The Trials

A Double Take

With that last warning, Krystal froze on the spot.  She heard rumors on how ruthless he could be if angered.  Now she is stuck with him alone in the middle of nowhere, she probably has to play her cards right in order to beat him at his own game.

“You can keep thinking like that all you want Krystal but one thing for sure, I won’t be ousted twice,” he answered her sternly before taking her breath away by kissing her.

It took her about a millisecond to realize that he was kissing her.  Using all her strength, she attempted to push him off but he was too strong for her.  No matter what angle she used, it was no good.  She could feel his tongue pushing for an entry but she was not going to let him have his way – no way.  Tightening her teeth together, she held herself firmly against him.

Kai could feel the tremors yet he could see that she was fighting against him and he was not having any of that.  Releasing the hold on one of her arms, placing both wrists into one grip, he reached beneath him and grabbed one side of her causing her gasp allowing him to push his way into the depth of her scent.

Krystal was at lost for words.  The only thing she could do was use her own tongue to push his out but at the same time he was pushing against her.  She tried to say something was it only came out as a mumble since she was left with no air space.  Finally after he had his fill, he released her.

“Keep this in mind, one – when I want something, I’ll get it and two – I don’t like getting dirty, so if you’re responsible for getting me dirty, you have to clean me up too,” he warned her.

Krystal’s eyes flew up in shock.

“But you’re lucky I’m an understanding person so I’ll let you get away this time however now that I know I cannot trust you alone, looks like you’ll be sharing a room with me until I get what I want,” he chuckled before releasing her.

“What…” she stuttered.

“Oh by the way, you might not want to leave the house like that again – who knows what type of creatures you might find yourself against here,” he reminded her before heading into the house.

As soon as she heard a howl, she quickly scattered into the house after him.

“Explore all you want but try to leave again – you’ll be sorry,” he warned her while resetting the alarm and disappearing up the stairwell shortly.

“Just great!” She muttered.

 

Jeju.

Squandering around the house for hours, she was dead bored.  Heading into the kitchen, she found some baking materials and was craving cookies since she has nothing else to do.

Kris didn’t realize how long he was in his office until he saw the clock, it was almost 3:00pm and sometimes he just works away not knowing when to take a break for himself.  But it wasn’t the clock that triggered his attention, it was the smell.  It was sweet.  Putting down his pen, he left the office and followed the scent that led him into the kitchen – where he sees Luna covered in powder, cookie dough, and white puff.

“Having fun?” He smiled from the doorway.

“Bored. So I found something to keep me busy,” she smirked.

“Well you could have helped me with some of my work but since it is all confidential, I guess you’ll have to find something else to do for yourself,” he shrugged.

 

“I can’t believe you’re keeping here,” she grumbled.

“It’s for the best. How are the cookies coming along?” He asked.

And right on the queue, the timer went off and she put on the gloves to pull out the first batch.  She smiled upon seeing her artistic work of a perfect batch of sugar cookies.

“Want to try one?” She offered.

Walking over to where she standing, he bent down to take a bit and let the smooth flavor filled his taste buds.  “Delicious,” he smiled.

“Really?” She doubted her abilities.

She then took a bite and was pleased at how well the batch looked along with the actual taste.  She actually baked.  She clapped gleefully at her success.

Being at least a foot taller than her, he was able to see her more relaxed and herself when not pressed.  She was young at heart but grew up too fast with the expectation placed upon her at a young age.  Although the expectations are still there, was he willing to push forward or buy her time – that was tough choice to make considering the fact that he took her innocence with no protection – a baby was possible.  But did the thought of having a baby with her scare him? – Not at all.  He was more worried about losing her if she found out that once he knew she was the same Luna he’s been searching for – he made a promise to himself that he would do whatever he needed to do to keep her with him – forever.

“Are you hungry?” She asked bringing him back to reality.

“Are you offering to cook?” He asked.

“Umm well I can try to make something feasible,” she shrugged.

He only smiled.  At least she wasn’t afraid of trying something new.

“How about if we grilled fresh seafood out in the back?” He suggested.

Her eyes were wide open and in awed of the suggestion.  “We have fresh seafood……..where?” She asked happily.

“In the fridge, the caretaker should have gotten a little of each like: oyster, clams, shrimps, and crabs – I think,” he answered while she rummages through the fridge.

As soon as she found the bag, she was jumping for joy.  “I take it you like seafood?” He asked.

“Like?  I love it,” she smiled brightly.

“Alright if you’ll rinse the seafood, I’ll get the grill in the back ready – sounds good?” He suggested.

She nodded happily.

“Do we still have rice in the cooker?” He asked.

She nodded again.

“Alright bring them out when you’re done,” he smiled at her.  Little things can make one person very happy.  And he ‘s glad that it was something he could see unfold.  He can make her happy, only if she lets him. He will just have to make sure that she has no choice but to let him.

Twenty-minutes later, she found him out back still warming up the grill.

“These are ready to go, I’ll go get the rice and side dishes,” she told him before quickly heading back into the house.

If marrying Luna and living a peaceful solemn life like this – he should have married her when he had the chance but now he has to work around the mess he made and fix it so he can marry her properly he vowed to himself.

Thirty minutes later, the two were situated on the bench looking out into the open air space, Luna kind of feel at ease being here.  It was quiet.  No one to tell her what she needed to do or who she needed to be – it was perfect but not her real life.  Eating up most of  the shrimps that he peeled for, she was literally full.

“Good?” He asked.

“It was heavenly,” she sighed.

“I’ve never heard of anyone describing seafood as heavenly before,” he chuckled.

“There has to be something you always want to eat 24/7?” She asked.

“Bulgogi,” he sighs.

“And why can’t you eat that all the time?” She asked since he was rich and probably could afford to eat it every day.

“Way too good and bad at the same time.  It’s good to have it once in a while but not all the time,” his mouth watered at just the thought of bulgogi.

“Well if you clean the grill, I’ll do the dishes,” she offered.

He nodded since he knew cleaning the grill was much easier doing the dishes and putting everything away.  As soon as she disappeared into the house, he removed the tray and stuck it back into the tub hidden on the deck with solution to clean out the burnt residue until its next use.  Done.

Quietly he entered the sitting room and pulled the house phone from a hidden compartment and made a call to Kai.

“How is it going bro?” He answered.

“So you are in Daejeon?” He chuckled.

“Yes.  I’m here with Krystal,” he answered.

“On her own free will or did you have to force her to come along?” He asked knowing Kai better than most.

“Well did Luna come along freely or did you have to use some technique to get her there?” He asked back.

“Good one.  I hope you’re treating her fair and square,” he hoped.

“The same as you would treat Luna,” he tossed back at him equally.

“Now unless you plan on marrying Krystal, keep your pants on,” he suggested.

“Just like you bro except that we both already know the answer to that.  Luna was meant to be your wife and Krystal was already signed on as my future wife,” he points out.

“Yeah but does she know about the silent contract yet?” He asked.

“No.  I’m keeping it for an emergency case,” he laughed.

“Alright, I was just checking in and as soon as the guys grab another one of them, see if they can get any information out of one of them,” Kris stated.

“From the looks of it, they’re sending Amber – so I don’t know how much they’ll be able to extract from her but hopefully Suho can pull the plugs on this one,” Kai chuckled.

“Amber..huh?  Interesting tactics,” Kris thought.

“I know.  Very unusual for Victoria to pull but then again we don’t know what she has up her sleeves, so we’ll just have to be weary of her until Luhan can get to her,” Kai stated.

“Alright. Sounds good.  Are you planning on bringing her here?” He asked.

“Only if she tried to escape again,” Kai sighs.

“Keep her close,” Kris suggested.

“Oh I will.  Close and warm,” he smiled.

 

The two chatted quickly and ended the call.  He then went in search for Luna since she should be done by now.  In the kitchen, she was drying the last dish and placing it in the designated spot before tossing the used towel in the bin for the caretaker.  Stretching her body, she looked outside and wondered when he would let her go back to reality.  It has to be soon.  He can’t be gone too long and nor can she, since she has a job to do as well.

“What’s running through that mind of yours?” He asked from the doorway.

“Home,” she whispers.

“I’ll take you home once you tell me what’s going on,” he advised.

Luna rolled her eyes and decided she needed a nap.  She had to walk passed him in order to make her way up to the room but she didn’t even make it that far since he pulled her back to face him.

“What’s wrong Luna?” He asked with so much warmth that it seemed like he almost cared about her.

“Nothing you wouldn’t understand,” she shook her head.

“Try me,” he told her softly.

“The corporations you and your friends are running – are you running them for the purpose of making more money or you do it because you have a motive?” She asked.

He frowned.

“Exactly my sentiment.  There is a reason for everything we do but not a reasonable explanation as to why we do them,” she started to say.

“So are you saying that with you having multiple identity – you are doing it for reason but have no explanation why you are doing it?” He clarified.

She nodded.

“Is it that bad that you can’t tell me?” He asked again.

She remained silent.

“Whatever is that you do – I’m sure I can find a reason to understand why you do it, if it’s reasonable,” he reasoned with her.

“And if you don’t?” She challenged.

He remained silent and uncertain on how to answer that one.

 

“So why the pretense Luna?  Why did you have to play dual roles?  Is it a game to you and whomever you’re working for?” He asked back to back.

“It’s a job,” she only answered.

“You don’t have to work ever again if you just stop being stubborn and marry me,” he reminded her.

“And I cannot marry you,” she fought against that offer over and over again.

“Cannot or won’t?” He challenged.

“Both!” She shouted.

“No need to yell Luna, I’m standing right in front of you,” he quenched.

“Let go of my arm,” she shivered.

“Why so you can duck me?” He smiled.

“I wouldn’t dare to hit a pretty face like yours,” she chided.

“Aww how kind of you except you forget one thing,” he reminded her.

She looked confused.

“I’m not just a pretty face Luna.  And whether you want this wedding to happen or not – it will,” he stated firmly.

“I so want to hit you right now,” she almost spitted.

“And I want to kiss you senseless,” he muttered before pulling her forward meeting him bulls eye.

 

As soon as his lips touched hers, she was lost.  Anything she wanted to say was muffled quiet.  Gently he lifted her up into his arms carrying her to the sitting room, he began to undressed her.  Once she was completely , he removed the rest of his clothing before joining her on the comfy couch.  He continues to explore her body and giving her the most pleasures in spot that she didn’t even know existed.

“Every time I touch you, I forget Luna,” he whispers.

“I wouldn’t know the difference since I don’t have anything to compare it to,” she moaned.

“And you won’t because I will be the only one for you,” he groaned at the sensation of rubbing his back up and down.

“You can’t predict the future and you can’t control the world Kris” she whispers gently.

“I can’t predict the future and nor can I control the world but I can at least say I can keep what I want and tossed what I don’t need,” he murmured.

“But..” she started to say.

“Too much talking.  I just want you to feel,” he whispers before taking her breath away again.

 

Daejeon.

She searched most of the house and found no other source of technology that would reconnect her reality around here.  What was this place?  An ancient palace in the middle of nowhere – or at least that was what she felt like.  Treading up the stairs, she tried some of the doors but those were locked.  The only unlocked room was the same room she heard the water running from.  Kai must be taking a shower.  She tippy-toed in and tried the drawers and found nothing.  But before she could leave the room, Kai was already standing in the doorway that connects the master’s bedroom to the bathroom.  And the door out of the room was only three feet from where he was standing already.

Calculating her speed and angle – can she make it out?

“I wouldn’t try it, if I were you my gem,” he smiled wickedly.