,” he smiled.

“File it then,” Kris instructed.  Kai nodded too.

“Will that void them from re-signing their CIA contract?” Suho asked.

The old man nodded.

 

“But may I say something before you do that?” Lay asked the two who wants to tie the knot.

“What is it?” Kris asks.

“If you two want to be happily married, I wouldn’t do it behind their back.  Maybe talk them into not re-signing first.  You’ll only make it harder for the two of you and then you’ll end up divorcing later on,” Lay started to explain his thoughts.

“And if they continue to refuse, go to plan B,” Luhan nodded.

“And plan B will put you back on the same spot as plan A,” Lay reminded him.

"Lay!" The two of them literally huffed.

"Just saying......" He whistles.