The Isolation

A Double Take

“Exactly where are you taking me now?” She asked realizing he didn’t call her back for real work.

“Somewhere, where your friends will not be able to locate you for awhile,” Kai smirked.

Before she could send a message via her cell phone, he grabbed that out of her hands and slipped it into one of his pocket.  Up in the air, she was in disbelief.  And how on earth did he find out?  Does he know?  Or does he only assume he knows?

“So how did you find out about my other names?” She asked.

“Simple Krystal.  I’ve always known,” he now turned to look at her.

She scrunched her nose in confusion.

“Keep that up, you’ll get wrinkles before you turn 30,” he joked.

“If you always knew, why did you hide it until now?” She asked in return.

“There are a lot of things I know that you don’t know and what you don’t know it’s probably for the best,” he answered.

“And Luna?” She raised an eyebrow.

“Luna, I just found out recently before dropping the bomb.  Kris has her apprehended and for all I know, we may be seeing a wedding sooner than later,” he smiled.

“What kind of bomb did you drop?” She asked calmly.

“That the Luna he’s been searching for is one of the same that is trying to avoid attaching herself to him,” he shrugged.

“But she cannot marry him,” Krystal shouted.

“And why is that?” He asked.

“Nothing,” she murmured.

“Well share the secret…sooner or later, we’ll find out,” he ushered her.

“If you already know the answer, you wouldn’t be asking me so this only tells me one thing,” she stated.

“And that is…?” He asked.

“You don’t know us.  We’re still safe,” she smiled.

 

Kai took a deep breath trying to control his rage.  He almost had her.  But she was smarter than he thought.  So this little getaway to his hometown, Daejeon should keep her under his eyes until they can find out more.  The lesser of them sneaking around, the better it is for him and his friends.  He could only hope the rest could handle the other three who seemed to disappear easily – especially Victoria.

“Well for one thing, it’s going to be just you and me so sooner or later, I’ll get it out of you my dear,” he warned her smoothly.

“I like to see you try Mr. Stiffbone!” She challenged him.

He only laughed.

This might one interesting break from the city and he might just enjoy being in the company of someone who he should be running from.  The moment his father saw her at the interview, he made the assumption that he would fall for her and that Krystal would be his beautiful daughter in law without even consulting with him first.  But now he knows why she shined above the others.  She was witty, smart, and quick – therefore she could handle him one on one unlike the other candidate.  Except now he wonders if she knew what she was signing herself up for – not as his personal assistant, secretary, office clerical, etc but as his future wife.  Oh, how he would love to see her expression once he tells her that her future was already chosen for her.  This should be one interesting fight from both her and Luna – the two that does not want anything to do with them.

 

“So when are you planning to take me back home?” She asked him bringing him back to the present.

“When you start talking,” he shrugged.

“That will be never,” she shrugged as well.

“You can only hold off so long my dear.  And remember, you’re friends will not be able to find you to help you unless I give them a clue to as where you are.  I told you Busan to throw them off track because I already knew you would tell them first so they will definitely be searching in the wrong direction,” he reminded her.

She gasps.

“Where is Luna then?” She asked in alarm.

“Still in Jeju,” he answers.

She releases a sigh.

“But not in the same area any longer.  Kris moved her out and further from the city and the only way to find her – you will need one powerful GPS,” he smiled.

“Why are you guys doing this?” She asked in disbelief.

“Why did you guys start it first?” He asked in return.

“Start what?” She asked in confusion.

“You tell me,” he challenged her.

 

The conversation just went in circles upon arrival, he blindfolded her and tied her hands together, and then she felt him carrying her across the tarmac and into another vehicle.  He drove in silence while she sat there in the dark.  So this is what felt like to be kidnap against their will.  Lovely.  Just lovely, she thought to herself.

 

Jeju.

In the kitchen, she was still facing him and not believing what he just said.  Her friends identities were always secured compare to hers.  But if they found out about her, then the next person would be Krystal.

“What have you done with Krystal?” She asked.

“I didn’t do anything to her.  But as for her, I leave it to Kai to handle her,” he only shrugged.

“He cannot do the same thing to her as you did to me.  She is still young,” Luna argued.

“That’s not for me to say Luna.  I can only lead my life the way I want to.  I don’t order others around,” he pointed out.

“But….” She started to say.

“But she is a grown up and what she decides to do, it’s up to her.  Kai is not that type anyways,” Kris stated against her pointless accusation.

“If he harms her in any way, I’ll hate you forever,” she shouted.

“You won’t hate me.  And plus what more do you want now that you have me forever,” he smiled.

“I don’t want you forever,” she argued.

“Yes you do.  Otherwise, why would you give me your innocence?” He pointed out.

“You act like you have never taken anyone’s innocence before.  I’m sure I’m not your first,” she stated in jealously.

“You are not my first lover Luna but you are my first innocent one,” he almost agreed.

“What am I, number 20?” She wanted to shout.

“Just number 3,” he smiled.

“Three?” She almost sounded jealous.

“The first one was mutual but we parted ways and I haven’t seen her since high school.  The second…..was no one,” he explains.

 

Luna was holding in her jealousy.  Why should she feel this way?  She didn’t want to feel this way.  She cannot feel this way about him.  People like him don’t fall for people like her.  No way.

“I can feel you contemplating but don’t worry Luna, I can show you much more later,” he reminded her.

“I don’t think I want to know anymore,” she wanted to pout.

“You say that now but later, you won’t be able to resist me,” he smiled.

“And what point are you trying to prove here?” She asked.

“None Luna.  None.  I just want to find out more behind the reason why you are playing these dual roles and what for,” he explains while setting the table.

Luna stood there in silent.  How was she supposed to respond that?

 

“Come eat and then try to relax for the rest of the day,” he ushered her to the table.

“And what are you going to do all day?” She asked.

“I’ll be working from my office while you can sleep, read, swim, whatever you want to do,” he smiled.

“Charming.  But how about me going into the city?” She asked.

“Nope.  You can keep asking but the answer will be the same until I get what I want,” he answers smoothly.

“Now tell me again, what do girls find attractive about you?” She asked without sounding too rude.

“My charms,” he winked.

“As if you have any,” she muttered.

“If I didn’t, I wouldn’t have been your first – or your last,” he smiled.

“Oh, were back to that again.  Look, I’m not expecting anything out of it, so let’s just pretend that this never happened in the first place,” she stated while plucking away her food.

“Might be a little too late for that but I’ll play along,” he whispers.

“What did you say?” She asked in midst of eating.

“Nothing…..eat up,” he smiled.

 

After eating, Kris wandered off to his office to finish some work while she roams the house to see what she can find to do. Normally about now, she be cracking codes and deciphering her programs to make them stronger for her opponents but today, she was doing nothing.

Busan.

“Something is not right,” Vic stumbled upon nothing.

“I agree,” Amber nodded.

“So Krystal is suppose to be here in Busan but for some reason were unable to trace her – weird,” Sulli also agreed.

“Let me try calling her to see if we can pick up a signal,” Vic suggested.

The other two could only nod.

Ringing Krystal’s cell twice and upon reaching her voice mail twice – something was not adding up.  She attempted to call Luna to see if she knew anything about Krystal’s whereabouts and ended up reaching her voice mail as well.

“Both of their cells took me straight to their voice mail so something is definitely wrong here,” Vic shivered.

“Do you think they found out?” Amber asked.

“We’ll have to send someone in to find out for sure,” Sulli turned pale.

“By the color of your expression, you don’t want to do it – right?” Amber stuttered.

Sulli shook her head.

“I would go in but if I get caught – we’re doomed,” Vic stated.

“I know but I don’t know how I feel about those guys – it’s kind of scary,” Sulli felt very nervous.

“Well why not send me in – I mean I’m a bit of a tomboy and who knows – they’re probably only after cute ones so let me befriend them and find out as much as I can then I’ll report back to you,” Amber suggested.

“What if one of them is gay?” Sulli shrieked.

“If one was, do you think they would all befriend each other like that – I don’t think so,” Vic shook her head.

“Unnie, if you fail this – that means I have to go in and I really don’t want to,” Sulli almost cried.

“You’ll be fine Sulli and I wouldn’t send you in if you’re uncomfortable however if I managed to go down, you know you need to report directly to the top – right?” Vic reminded her.

Sulli could only groan.

“So that’s the plan.  Let’s go back to Seoul and see if we can trace her steps again,” Vic instructed the two to follow.

 

Daejeon.

She was politely placed onto a soft chair and then bounded to something to keep her in place.  The eye covers came off and the room was dimly-lit.

“Where am I?” She asked.

“My place,” Kai smiled.

“My place – where?” She asked.

“Only for me to know and for you to find out when you answer all my questions,” he smirked.

“Can you be any more annoying then what you already making yourself out to be?” She asked.

He could only laugh.

“You have no idea how annoying I can become but let me tell you one thing though – when I want something, I’ll get it – remember that,” Kai last words before leaving her alone in what looks like the sitting room.

 

In the room to herself, she began to observe and see if she could find anything to release herself – the good thing is that he didn’t tie her legs down so she could use them to reach something she needs with this movable chair.  In the corner of the room, she sees a desk and maybe if she could find a tool to use, she could escape from him.

Slowly and quietly she tippy toe over to the desk carrying the chair along with her, she quietly place herself back onto the floor safely before using her feet to open the drawers.  Finally in the bottom, she sees something that looks sharp – maybe a huge filer of some sort.  Taking off her shoes, she uses her feet to grab the filer and place it onto the chair, then using her thigh and fat to maneuver the filer to where her hands were, she began to file away the cloth that held her to the chair.

Ten minutes later, still no sign of Kai, she was finally able to loosen the cloth before freeing her hands.  Quietly, she puts back on her shoes and tip-toed around the room trying to find the best way out of the ‘wherever’ she is right now.  Only one way out, through the front door since the back door was too far and still no sign of him.  She dashes out the front door in the process of setting off an alarm that could bring deafness to ones’ ear and now find herself staring at ‘nothing’.  It was all wood.

What on earth.

“Welcome to isolation,” Kai chuckled behind her.

“Where are we?” She almost shouted.

“Somewhere safe,” he shrugged.

“You can’t keep me here,” she stuttered in alarm.

“Who’s going to stop me?” He asked.

“Me!  Who else,” she grunted before running at him.

 

Kai did not see this coming at all.  Krystal completely caught him off guard by running into him and knocking him onto the ground.  She then began to kick hoping to find the keys to the car or a cell phone but he already had those hidden away.  And by the look of it, she was not going to stop until she gets what she wants………..well by all means – let the games begin.

Grabbing onto her legs, he yanked hard enough to knock her down onto the ground but he was able to save her fall having her land above him rather the hard ground.  As soon as she realized their positions, she began to push and shove.  But the only way to stop her, he flipped the position leaving him on top while she was helpless beneath him.

“Keep that up Krystal, then you’ll definitely regret it,” he warned her.