Chapter 11: Worries

Fashion and Fame 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Young sat still in one of the swings not really feeling like playing at the moment. She had isolated herself from her sisters and became quiet the past few days. There was so much on Min Young’s mind that didn’t really make sense. She kept wanting to ask her Umma but she would always see her having a tired look on her face. Min Young didn’t want to be a bother for her Umma so she kept quiet but the more she thought about it herself the more she became worried.

Mrs. Lee looked around the playground and spotted Min Young sitting quietly on the swing. It had been the same the past few days. Min Young would usually always be talking and playing with the other kids but now she had become quiet and it was worrying Mrs. Lee.

She made her way over to Min Young and sat down on the swing next to her. She smiled at Min Young as she tried to initiate a comfortable conversation. “Min Young you haven’t been acting like yourself and it makes me worried.”

Min Young sighed and looked up at Mrs. Lee. “Mrs. Lee can I ask you a question?”

“Of course Min Young, you can ask me anything and I will make sure to answer as best as I can.” Mrs. Lee was glad Min Young was willing to tell her what was on her mind.

“Does everyone have an Appa? Or is it possible for someone to only have an Umma?”

Mrs. Lee was shocked to hear such a question from Min Young. She herself didn’t know much about the girls besides the well kept secret between Minah and the parents of the school that Minah was the mom of the girls. No one wanted to ask about their Appa not wanting to make an awkward situation for Minah. The only thing Mrs. Lee knew was that their Appa was a Kwon; this was information even less people knew.

 She smiled warmly and nodded “everyone has an Appa Min Young but why do you ask?”

Min Young’s eyebrow’s furrowed as she heard Mrs. Lee. “Does everyone know who they are and live together with both their Umma and Appa?”

The questions Min Young asked kept getting harder for Mrs. Lee to answer. “Well honestly most of the time they do know and live together but there are special cases where they don’t.” Mrs. Lee reached out and started to Min Young’s back trying to make her relax a bit. “Min Young have you been thinking about this topic for the last few days?”

“Yes…” Min Young spoke softly as she felt soothed by Mrs. Lee’s tenderness. “It’s just that I heard something that made me start thinking about things I have never thought about before.”

“Min Young I’m not allowed to ask you about your family’s personal information and respect your privacy. If you would tell me everything then I could help you better but I can’t ask for you to do that. What I can tell you is this… you, Min Hee, Min Sun, and Min Ji have one Umma and one Appa like everyone else. Your Umma loves the four of you very much and I’m sure if you talk to her about all this then she can help you more than I can.”

“I don’t think I can ask Umma but thanks for helping me Mrs. Lee.” Min Young got off the swing and ran over to Min Sun leaving Mrs. Lee feeling worried for her.

***

Minah took another sip of her coffee as she waited for Jiyong to get there. As she waited she kept thinking of the things she wanted to tell him.

Once Jiyong stepped into the coffee shop he walked over to Minah feeling a sense of relief. He had confessed to her already and gave her time to think about it now he would finally get to hear what she thought.

He sat down in the seat across from her and took off his sunglasses as he smiled to her. “Hey.”

“Hey” she simply responded.

“So did you think about what I said?”

Minah nodded without looking at him.

“And what do you think? Do you forgive me for being such an inconsiderate jerk?” After asking her Jiyong didn’t see the reaction he had wanted or expected. “I knew it would probably be this way even though I hoped it would be different.”

Minah sighed then looked into Jiyong’s eyes. “I forgive you.”

Jiyong’s mouth hung open as he heard her say she forgave him. He couldn’t believe it, hearing her say it made him feel relief and happiness take over his body. He smiled happily “thank you Minah you don’t know what this means to me.”

“I actually never thought I would see you again and I even planned on completely getting you out of my life like you wanted me out of yours. The truth is the only reason we aren’t together now is because five years ago you suddenly decided you didn’t want me in your life. I love you too Jiyong but I am erasing that love ever since the day you told me you no longer wanted me in your life.”

Jiyong shook his head

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter