The Tears

A Double Take

Dinner.  It was just dinner.  He wanted elegant, gentle, and proper – that is what he is going to see from her this evening.  With one hour left on the clock, she needed to look her best.

 

“So what did you find out?” Kris asked Luhan while prepping himself for this evening.

“Luna Lim was born and raised in Paris, France however has been back and forth between here and there.  She checks out.  Luna Park was born and raised in Incheon but later moved to Seoul for school and work.  It looks like she graduated earlier than others and she checks out too,” Luhan confirmed.

“But did you find out anything that may be interesting for us to know?” Kai asked.

“The two shared the same birthdate except Luna Kim is one year older than Luna Park – you think it could be a coincident?” Luhan asks.

Kris frowns.

“Interesting.  So did the birth certificate check out for the two of them?” Suho asks.

Luhan nods.

“So there are really two Luna.  I can’t believe you made a mistake bro,” Lay chuckled.

“I know.  That hardly ever happens,” Kris agrees.

“But love will do that to you,” Xiumin chimed in.

“While I’m away at dinner, Kai find out what you can from Krystal about Luna Park – we’ll meet up after dinner,” Kris suggested.

Kai only nodded.

“And try to take it easy on her,” Lay added.

“Yah.  You make me sound like I’m abusive,” Kai argued.

“I agree with Lay, you need to take a calmer approach.  Don’t scare the poor girl,” Baekhyun laughed.

“Have fun at dinner bro, I’ll keep digging,” Luhan waved as he disappear to another room.

 

Thirty minutes later he headed down to the lobby earlier than expected so she could watch for her when she comes down to meet him.  She didn’t want to leave the hotel since she needed to be close for some last minute touch up for a fashion show. 

Within five minutes, he saw her looking more beautiful than ever.  She smiled when she saw him waving for her.  The closer she got the more he felt for her.  The feeling couldn’t be explained but he just knew she was the one for him.

“You look beautiful,” he told her with a gentle smile.

“Thank you. You look good as well,” she returned the comment.

“Shall we go in,” he stepped aside for her to go forward.

 

Dinner went really smooth.  But he kept on checking on his phone to see if Luna, his fiancé would call him too.  He didn’t quite understand why he was anticipating her call when he had the real Luna in front of him. 

“Is something the matter?” She asks.

“I’m expecting a call but it just hasn’t come through,” he explained.

“Oh.  Work?” She thought.

“Yes.  Work…um if you can excuse me, I need to make a quick call,” he told her before stepping away from the table.

She could only nod.

As soon as he was gone, her phone was ringing – it was him calling her.  Or actually the real Luna.  Why?  Instead of answering, she let the call go to voice mail and will check it as soon as she gets to her room.   As soon as she finished her dessert, he came back.

“Sorry about that,” he apologized.

“No worries, finish your dessert,” she told him while eyeing his pie.

“I will.  Again, I do apologize,” he said again.

“It’s okay.  I understand.  I really do,” she told him gently.

 

When the two finished after an enlightening meal, he offer to walk her to her room but she refused and told him he probably had work to do and not to worry so he ended up letting her go up alone.  Upon entering her room, she pulled out her phone to listen to the voice mail left during dinner.

Voice mail: Luna its Kris.  I just wanted to check on you.  I hope the ordeal in Japan is going smoothly and have a safe trip to Busan.  About tomorrow, I won’t be able to pick you up.  I will be in the middle of a presentation but if you need transportation, call the hotel, and ask for my car to pick you up.  It shouldn’t be a problem.  I’ll leave a note for them up front to expect your call.  And about our future marriage – I’ll tell our parents it’s off.  Don’t worry too much.  I’ll take care of it.  Good bye.

Pulling the phone away from her ears without even realizing it, she had tears streaming down her face.  It shouldn’t hurt but it did.  In fact it stung.  He wanted Luna Lim rather than the Luna Park, he’s supposed to be marrying.  And to call off the marriage when he forced it upon her in the first place will not only make her look like an idiot but unlovable.  Taking a deep breath trying to calm her nerves – she needed to prepare her mind for tomorrow.   Luna Park by day and Luna Lim by evening now – she can do this and then walk away from him for good.  And this time, he will be the one left standing ………………… ALONE.

 

Busan Charity for Children Foundation.

Luna had to work really hard to hide her current black hair underneath her blond wig.  After an hour of messing with it, she finally got it fixed.  She can’t wait for Vic and Amber to arrive later to help re-dye it back to blonde.  She already knows her parents along with his are heading this way to confront him about their nuptial being cancelled and both parties are not happy.  Her silence said it all.  She was not at fault this time around.  Standing in one corner watching him lead the presentation, she was impressed with his leadership skills and knows he’ll do a great job with this foundation.  His personal life on the other – is a different story.

After the presentation was completed, she walked over and met up with Krystal, who was glad to see her but knows it was not easy to do what she has to do.

“Unnie.  How are you feeling?” She asked quietly.

“I’ll be okay.  Don’t worry about me too much,” she sighs.

“You made it here safely,” Kai interrupted the two.

Luna could only nod.

“Everything in Japan…..okay?” He asked.

Luna nods again.

As soon as Kris saw her, he made his way toward her while acknowledging others who wanted to shake his hand.

“Luna, glad you made it here in one piece,” he greeted her.

“Me too,” was all she could get out.

Krystal could tell she was struggling.

“I missed you unnie, we should catch up and you can tell me about Japan,” she pulled Luna away.

“And you should tell her about Luna Lim too,” Kai suggested.

Krystal slowly nodded while Luna looked confused.

As soon as the two disappeared, Kris turned to face Kai with a bit of annoyance in his expression.

“What?  It’s not like you wanted her since you found the real Luna, so just get it over with,” Kai suggested.

“But that is kind of harsh, don’t you think?” He asked.

“Yes.  But it’s coming from her friend so it can’t be as bad as you think,” Kai shrugged.

Kris was bothered by the inconsiderate act but who was he to blame him.  He could have changed the presentation time and still picked her up from the airport – instead he avoided it as well.  He will have to apologize later.

 

At dinner, after a long day, he and his friends met up to relax and waited for Luna to join them as well but he was not prepared to deal with his parents when they arrived unannounced.

“Kris!” His dad almost shouted.

“What brings you two here?” He asked not believing his eyes when Luna’s parents both walked in too.

“”What do you mean the wedding is off?” His father demanded.

“Like I said in the message, I found the girl I wanted to marry and it’s not Luna.  Well not Luna Park but Luna Lim,” he started to explain.

“And why is Luna Lim better than my Luna Park?” Mr. Park asked.

“There is really no comparison.  The two looked the same to me but I feel more for Luna Lim.  I do apologize, I announced the wedding too early thinking your Luna was the Luna I’ve been searching for” he answers cautiously.

“So you say you want to marry this Luna Lim, who I have not met and now you want Luna Park out of the picture?” Her mother was trying to understand him yet he could sense she was very angry with him too.

“Right.  I, Kris Wu will not marry Luna Park and nor do I love her like I should therefore this wedding should be cancelled,” he stated clearly.

“Ever?” Mrs. Park asked in between tears.

“Yes.  I’m sorry.  It was my mistake.  Please don’t blame her,” Kris apologizes.

“So my daughter is not good enough for you?” Mr. Park asked.

“And not beautiful enough for you?” Mrs. Park added.

“I didn’t say that,” Kris tried to insert his reason behind his decision.

“But you don’t want to marry her, right?” Mr. Park asked again for clarification.

Kris took a deep breath.  “That is correct Mr. Park.  I do not want to marry her……………..at all,” he finally told the parents for both him and Luna.

“Then you remember this well my son, I will never give you my daughter again – even if you pleaded and begged, she deserves someone better than you. As your friend witness today, you all heard him loud and clear,” he looked at the rest and they all slowly nodded.

“Mr. Park, I’m…” he wanted to apologize again.

“No more apologies.  No more.  Just know you made the mistake and to never do it again – we will take our leave,” he told his parents.

Feeling already low, as soon as Mr. Park turned to leave, the open space in between the parents – he sees Luna and Krystal at the doorway.  Luna was crying.  Now he felt like an .

“Luna….” Mr. Park started to call after his daughter who quickly turned around and left the room.  Krystal turned to follow her in pursuit along with the rest of the group.  But she disappeared as soon as they reached the lobby.  Neither she nor Krystal was in sight.

“Dammit!” He shouted.

“We’ll talk to our daughter.  From here on out, stay away from her if you still consider us as close acquaintances,” her father ordered.

“I didn’t mean to hurt her,” he said slowly.

“But you did,” his mother added.

“Bring this Luna Lim to me,” his father ordered.

“Please excuse us while we go check on our daughter,” Mr. Park excused himself along with his wife as the two left the crowd.

His parents could only nod.  They were embarrassed by his actions – who wouldn’t’ be?

 

“She is probably resting after a long day, maybe tomorrow?” He suggested.

“Fine.  But I will never accept her as my daughter in law,” he stated.

“You haven’t even met her,” he retaliated.

“If she could reduce you this manner then she is not good for you and our business either,” he stated again.

“But Luna Lim is………….” He started to say.

“Luna Lim…Luna whatever I don’t care anymore son.  You messed up big time her e and made us look like fools,” he pointed out.

“I’m sorry dad,” he apologized again.

His father could only shake his head in disgust leaving him and his friend standing in the lobby looking like lost kids.  His mother couldn’t even look at him anymore.  Frustrated with himself that the situation could have been handled better – he have no one to blame but himself.

Kai cell phone beeped.  It was a message from Krystal stating she needed to be with her friend who is quite shock at this time.  Kai texted back stating it was fine and to apologize again on their behalf.  But no response from her after that last message.

“So now I have an upset intern who will probably quit after tonight as well,” he rubbed the back of his neck from annoyance.

The rest of the group was just speechless.  Luhan looked up and saw Luna Lim from the balcony – she looked sad.  She heard it all but it was probably not a good idea to say anything since Kris was already feeling at his worst.  He could only offer an apologetic bow not allowing other members to see it at the same time.  Instead of returning the bow, she turned away and left the balcony.  This was not working out the way Kris wanted it to but hopefully by some miracle, Luna Lim will understand him.

 

The next morning, he knew he had to face Luna Lim and tell him about last night’s event – he wasn’t prepared for her reaction either.  He already knew she was going to be upset.  Preparing his mind at what was about to happen, he got up and got ready.  He barely slept last night but knew it was for the best to let Luna know before it was too late but he didn’t expect her to cry either.  Crap.

After showering, he entered the living room and most of his friends were up and dressed already.

“Bro, a letter came for you this morning,” Kai pointed at the envelope.

“From who?” He asked.

“Don’t know.  It had only your name on it,” Suho shrugged.

Opening the letter.

Kris, I’m sorry about doing this twice to you again but after last night’s event – I thought it was best I leave for good.  I truly felt her heart ache when you shouted the last statement not wanting to marry her in front of her parents.  Even though you meant well, it came out all wrong.  If I was the cause for your confusion, I’m truly sorry.  I wish it could have been different but knowing that I came in between two people who were both hurt from the same incident– I feel that it is only best I leave.  Please don’t follow to me Paris since I will never ever meet you face to face again.  If we happened to bump into each other, pretend you don’t know me.  Please. Just keep the memories as memories – since they are only memories.  I wish you the best and hope that you can resolve the issues between your parents and hers.  They look like good friends who understood their children’s heart but only wanted an answer.  They will understand you.

Take care.  And best of luck to you and your future.

L.Lim.

P.S.  I’ll be gone long before you get this letter so no need to check up on me.  Goodbye Kris.

Shock from reality, he slumbered into the nearest seat.  Kai took the letter and read it out loud.  The group was shock.

“I didn’t think she would leave that quick,” Luhan spitted out in anger.

“What do you mean?” Kris looked up.

“She witnessed the scene from above,” Luhan winced.

“And you didn’t tell anyone because….?” Suho asked.

“She looked really sad too and since Kris already made one cried – I didn’t think it was fair for him to see another one cry either,” Luhan answered softly.

Kris could only sit there in silent.  He was not prepared for one to cry and another to run off.  A knock came at the door – Suho opened it and his parents entered the room.

“So this Luna Lim ran away?” His father asked.

“How did you know?” He asked in return.

“I asked the front desk for her room location but they said she already checked out,” he bluntly stated.  “Last night,” he added.

“Because she witnessed your last statement, so she decided to take off without listening to any of my explanation,” he argued back.

“And do you blame the girl?  If I were her, I do the same too,” his mother stated.

“I need to talk to Luna,” he stood to leave the room.

“Which one?  The one who ran away at night or the one who boarded a plane this morning?” His father asked.

“Luna already left but the charity foundation….” He started to say.

“Considering the situation, I excused Luna from it,” his mother inserted.

“And before you ask, Krystal left as well per my instruction, Luna needed her friend,” his father added looking at Kai.

Kai could only nod in approval since he was put on the spot.

“Finish up here nicely and have a safe trip home – things are just about to get interesting,” his father muttered before leaving the room.

And then it was pure silence.