The Last Time

A Double Take

“Unnie, what is he talking about?” Krystal asked Luna.

“Not only you were taking on dual identities but taking on dual roles at the same time,” Kris answers in her place.

Krystal looked confused.

“Why are you helping Blanca?” He then asked.

“You know Blanca?” Krystal asked in confusion.

Kris nods.  Yet Luna remained silent and non-responsive.

“Bro, this sounds like a personal conversation between the two of you.  I’ll take Krystal to another room,” Kai suggested.

Kris only nods.

“Wait, you can’t separate us again,” Krystal whined as Kai lifted her easily out of the room.

 

After the door was closed shut, Kris turned to face Luna again.

“Are we going to do this the nice way?  Or will I have to use force?” He asked giving her two options.

Luna only shrugged.  Being stubborn was one of her strongest quality.  The longer she holds out, the more likely her challengers are willing to give up.  But how long can she hold out until he forces the answers from her?  And how on earth did he find out about her other role – impossible.  Did someone sell her out?  It couldn’t be – could it?

“Very well, we do it the hard way then,” he huffed.

Yanking her against him and since she was still tied up, she had no power to push him away.  The more she tried to shake him off, the tighter his grips became around her.

“Unless you want to hurt yourself, I suggest you answer my question,” he warned her.

“If only they knew you were a prick, then maybe you wouldn’t be the most eligible bachelor still around – I’m sure that title could go to someone else,” she murmured.

Kris could only chuckle.

“If you give me a bruise, you’ll be sorry,” she winced when his grip tightened on her.

“I can kiss it away,” he smiled.

“Let go of me,” she grunted again.

“After you answer my question,” he suggested again.

She turned away from him.  If only she could trust him but knowing that he is the only son of the Wu Enterprise, she doesn’t dare to share her deepest secrets with anyone – not even her friends.

“Why are you working for Blanca?” He asked again.

“And how do you know Blanca?” She asked in return.

“Blanca and I were engaged. Blanca is Miss Jia’s code name when she is doing underground black market business,” he enlightened her.

“If you already knew I worked for her, why are you asking me then?” She asked.

“Because if Blanca knew you were working for me too – you would be dead,” he pointed out.

“Blanca only knows me by my code name.  She has never seen me nor will she ever see me since I only do contracted work via telecom communication,” she explains.

“But why are you working for her?” He asked again.

“I’ve always been on her side until a few years ago,” she answers in between solemn breaths.

“If I’m not mistaken, you were hired by father’s previous secretary who also retired a few years ago and you’ve been employed by contract with my corporation for almost five years – how can you do two jobs at once?” He asked out of curiosity.

“I didn’t until recently.  That was when you found out my dual identity.  However, I was telling you the truth from the beginning – I’m not really the Luna you’ve been looking for,” she answers.

“Are we back to that again?” He asked.

“I suppose it’s either now or never – don’t say I didn’t warn you,” she sighs.

“What are you talking about?” He asked in confusion.

“Do you believe that somewhere around the world, you have another person who looked just like you but no blood relation whatsoever?” She asked him.

Now he looked confused.  Sure he heard of that old saying but to actually find another person who looked just like him – impossible.  After speaking with his father’s previous secretary, he understood a lot more and knew why he had contracted employees from time to time but were put on special projects to find the traitors who could sell out companies’ secrets.  Even his father didn’t notice since he was busy upfront dealing with the media and his own family.  Unlike his father, he was still unmarried and very well aware of what’s happening behind the scene.  He just never thought that he would run into an operation set in stone for his family’s business.

 

“The Luna you’ve been searching for is not this Luna standing in front of you but the Luna who is standing in for the missing Luna,” she explains.

Kris frowns at the statement, which made no sense to him.  The two were back at square one again.

“What are you saying?” He asked again.

“I tried to tell you from the beginning however you continue to push me therefore I had no choice but to partially give in to your assumptions,” she answers.

“I thought Luna Kim and Luna Park were one of the same person…” he thought out loud.

“We are one of the same,” she nodded.

“Then what do you mean by my assumptions?” He asked releasing her from his grips.

“I, Luna Park share a dual identity with Luna Kim, who does not exist in this world, however Luna Moon shares the same dual identity with Luna Kim as well,” she answers without a pause.

“How many Luna’s are there?” He almost shouted.

“Just us two,” she smirked.

“So which one are you?” He asked.

“Luna Park, of course,” she answers.

“And which Luna did I make love to?” He asked angrily.

“Me,” she whispers.

“Then exactly what does Luna Moon have to do with me?” He then asked.

“She was the Luna your father’s previous secretary hired for undercover projects,” she grimaced as he re-tightened his hold on her arms.

“Then you work for Miss Jia…?” He asked in disgust.

“Maybe,” she shrugged.

“This is not the time for you to play games with me,” he warned her.

“Look, if you really want the truth – I’m not even the Luna you wanted.  I just happened to be in her place by accident and vice versa, so you have made contact with the two of us, only I was dumb enough to forget my place,” she literally yelled at him.

“So are you’re friends aware of your dual role you play?” He asked.

“My friends are my friends but they were not aware when Luna Moon and I swap places,” she stated firmly.

“Why would you two need to swap places?” He asked with much curiosity.

“Luna Moon worked for the European Investigation Bureau, that’s how we came up with Luna Kim’s identity.  I was on holiday and ran into her.  The two of us were very identical from job preference to our IQ level therefore we agreed to collaborate when necessary.  When one fell sick, the other took the spot until Luna Moon disappeared,” she explains.

“So no particular reason why you two kept on trading spots but only because one was ill – I find that hard to believe,” he shook his head.

“If Luna Moon gets injured, I take her spot and vice versa,” she elaborates.

“So who does Victoria work for – or should I say who employs her along with the rest of you?” He asked.

“You mean who is paying us right now – that would be the president of Wu Electro Co Enterprise,” Luna coolly replies.

 “Me…?” He was caught off guard.

“No, your father,” she shook her head.

“Why would my father be paying you guys to work for Miss Jia?” He asked sounding more confused than before.

“We were her underlings but she never knew our real identity.  We knew what she was doing and were against it when she became greedy.  Why do you think you received all the evidences of her black market business deals?  We wanted to expose her but you guys haven’t done anything yet.  Why?” She laid out on the tables.

“Because we weren’t 100% sure the information were accurate therefore Luhan is snooping out the deals here and there,” he explains.

“That’s why we sent in Krystal,” Luna sighs.

“And now Kai is keeping Krystal as his so really it was just a lucky coincident,” he chuckles.

“But you have nothing to worry about though. When the real Luna makes her appearance, I’ll be out of the way,” she told him earnestly.

“So are you saying the one I wanted from the beginning was not you but Luna Moon…?” He asked.

Luna nodded.

“Very well, I can’t wait till the real one appears too,” he smirked.

That hit below the belt.  It was better this way.  Luna Moon was ready to take her place now that she was fully recovered.  It was time for her to go back to complete the mission and take a long vacation from everything.  And maybe by the time she comes back, everything will be normal again.

Luna could only offer a smile.

Without further ado, he released his hold on her while she slouched back down onto the bed.   Her arms were red and slightly sore but at least she was no longer touching him.

“Are you going to untie me?” She asked.

“Nope.  Only because I know you’ll try to escape from us again,” he shook his head.

“I don’t feel comfortable being tied up like this,” she murmured.

“Well until we finish putting together all the evidence toward Miss Jia and her dogs, you’re stuck here until then,” he re-stated.

“And after that?” She asked already knowing the answer.

“You can get back to what you were doing before,” he shrugged.

 

There were no feelings thrown into that last comment.  In truth, he probably didn’t care since he wanted the real Luna anyways.  Once this assignment is complete, she’ll never trade places again.  She’ll be her boring nerdy self that is most comfortable being.  Releasing a silent sigh, she stared off into space hoping he’ll leave her alone.

“I’ll bring you some breakfast,” he told her leaving her alone for once as if he read her mind.

 

After going through the whole day without seeing Krystal since this morning, she was going crazy not knowing what was going on.  Is everyone okay?  Did something happen?  Kris didn’t even bring her breakfast; he had a butler serving her all day that didn’t even answer any of her questions.  Now night was looming and still has not heard anything – not even a peep from Krystal, who is usually loud.

By midnight, her head settle back down onto the pillows since she was unable to do anything but wait. She was in dreamland and felt loose like she was flying free.  But within seconds, she was wrapped in a cocoon – warm and comfy.  Slowly she drifted back to reality, the room was dark with someone lying next to her – holding her close.

“Kris…?” She whispers.

“Mmmm…” he mumbles.

“What are you doing?” She asked.

“It’s been a long day Luna, just go to bed,” he sighs.

“What happened?” She asked carefully.

“Took care of business,” he mumbles.

“What kind of business?” She asked again.

“Nothing, you’ll need to worry about,” he murmured.

“Then when will you untie me, I’m not comfortable,” she sighs.

“I don’t want to lose you so I’m keeping you tied for your safety,” he yawns.

She could only sigh.

“Very well but don’t try and disappear on me now,” he mumbles and unties her arms, then her legs.

But before she could stretch out her limbs, he had her wrapped into his embrace again.  Releasing a warm sigh, he closes his eyes to get some rest.  It was a long day trying to reveal Miss Jia’s true identity.  She tried to take down anyone she could with her but no boundary did she have enough evidence on others such as her spies.  Code name will do you no justice when you don’t have an actual body to take their place.  For now, she is held captive until further ado.  He would have to give Victoria the credit, she was no joke when it came to taking down a thug with no remorse.

Victoria’s last warning to him – hurt Luna and you’ll be sorry.  If you don’t see a future with the two of you together then let her go at peace while she still can. 

Can he let her go?

This is her last night with him before she disappears again.  Luna Moon will be taking her place as she finishes off her last assignment in place of her.  And how she chooses to end this ongoing relationship with Kris that she is probably not fully aware of – it’s up to her.   But it’s her last night with him before he chooses to toss her aside since Luna Moon does not play around with millionaires when she is one herself.

Running a finger across his lips, back and forth he slowly drifted awake toward her.

“Something bothering you?” He asks.

“I missed you,” she whispers.  And will probably miss you more after tonight.

“Do you now?” He asks.

She only nodded.

Pulling him toward her, she softly kisses him while he let her drive the temptation.  Gently, he rolled on top of her pulling off her top along with his.  Within moments the two were completely undressed and entwined in each other arms.

Just tonight.  Luna thought to herself.

Only mine and always. Kris declared silently.

 

Morning came too soon.  By the time Kris woke up, Luna was already missing from the bed.  He would have stormed out if it wasn’t for the shower running in the adjoined room.  To top it off someone was knocking on the door so he pulled on some sweat and a t-shirt before opening the door.

“Unnie…oh it’s you,” Krystal grumbles.

“I tried to hold her off but you can’t stop a siren from running if you don’t rescue her,” Kai muttered.

Kris could only smile.

“Is she showering?” Krystal asked.

“If it’s not her, who else?” Kai joked.

“Luna….are you almost done?” Krystal shouted.

“Almost,” she hollered back.

 

“Did you get some rest after a long day yesterday?” Kai asked.

“Very much,” he nodded.

“I hope you’re ready for today.  The rest of the gang are here,” Kai warned him.

Kris could only grunt.

“Yes, Vic is here along with your crew……….what is this – a show down?” Krystal wondered.

“Luna, we’ll be in the sitting room.  I hate to see your friends tearing up my friends,” Kris hollered.

“Okay,” she hollered back.

 

Ten minutes later, Luna finally joined them in the sitting room.

“See, what I tell you, she’s all in one piece,” Suho smiled at Amber.

“Are you really okay?” Vic asked.

Luna nodded.

“I can’t believe Miss Jia was behind all of this,” Sulli snickered.

“I’m not,” Luna shrugged.

“Well we have enough to detain her but until we can catch the person she is dealing with – we’re at lost,” Luhan stated.

“The person she deals with is probably well hidden among the civilians but I’m sure the authority with catch up to him sooner or later,” Luna stated.

 

Kris eyes narrowed in on her.  The only person who noticed the expression was Luna, herself.  Did he know?  How?  No one could ever tell the difference between the two or at least for the past five years or so.  That’s why the two work so well together – if he could tell she was not the Luna he spent the night with, her true identity is doomed along with the Luna, he truly cares for……………..

“Where is Luna?” He asked abruptly alarming the crowd.

“She’s right there bro….why are you asking?” Chanyeol laughed.

“Where is she?” He shouted this time.

“I’m right here,” she answers with much confusion.

“No.  You are not the Luna who slept in my arms last night.  Where is she?” He shook his head.

Everyone sat up straight – more alert than ever before.

“Did you have a bad dream?” She asked him.

“Kris, there is only one Luna.  Luna Kim is not real,” Luhan reminded him.

Kai nodded in agreement.

“You’re right.  There is only one Luna that belongs to me and that is Luna Park.  So tell me Luna Moon……what are you doing here?” He asked causing the room to go silent.

“Luna Moon……?” Everyone repeated with much confusion.