The Cafe

A Double Take

Bistro Café.

Upon reaching her destination, her friends were already seated and waiting.

“Sorry, I’m late,” she apologized.

“No problem.  How did the meeting go?” Victoria asked out of curiosity.

Luna just shrugged.

“That good, huh” Amber chuckled.

“How was your fiancé to be?” Krystal asked.

“Hmmm…too good to be true,” Luna wavered and continue to focus on the menu.

“Girls, back off – she’s already annoyed to the boot,” Victoria, the oldest hushed the rest.

“We’re just curious who the fiancé to be is – that’s all,” Sulli added on as the last note of the conversation.

“Kris Wu,” Luna groaned.

“Kris Wu, as in the wealthy Wu Clan…?” Krystal asked in shock.

Luna nodded solemnly.

“Wow.  So when is the wedding?” Sulli asked.

“Don’t know.  I took off early than expected so don’t know anything about a wedding,” Luna shrugs again.

“You took off….?” Victoria questioned her.

“It wasn’t my thing anyways and plus he was already occupied with a slender chick,” Luna explained.

“You’re saying that you disappeared from Kris Wu, the prince charming that every girl dreams of marrying?” Krystal asks again.

“Yes!” Luna silenced her by almost slamming menu onto the table.

“Are you nuts?” Sulli added.

“What is the problem here?” Victoria asked out of curiosity.

“I know this sounds weird but I met some friends of his at an outing and let me tell you – they are a group you do not want to piss off,” Krystal replies with shivers.

“Why?” Amber asked questionably.

“You just don’t.  Messing with the wealthy is like messing with your credit,” Krystal explains.

“But we’re not exactly poor either,” Luna defended herself.

“Yes. But we’re not wealthy like them either,” Sulli backed up Krystal.

“Poor, average, rich, etc – it should not matter.  We’re all human beings and should learn how to function as one,” Victoria interrupted the younger ones from continuing their debate.

“Amen.” Amber saluted.

“Now let’s discuss the primary topic on why we are all here tonight,” Victoria rounded their thoughts down to one topic.

“Bring it on,” Luna was alert along with the other girls.

The discussion went on for two hours before a group of boys walked into the café that brought their attention up from the table.

“Oh lord – here comes trouble,” Krystal muttered.

The rest looked up and saw twelve good looking men sitting no more than a table away from them.  One of them looked very familiar to Luna.  Kris Wu.  What was he doing here?  And where is the chick?

“What is Kris Wu doing here?” Luna also muttered.

“Let me guess, he followed you here?” Sulli offered an answer.

“I would agree.  As many time as we’ve been here, this is the first I have ever seen them in here,” Victoria agreed.

 

“So is that the fiancé you’re supposed to be marrying?” Chen spoke out loud so everyone could hear.

Instead of answering, Kris just gave a Luna stare. A stare that gave the other girls – the goose bumps.  Luna kept her back turned to them after she saw him walked in with the rest.  In her opinion, it’s not like she did anything wrong.  He already had company and it was her ticket out so why was he making a big deal out of nothing. 

“Miss Luna Park, we like to meet you – want to join our table?” Xiumin suggested.

Luna continued to ignore them.

“Don’t say anything irrational Luna, they don’t know us and its best we pretend we have no idea who they are either,” Victoria suggested.

“Easy for you to say unnie, I work under one of them as an intern,” Krystal grumbles.

“Which one?” Amber asks.

“Kai. The dark skin one.  He’s quiet yet mysterious at times,” Krystal shudders.

“He looks almost as serious as Kris,” Victoria whispers.

“So what do you suggest we do?” Sulli asks.

“I’m texting the group the send us all an automatic page so we can flee,” Victoria whispers.

The girls only blinked once letting her know they got the message and continued on with eating and pretentious researching. 

 

“So, they are ignoring us,” Kai snorted.

“Isn’t one of them under you?” Kris asks.

“Yes, the long hair one that looks too americanized,” Kai nodded.

“So I’m assuming that they are all friends,” Kris came to a conclusion while observing the five of them working away.

“From what I could find out bro, the oldest Victoria runs a personal spa for clients who are rank in the top money wise and Amber, the tom boyish one is her partner.  The taller one, dark hair, is Sulli – part time student working on getting her BS in Biology.  Krystal, who is an intern under Kai’s company – Natural Diamonds is in the process of finishing her BS for Chemistry.  Luna, your fiancé is computer geek – she can be a hacker if she chooses to be one,” Lay summarize in short for the group.

“Interesting group of friends – wonder how they all met?” Suho wondered.

 

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP.

All the lads turn their attention to the gals who were pulling some sort of pager out of their bags.  Then they quickly shuffle their belongings into the bags and were making their way out of the café.  This was Kris time to make his move.  Getting up, he blocked Luna from leaving.  Her friends all froze at the door not know what to do – Luna could only frown.

“May I have a moment alone with you?” Kris asks.

“Not at this time, I have work to do,” Luna shook her head.

“Luna, we have to go,” Victoria interrupted.

“If it’s something that you don’t need her for tonight, I suggest you excuse her since I will need to meet her regarding our upcoming nuptial,” Kris raised an eyebrow.

“And if I remember correctly, Krystal you have a report to go over with me in an hour,” Kai spoke up.

Krystal cringed.

“Well, I guess we don’t want to intrude – we’ll see you two later,” Amber slowly walked backward pulling Vic and Sulli along to avoid anymore confrontation.

Suho winked and gave Amber a cute wave.  That gave Amber the startled but she continue to move the other two along.  Krystal was frozen on spot, not knowing what to do.

“Did you drive?” Kai asks.

She shook her head.

“Well, come along kiddo, I’ll give you a ride to the office,” Kai offered kindly.  Krystal was too scare to say anything so she just followed him out.

 

“Shall we go to my office,” Kris suggested.

“Why?” Luna questioned him.

“We need to finalize our wedding plans,” Kris announced.

“Wedding plans? What wedding plans?” Luna almost shouted.

“The ones your parents agreed to in your place since you dashed off,” Kris answered smoothly.

Luna was stunned.  Since when did her parents agree to anything without checking with her first? Unbelievable!

“As far as I know, there will not be a wedding of any kind and no, I do not want to go to your office – excuse me, I have to go,” Luna tried to walk pass him.  But he grabbed her upper arm and pulled her back to face him again.

“You don’t walk away from me especially when I’m not done talking to you yet,” Kris iterated.

“And I care because………” Luna frowned.

“My parents believe you’re the right candidate for me but something tells me they don’t know the real you,” he smirked.

“Same goes for mine.  Now, if you’re done manhandling me, I have somewhere else I need to be,” Luna shrugged off his hold onto her.

“You haven’t seen me manhandling yet,” Kris warned her and pulled out a card.

“This is my address to my condo, be there tomorrow at 10am or be prepared for what the wind may blow your way,” he literally threatened her.

“Hmph!  What a charmer?” Luna gagged.

“See you tomorrow!” He gave her one last stare before turning away to rejoin his group.

Luna tossed the card into her bag and left the café feeling more uncomfortable then meeting him at the charity event.  And why on earth is he pressuring her to married him when he can have anyone he wants.  Getting into her car, she made a mental note to call her parents first thing in the morning – she had lots of questions for them.

 

The Parks Family Home.

The next morning, Luna called her parents with much anxiety since she didn’t know how to tell them to call off the wedding.  On the first ring her mother answered.

“Hi honey, I’m glad you called,” her mother gleefully greeted her.

“Why do you say that?” She asked.

“After you left, Kris asked for your hand in marriage – I mean I wasn’t expecting it either but you must have caught his eyes,” her mother continues to gushed.

“What are you talking about?  It’s not like we said anything to each other all night,” Luna became confused.

“Honey, he really has taken to you and wants to marry you – and very soon too,” she added.

“What!” Luna shouted.

“No need to shout my dear but I say we have a lot of planning to do,” her mother continues to gush.

“Mom, stop.  Why on earth would you agree to this kind of marriage?” She argued back.

“Because you decided to disappear on us and left us no choice but to agree,” her father took over the phone.

“But dad………..” she started to whined.

“If you want out, you better take it to him – I don’t know what you did you bring that attention to you but he made up his mind after you disappeared last night,” he continue to say.

“But what about that girl – doesn’t that raise a red alarm to you both?” She challenged them.

“As soon as he got off the stage, he really did not pay her any attention except out of respect but his eyes was on you and only you,” her father stated.

“That is strange, don’t you think?” Luna thought.

“Whether that is strange or not – your fate remains in your own hand Luna,” her father last words to her before she bid farewell.

 

So that was that.  What Krystal said was true.  You don’t want to mess with them because they have the upper hand in everything.  Great.  Now she has to go meet him and tell him off for the second time in a row.  Good grief.

 

Kris Wu Condo.

Upon arriving at the door according to this business card, Luna took a deep breath and rang the door bell.  At the door, he appeared to look much more casual than the night before. If she didn’t know any better – she would think he be a gentleman. 

“Glad you came,” he signals her to enter.

“Nice place,” she murmured.

“Thanks.  I chose it so I’m closer to the heart of the city,” he guided her to the sitting room.

“So why on earth did you order me to come here today?” Luna got down to business.

“I’m guessing you spoke with your parents?” He crossed his arm while standing across from her.

“Look, I don’t know why you are doing this to me but I’m sure you can have anyone you want so why don’t we just tell our parents that we prefer to be friends and marriage would not work between the two of us,” Luna suggested.

“What makes you think marriage wouldn’t work between us?” Kris challenged her.

“Well for one, I don’t like you and you don’t like me,” Luna started.

Kris just nodded.

“You like beautiful models while I’m a nerd looking girl,” she continues to add onto the bucket list.

Kris only shrugs.

“You run an enterprise while I’m only a hacker,” she added.

Kris chuckles.

“What’s so funny?” Luna asked.

“So you took to the heart what the guys said about you – I thought you weren’t even listening to us,” Kris answers.

“I wasn’t.  It’s not the first time someone called me a nerd or a geek,” Luna shrugs.

“Well let me tell you, I think your gorgeous and the glasses that you don’t need to wear but love to hide behind – I like it.  It suits you and your personality,” Kris explains.

“But you don’t even know me,” Luna added.

“I know you well enough Luna but my question is – why are you pretending not to know me?” He asked.