Chapter 23: Avoiding Jiyong

Fashion and Fame 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong woke up after having such a hard time trying to sleep last night. He had way too many thoughts to let himself fall asleep peacefully. He sighed seeing Minah wasn’t lying next to him. Already he was feeling all the emotions from last night resurfacing.

After getting ready Jiyong stepped out into the hallway trying to find Minah. He went into the princesses’ room but found it was empty. It was barely 7:30 in the morning on a Friday of no school but they were already out of bed? Jiyong thought that was weird.

He went to the kitchen still trying to find them. Instead he found Ara making breakfast alone.  When Ara noticed Jiyong was in the kitchen she stopped what she was doing. “Good morning Jiyong-shi. Are you going to stay for breakfast?”

“Well I wanted to but where is everyone?”

Ara began taking out another plate for Jiyong. “Umma woke up early and went running at six in the morning. When she was about to leave she told me if I could take care of breakfast. The girls suddenly woke up when she was about to leave and asked if they could go as well.”

That was the first time he ever heard of Minah voluntarily running. She hated running with a passion, so why did she suddenly decide to do it? “Why did she want to go running so suddenly?”

Ara put down everything and turned to Jiyong with the same puzzled face. “That’s the strange thing. I asked her why she wanted to start running and she told me it was because she was fat. Obviously I disagreed with her but she kept insisting that she hadn’t lost the pregnancy weight.”

Jiyong wasn’t really convinced with what Minah had told Ara. “It’s not like her to care about exercising and losing weight.”

“I know but I think it’s just stress from all the planning she has been doing for the wedding. She really outdid herself with the planning. There are still a couple of weeks left and she already finished arranging and planning everything. Even her dress will be in her hands a week before the wedding. Which by the way is a beautiful dress; she sent me a picture of it yesterday after making her final decision.” Ara went back to finishing up the breakfast knowing Minah should be coming back anytime soon.

“I don’t think it’s just stress.” Jiyong felt he had added onto Minah’s stress and worries with what he told her last night and now she was trying to get rid of all her frustrations by running.

Not long after that Minah walked in feeling exhausted. She wasn’t use to running and now she had used all her energy to do the unthinkable task. She felt her body was going to give out and make her end up on the floor.

Min Young, Min Hee, and Min Ji came in right behind her. “Appa we went running.”  Min Young ran to Jiyong, she had arrived with more energy than she had left with. She was the type who once they started they couldn’t stop but kept going even faster.

Min Hee and Min Ji were busy trying to catch their breath when Min Sun walked in being the last one there. Minah had barely been able to keep up with Min Young. Min Hee and Min Ji were no exception. Both of them weren’t as energetic as her and were staying at the same pace as Minah.

Min Ji didn’t want to be left behind so she would constantly push herself to stay next to Min Hee. Min Sun didn’t care if she was left behind. She hated running and only went with them because she didn’t want to be the only one out. If her Umma was doing it then she too had to do it.

Min Sun was panting feeling like she couldn’t get enough air in her lungs.  “Umma…running… is… hard” she said in between pants.

Minah nodded agreeing whole heartedly. “It really is” even though that is what she thought she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter