The Catch

A Double Take

Agents v.s. The Heirs

“Even without our masks on, they would be able to identify us anyways,” Vic answered the still masked men.

“Agents?” Kris repeated again.

“Look, just back off and let us do our job,” Vic stated to cut off the tension.

“And what job is that?” Luhan asked from the sideline.

“None of your business,” one of the mask men answered.

Tao wanted to jump him but Suho held him back.  Vic planted herself in the middle to avoid another fist fight among them since they were completely out of their league.

“Please, just go back to the party and let us finish our job,” Luna pleaded.

“And what may that be?” Kris asked again.

“I can explain later,” she sighs.

“Or not,” another one in the mask interrupted.

“We have a job to finish agents and if you are exposed like this continuously, not only you are putting the people you know in danger but also yourself by revealing your identity,” the tall one stated firmly.

“Again, what kind of agents are you girls?” Kai asked again.

 

Suddenly one of the voice boxes on their belt started to beep.  They all looked up and realized it was time to move out. “Let’s move out,” one ordered.

“Not so fast,” Kris grabbed Luna to hold her in place.

“Let her go,” one of the masked agents shouted.

“This is my fiancé,” Kris injected.

“Agents are not allowed to marry while active, release her or else,” he warned.

“Or else what?” Kris challenged him.

He pulled out what looks like a gun and zapped Kris into sleep mode.  The rest of them charged up and ended up in a small fist fight for a moment before they were all zapped into sleep mode.

“You got to be kidding me,” Onew huffed as he pulled off his mask.

“Sorry oppa,” Luna cringed.

The others pulled off their mask – Minho, Jonghyun, Key, & Taemin [Feat: Shinee members].

“Luna, you’re engaged?” Minho asked.

“Not by choice,” Sulli intercepted.

“So what do we do with them?” Key asked.

“Move them into the private lounge and when they wake up, it won’t be as embarrassing as waking up to here since anyone can walk by,” Onew suggested.

Upon agreement, the agents dragged all twelve of them into the private lounge laying them side by side and dimming the light for some privacy and shutting the door behind them.

“They are going to be one mad bunch when they wake up,” Taemin tried to crack a joke to ease the tension.

“Mad or not, we got better things to do right now,” Krystal reminded them.

 

Two hours later when the guys finally started to wake up from being zapped – they were unaware of their location at first but then everything started to look normal once they fully were awake.

“What just happened?” Tao groaned.

“They knocked us out good,” Kai grunted.

“Luhan, can you track them via cell phones?” Kris instructed him.

“I doubt it.  If they’re agents, they are steps ahead of us now,” Luhan winced.

“If we ever run into them, payback will be a pain,” Suho moaned.

“That’s a big IF,” Kris agreed.

 

Seoul Analytic Enterprise.

One month later. Still no trace of the girls.  It was like they vanish from the city.  But all over the news and media, Miss Jia, along with her assailants were all held in a federal prison with no bond awaiting a hearing.  There were not mentioning of agents or other groups involve of the arrest except that they were found on a private ship sailing for Japan.

“Interesting don’t you think.  Funny how they were all caught on a yacht when we visually witness them that one night,” Kai snickered.

“I’m with you guys too but till this day – what kind of agents are those girls again?” Suho waivered the article in the air.

“I don’t know either but whether Luna likes it or not, I know she is due back into town soon per her parents and when she returns, she’ll be heading straight to the courthouse to sign our marriage license along with Krystal and Kai,” Kris snapped.

“I’d be weary of them since they are agents, therefore don’t count on that,” Luhan reminded the group.

“Meeting in 10-mintues, we better make our way to the auditorium,” Tao announced.

 

Slowly the board room filled up, the twelve of them sat right in the front row as CEO Representatives who were looking into investing into the pre-set teams to run their IT departments and Seoul Analytics always hires the best of the best.

“This should be an interesting presentation,” Luhan nodded while flipping through the pamphlet.

The rest of them nodded as they flip through the agenda topics.  Shortly after everyone sat down, the vice president of the company entered the room with two young ladies in tow.

“Oh my god,” Tao whispers causing the other to look up.

“Oh boy,” Suho muttered quietly.

“Now who are they going to be today?” Luhan wondered.

“Greeting folks, glad to have everyone here again for new project that is currently under construction but very close to going live,” he started off.

“As you can see, next to me are two young ladies, Miss Luna Park and Miss Krystal Jung from the Institute of Japan are here with us today,” he introduced the two.

“Well at least the two used their real names or so we hope are their real names,” Lay smirked.

“Japan….” Tao snickered.

As the hour went on, the two continuously provide information regarding the new software that will not only make their security stronger but also protect hackers from interrupting their daily work.  After the presentation, some in the back were asking thorough questions while the ones in the front remain silent.  Not that the presentation did not impress them but how the two continue to lead on as if they didn’t recognize them one bit – and that irritate Kris and Kai to the bones.

Once the meeting was adjourned, the vice president came up to Kris and shook hands as a formal greeting.  Both Luna and Krystal were wrapping up last minute questions with standbys and putting away their belongings.  Kris already eyed some of them to not let the two get away.

“Thank you Mr. Wu for joining us today and I hope you were impressed with our presentation,” he smiled proudly.

“Of course, as always. If you do not mind, I would like a moment of their time,” he suggested.

“Please do,” he nodded and bid the girls farewell.

As the two were about to head out of the room, Xiumin, Tao, and Sehun blocked the two from leaving while the others circled in on them.  Despite the two being outnumbered, they remained calm and focus.

“Can we help you guys?” Luna asked.

“You sure can, my love,” Kris snickered. Although he wanted to be mad, he needed to remain calm since this was not his turf nor his place to command.

“It’s Miss Park,” she grimaced.

“And you must be Miss Jung,” Kai played along.

“It is.  How may I assist you sir?” She nodded coldly.

“Funny that we ran into the two of you here,” Suho chuckles and looks around wondering where the other three are hiding out.

“The two of you decided to come back and now what’s next?” Kai asked.

“We’re here only for the presentation and then we’re off to our next site,” Luna answers.

“And where are the rest of the gang members?” Tao asked while looking out for him and his friends.

“Who?” Krystal asked in confusion.

“Are the two of you playing dumb on purpose?” Kai let out his annoyance with their questions.

“And if you think we’re going to let you walk out of here quietly – think again!” Kris added.

“I’m sorry if you feel that we’re insufficient and lacking but I promise you we’re very good at what we do,” Luna changed the topic.

“We will not have this discussion here, let’s go,” Kris muttered and grabbed Luna’s arm causing her to wince.

“Miss Park, are you alright?” Krystal asked.

Luna nodded slightly.

“What…now they’re addressing each other formally too,” Chanyeol trying the grasp the situation.

 

Two other men entered the room.

“There you are,” he greeted Luna happily by pulling her into a hug.

“Onew, what a surprise!” Luna was shocked to see him here.

“Taemin.” Krystal greeted the other person.

“Who would have thought we meet here again,” Onew happily hug Krystal as well.

“And you two are?” Kai asked as politely as he could.

“Onew, colleagues,” Onew greeted him happily.

“Taemin, colleagues,” Taemin added.

“If the two of you would excuse us, we were in the middle of another discussion,” Kai intercepted.

“Of course, however we do have the next appointment with them which is now so you’ll have to excuse us,” Onew chirped in.

“That will have to wait, we were here first,” Kris disagreed.

“Have we met before?  Your voices sound very familiar,” Luhan chimed in.

Both Taemin and Onew frowned – then they shook their heads.  “If so, we would have recognized you by now,” Taemin added.

Out of nowhere, Onew’s phone started to ring.

“Hello.  Yes sir.  Of course, I’m standing next to her as we speak.  Yes.  We’re on our way,” he nodded.

“Was that the prime minister?” Taemin asked.

“Yes.  They’re waiting on us,” Onew nodded.

“If you all excuse us, we have another meeting to attend to.  It was nice meeting you all,” Luna tried to bid them farewell.

“We’re not done yet Luna,” Kris warned her.

As soon as they were far enough from the crowd, both Luna and Krystal took a deep breath while Onew and Taemin only shook their heads.

“I told you it was too soon to go back out,” Onew reminded them.

“It was either us or Vic/Amb combo,” Krystal reminded them.

“Yes, their minor injuries wouldn’t have interfere with this case however, you two are not going to get away from them anytime soon,” Taemin pointed out.

“If they realize what resources are readily available at their becks and call – you two would be ousted from the organization already,” Onew again reminded them.

“We got it.  Don’t worry, after this assignment, the five us will take a long vacation away from Seoul – we promised,” Luna tried to get them off their backs.

“Let’s move in and get out fast,” Onew instructed before slipping through a door meant only for employees with them trailing him in the dark corridor.

 

Meanwhile in the lobby, the boys waited for the two to make their exit hoping to catch them for a quick chat about what happened that night.  And to top it off, the two disappeared for a month and now are taking on a new role – again so soon.

“What makes you think they wouldn’t slip out the back entrance of the building?” Tao asked out of the blue.

“I’ve already got men watching from the back to make sure those two lovely lads don’t get away with their honcho’s in tow,” Kai smirked.

“I hope those guys are just colleagues as they stated or otherwise hyungs, you two are in big trouble,” Sehun shared as soon as the two men were mentioned.  He cannot pinpoint them but swears, he knows them from somewhere too – just like the rest.

“I wonder if they are all on the same team with the same agenda………..”Luhan thought-out-loud.

“That’s what I’m thinking too.  How did they know to show up when they did?  There is no way the two of them met here by coincidence, it must have been planned but for what?” Kris agreed.

Everyone started to see it from that point of view.  But what could their next target be – how is connected to their last assignment?

“What if they aren’t here for another assignment?  What if they do this kind of job while waiting for another assignment?” Luhan asked since their seemed to be no connection to Miss Jia.

“You do have a point because didn’t Victoria’s shop burned down not too long ago so they must need another source of income to live off from – right?” Lay agreed.

“But as agents or whatever they are – they should be paid pretty decent,” Suho disagreed.

“Only one way to find out – we must find them before they disappear again on us,” Kris instructed.

“Well if we do, can we do it when those two other guys are not around?  They kind of seem protective of the girls……” Tao winced not wanting another fight to brew again.

“There are only two of them while there are twelve of us – what is there to be afraid of?” Suho reminded him.

“What if they have zap guns too?” Tao whined.

Both Kris and Kai froze on the spot.

“What if those two were part of the five men that were masked that night?” Luhan caught on.

“So where are the other three?” Suho then asked.

“Probably watching us to make our move,” Kai looked around along with Kris.

 

About an hour later, both Luna and Krystal made their way down with Onew and Taemin following in pursuit not even realizing the twelve of them were still sitting in the lobby.

“Now may we have a word with the two of you?” Kris asked leaning against the banister pole.

“You guys are still here?” Krystal was alarmed.

“Where else would we go when we need to speak with the two of you adamantly?” Kai smirked.

“Is everything alright?” Onew asked the two girls.

Luna and Krystal nodded.

“Okay.  We’ll see you two tomorrow for the meeting with Minho and the rest, okay…..” Onew reminded them.

“See you guys tomorrow then,” Luna bid them farewell.

 

As soon as the two left the building, you could hear the relief in Tao’s sigh.  “I’m surprise they didn’t try to zap us,” he muttered.

“Zap you…?” Krystal repeated.

Luna chuckles.

“It hurts too you know,” he continues to whine.

“May I have a word with you, alone?” Kai asked Krystal.

“What cannot be said in public should not be said at all,” Krystal replies.

“So exactly where did you all disappear too while Miss Jia was being hauled in for questioning?” Kris finally asks.

“And some things are not meant for others to hear, especially in public,” Luna added without offering him an answer.

Both Kris and Kai gave the two a hard stare – they weren’t intimidated as they were in the past.  The two stood up tall face to face against them as if they had no worries to fear them.

“Then we can do this the hard way or the easy way – what do you choose?” Kris asked Luna.

“I prefer neither but I’m willing to compromise Mr. Wu – I’ll meet you halfway,” she replies.

“Very well, let’s head over to the café,” he suggested.

“I’ll meet you there,” she added.

“I don’t think so, we’ll go together – just in case you get lost,” he disagrees.

“I’m sure I can find it just fine,” she refined her reply.

“How can you when I didn’t say which one when Seoul has over hundreds of them?” He asked in return.

Cat got her tongue.

“Well if you tell us which one, we’ll meet you there,” Krystal restated.

“You and I have to go somewhere else,” Kai injected.

“And why would I go anywhere with you?” Krystal challenged him back.

“Either I drag you or throw you over my shoulder – you’ll come with me,” he warned her.

“Charming!” She smirked.

Both Kris and Kai gave each other one quick glance and grabbed their bags handing it to the closet person to carry as they tossed the two over their shoulders and carried them out of the building.  For a moment the two were startled and then begun the kick and scream but no avail, no one was around to help them.  Quickly, they were tossed into the limo and drove away before anyone could stop them.

From the parking lot, the two were chuckling with much amusement.

“So should we follow in pursuit or let fate take over?” Taemin asks.

Onew was still cracking up.

“And should we warn Victoria?” Taemin added worrying about the heat that may fall upon them for not backing up the girls as promised.

“No worries.  We’ll follow in pursuit.  We just need to keep a good distance since the tracking device is in place already,” Onew tried to hold back his laughter.

“I mean they don’t seem all that bad.  Maybe bossy here and there but not snotty like others so I wonder what the girls don’t like about them,” Taemin added.

“Women! You’ll never understand them,” Onew shrugs.

 

After several minutes of waiting, the two began to follow the tracking device and unfortunately for them, if it wasn’t for injuries the others were suffering from, they wouldn’t be working short-hand.  Hopefully the girls don’t blow their cover since they seemed to be an open book around them.  The last assignment was a close call however they still need to obtain the last members for the jury to convict all of them at once – which will be the most difficult since the higher ones are much more difficult to decipher.

“Why are they heading to the court house?” Taemin asked as he sees the marker stopped.

Onew frowned.

“They wouldn’t be getting married today – would they?” Taemin wondered.

“Oh crap!  I hope not,” Onew groaned and began to press on the gas petal.

 

The Seoul Courthouse.

From inside the limo, Luna and Krystal stared at the building in confusion – why are they here?

“What is going on here?  Why are we here?” Krystal blabbered altogether.

“What happened to the café?” Luna added.

“We’re here to sign our marriage license,” Kris announced proudly.

“Marriage license?” The two repeated.

“Yes.  We’re getting married today and then we’ll throw the actual reception later,” Kai added.

“Hold up!  Why are we getting married today?” Krystal shouted.

“You cannot force us to sign anything,” Luna chimed in strongly.

“Wanna bet?” Kris rose to the challenge.