The Escape

A Double Take

“A gentleman would let me pass,” Krystal muttered.

“A gentleman already allowed you a first pass,” Kai added.

“I was only looking for something,” she started to say.

“In here?” He asked.

“Well it’s the only room opened,” Krystal shrugged.

“What exactly are you looking for?  Maybe I can help?” He smirked.

“No thank you.  I’ll leave you to get dressed,” she shook her head and tried to make a run for it while his attention was concentrated somewhere else.

 

But she did not make it out the door.  Kai saw her calculating her next move before she could even make it out the door.  Krystal!  His gem who has no idea that her future was already decided for her. It’s only a matter time before she realizes it.  Grabbing her, he tossed her gently as he could onto the bed and tossing himself on top of her to keep her in place – knowing her, she’s going to be screaming and kicking as soon as she could.  He was not going to allow that at all.

“Get off me, you big brute!” She shouted.

“Maybe if you tell me what you were searching for?” He suggested.

“Over my dead body,” she grunted.  Again she was unable to buck him off.

“I like you very alive my dear gem,” he smiled.

“Get off of me!” She shouted again.

“You know, someone’s going to have to teach you a lesson since you obviously didn’t pick up the good behavior from school,” he chuckled.

“Probably because I didn’t go to school,” she shouted.

Kai looked confused for a moment.

“You didn’t go to school?” He repeated.

“No.  I was home schooled until mid-high school,” she grunted again.

“Really?” He was amazed.  Apparently that was supposed to be a hidden secret of hers that she just so happen to reveal by accident.  And she just realized it when she froze on the spot.

“It was my parent’s idea of protecting me from the bad area that we living in.  Not everyone grew up rich,” she quickly rectifies her statement.

“Are you saying……you were born in poverty?” He asked for clarification.

“Yes.  Partially,” she stuttered.

“Krystal, you know when you’re trying lie your eyes become very big,” Kai was unconcerned about her background and just wants to know the truth.

“You don’t have to believe me if you don’t want to,” she muttered.

“Let me tell you one thing Krystal, if you don’t think I don’t know that much about – you’re wrong.  I know as much as I need to and let me tell you, whatever you do for Victoria – I’ll find out soon enough,” he stated earnestly yet with a warning.

“Leave my friends out of this,” she wanted to slap him.

“Only if you tell me what you’re up to,” he suggested.

“Like I said, over my dead body!” She shouted again.

“That can be arranged my dear gem but only after I had my fill of you,” he smiled before pushing himself off the bed.

 

She quickly scrambled onto the other side of the bed opposite of where he was standing to put as much distant between the two of them.  He pulled out some comfortable clothes from the closet and headed back into the bathroom.  She could hear him chuckling even with the door closed.  Without further ado, she left the room in a flash heading back to the living room.  Huffing and puffing, what on earth was she thinking about snooping around while he was still wide awake?  She needs to do it while he is out cold and the best way was to start with the ingredients she always used to put her clients to sleep while she works.

Smiling to herself, she made her way to the kitchen feeling good – payback is a pain.

 

Seoul.

“So what brings you here Amber?” Suho asked while Luhan observed.

“Actually, I’m looking for Krystal.  We haven’t heard from her and it’s not normal,” Amber replied coolly.

“I’m shock you even asked to meet me but I’m sorry I don’t know how great the reception is where Kai took Krystal.  All I know it was some sort of foreign investment,” he smoothly played it off.

“I see.  Can I have his number?” Amber asked.

“Oh.  I’m heartbroken. Why would you ask for his number instead of mine?” Suho charmingly joked.

 

Amber wanted to gag.  Vic was not going to hear the last of this but since she normally play by her own rules – what can Vic say about her decision on how she goes about handling these bundles of joy.

“Look Prince Charming, I only look at beautiful girls who only take interests in my ability to pleasure them.  Getting attention of males species like you are not even on my radar – so are you going to give me that punks number or not?” Amber stated.

“You like girls….. Suho stuttered.  Luhan was also caught off guard – looked alarm.

“Yeah.  What’s wrong with that?” Amber shrugged.

“Is Vic…?” Luhan started to ask but regrets it now.

“Why do you think she is still single?” Amber asked.

“And the other girl…..Sulli or something like that?” Suho asked.

“She can go either way,” Amber casually shrugged it off.

 

Both Luhan and Suho became speechless.

“That’s why I need to get a hold of Krystal. Her partner came back from Europe and is looking for her,” Amber casually stated.

“Her partner?” Suho choked.

“Yes.  Her partner,” Amber repeated.

Suho looked at Luhan, who then pulled out his phone to make a call.

“Bro, um when you get this message, call us ASAP.” He stated before hanging up.

 

Before Suho could say anything, Amber’s phone rang.

“Excuse me for a second,” she smiled and answer her phone, “Hello darling.”

“Oh god. You’re playing the lesbo-Am, aren’t you?” Vic grumbled.

“Yes babe,” she laughed gently.

“Location of Krystal – green.  Leave while you still can,” Vic stated before hanging up.

“Ah babe…I’m sor… hello…hello,” Amber started to say.

“Sorry, I need to call her back.  She’s pissed,” Amber gently explained while she left the two of them alone at the table.

Suho and Luhan both nodded trying to understand the situation.

 

As soon as she was out of earshot, she took off running to her car and did a 360 before leaving the café.  The two were probably still stumped therefore it will allow her enough time to make a run.

“So Amber is um…” Luhan started to say.

“Bummer,” Suho looked disappointed.

Luhan’s phone ring.

“Hello,” he answers without looking at the caller i.d.

“You called?” Kai asked.

“Oh bro.  Hey did you know Amber like girls?” Luhan asked.

“No.  And why would I care?” Kai asked.

“Because Krystal has a partner,” Luhan shuddered.

“What are you talking about?” Kai asked.

“Meaning she is not interested in guys,” Suho almost shouted.

“What!  And where did that idea come from?” Kai asked.

“Amber,” Luhan stated.

“I don’t believe it,” he shook his head.

“How do you know?” Luhan asked.

“I’m about to find out,” he huffed and puffed.

“Now bro – don’t do anything you’ll regret…” Luhan started to say.  But the phone went silent.

Suho laughed.  “Oh my goodness, this is just getting weird.  I hope Luna is normal.”

 

Jeju.

Luna sat in the library while Kris returned to his office to finish up some of his work, she had a moment of silent to herself.  What was his motive and what did he want from her?  Why was he keeping her away from all of her friends?  Or wait – were they in any danger?  If only she could find a phone to call for backup.

It’s been over an hour and she was fed up with doing nothing.  Heading back up, she wanted answers.  Something was not right and she could not pin down the reason herself.  In front of the office door, that was left ajar she heard him talking to someone.

“Look.  I’m stalling her with all my ability here.  You guys need to get to the bottom of this before it gets out of hand,” he stated firmly while running a hand through his lazy hair.

Someone must have something on the other line that he didn’t agree with.

“I don’t believe that for one second! “ He almost shouted.

He then shook his head.

“Love?  This is not love,” he stated.

Then he laughed.

“You are a fool!” He laughed again.

“If she was, I’d be running a mile,” he laughed again.

He nodded to whomever he was speaking to.

“Yeah.  Yeah.  Just hurry up and do your part so I can go back home,” he smiled.

 

Quietly turning away from the door, she headed back to the living room and calm her nerves down.  Was he talking about her?  Who was he talking about?  It almost sounded like he was them a favor and looking after while they go after someone.  Was she a decoy of some sort to him?  Play thing?  So many things ran through her mind all at once.

Taking a deep breath, she has to put herself back on track.  She needs to find her way out even if she needs to walk her way to freedom.   Studying the code on the wall, she just needs to hack it without notifying him. She can do this – she’s been in worse situations before.

Making her way up to the bedroom, she put on layers of clothing and took the spare change left on the dresser before heading back down the stairs.  Going into the kitchen, she took a handful of flour and blew it lightly over the keypad indicating the numbers she would need to use to leave the house.  Looking at the fingers prints and pressure, it was a backward code – 9551 -.  Putting on her shoes, she silently hit the keypad and the doors were unlocked.  Good job Luna.  And farewell Kris.

Daejoon.

“Are you sure she is here?” Sulli asked looking more concern since they were out of the city light view.

“Yes.  When Luhan made that call, the trace sent the signal to this location and from research, his grandparents are from around this area,” Vic explains.

“I hope we’re not too late,” Amber shuddered.

“I can’t believe you pull that on them,” Vic wanted to hit her.

“What!  I was desperate,” Amber defended herself.

“Yeah but when they find out the truth, you’re dead meat too,” Sulli chimed in.

 

It was pitch black dark and the signal was now only blinking in one spot.

“We’re here but where is here?” Amber asked looking around.

“It’s a jungle,” Sulli whined.

“I think it’s an image they want to portray but I have a feeling there is something deeper hidden behind all those trees,” Vic stated while gazing into the middle of dark space.

“You aren’t suggesting that we go exploring – are you?” Amber asked.

“How else do you expect us to find her?” Vic asked in returned.

Sulli gulped.

“Now is not the time to be scary cats,” Vic stated firmly.

“But I didn’t sign up for this.  Why is it that only Luna and Krystal are always the damsel in distress?” Sulli argued.

“Because we throw them into the line of fire.  There tough and can get pass everyone easily unlike us,” Vic replies.

“Let’s go,” Vic turned off the engine.

“Prepare for the unexpected,” Amber grumbles.

 

“You made dinner?” Kai was astounded.

“Yes.  I hope you don’t mind.  I was starving,” Krystal shrugged.

“Not at all.  I didn’t take you for a chef,” Kai rephrased his question.

“You don’t have to eat it, if you don’t want to,” Krystal shrugged again.

“As long as you didn’t put anything poisonous in there,” Kai joked, while Krystal gave him the hurtful glare.

“I’m kidding,” he backed off.

After setting the table, she poured her famous juice and sat down to share her last meal with him.  And after she escapes him, she needs to make sure she stays out of sight because he’s going to be steaming mad when he wakes up and realized his joke was not a joke.

“Looks good,” he smiled.

“Eat up,” she smiled back and dug in.

She was becoming more anxious as she sees him drinking his juice to the last drop.  In about 10-minutes he was about to be very sleepy.  As soon as she finished, she cleared off her plate and started to do the dishes.  Ten minutes already passed and he was still alert – dang, she should have put more of the herbal mixture in the juice.

“I’ll clean up,” she offered.

“Okay. I’m going to watch some news in the sitting room,” he smiled.

She only nodded.

By the time she finished putting away the dishes, she went in search for him finding him knocked out on the couch.  She tested his arms and they dropped dead.  He was knocked out good.

“Goodbye!”  She smiled.

Putting on her shoes, she disengaged the door and hit the alarm twice before unlocking the door correctly.  She needs to take lesson from Luna on how to do this – properly.  Making her way across the field, she sees movements – animals? God, she hopes not.

A blue laser flashed up and down.  She had no signal to send back to Vic except to shout, “It’s me!”

All three different light lasers spun in circle – her friends came for her.  Thank goodness.  Because she had no idea how she was suppose to get back into the city with no car, money, or light.  Making her way to them, she was jumping for joy.

“Thank you so much,” she wanted to shout.

“Let’s move out before his back up arrives,” Vic stated.

“Back up?” Krystal repeated.

“If I’m not mistaken, his friends are on his way here after Amber pulled her latest tactics on them,” Vic explained.

“You pretend to be a lesbo?” Krystal guessed on the dot.

“Let’s go.  By the way, do you know where Luna is?” Vic asked.

“She is still in Jeju but somewhere in the mountains to my understanding,” Krystal murmured.

“We need to find her too,” Amber shivered due to the cold air.

“Tonight?” Krystal asked.

“Yeah.  We need to move fast,” Sulli announced because the signals of his backups were nearing.

The four of them rushed to the car parked outside the hidden trees.  Vic pulled out and went the opposite where the signals were coming in stronger from.

“You didn’t kill Kai – did you?” Amber asked.

Krystal shook her head.

“Then how did you escape?” Sulli asked.

“I made him my special drink,” she smiled.

“Oh boy.  If you ever get caught by him, you’re one done for,” Amber shook her head.

“Alright.  Let’s focus, we need to find Luna and soon,” Vic brought their attention back to the present time.

“Mountains. Okay, let me Google it,” Sulli nodded and began to do her detective work.

“Let’s hope for the best,” Vic stated firmly.