2 My Last School Year

Ever Enough

"Amber, tomorrow's the first day of classes" My brothers and I were eating dinner, the night before my first day of classes and my last school year.. "Are you ready?" My eldest brother Donghae said a little bit sad in his tone but I shrugged it. "Hyung, stop worrying" "I'm sorry I couldn't help it... I'm sorry Amber" "Donghae hyung and Jonghyun hyung, it's okay I know both of you are just worried about me." I was done with my plate and stood up patting both their back, going straight for the sink. "I'm done. I need to finish packing my stuff for tomorrow." I left the dining table silently. Why do they always have to be so worrysome? I thought to myself.

 

Donghae and Jonghyun heard her foot steps going up the stairs. 

"You know it would've been better if she just went home schooling again like last year." Donghae said while washing the dishes "C'mon bro, we have to respect her decision and she might make new friends. You know she's strong enough to handle herself right?" Jonghyun was clearing the table and leaned his back on the counter. "You're right.. I'm being to selfish. Jonghyun please always remind me on how smart you are." Donghae said with a sarcastic voice. "Heeeey!" they turned their gloomy conversation to a lesser one.

  Amber was listening to their small conversation upstairs resting her arms on her the railing. Heh. I love my brothers so much. She smiled at her own thought and went straight to her room.

"Hey Dad, tomorrow's my first day. Wish me luck okay?" she was holding a picture frame of her dad smiling warmly. A tear drop fell on the frame then her hand holding onto the frame was shaking. "I still miss you, but I know I shouldn't be doing. You told me to protect my brothers and I promised you I would and I will no matter what" I wiped my tear away and placed the picture frame back at the desk. 

I came out of the bathroom cleaned and felt refreshed. I jumped and landed on my soft bed. Then a knock on my door. "It's open" then came in Jjong hyung and Donghae hyung. "There she is." Donghae hyung sat at the head of my bed while Jjong hyung sat at the foot. "Well, Tomorrow's a big day, so I'll cook you up something delicious" Jjong hyung said smiling "I'll drive there tomorrow okay?" Donghae hyung said while patted my head lightly "Good Night little Llamasaur" He kissed my head affectionaly then stood up then changed places with Jjong hyung "We love you, don't ever forget about that baby sis okay?" Jjong kissed me on the cheek. They turned my night light on before closing the door lightly. 

What? I like night lights it helps me sleep without being paranoid from the dark. *sigh* Good Night Dad. Wake me up tomorrow okay?

Then Amber drifted to dreamland.

"GOOD MORNING MY BABY SISTER! IT'S MORNING! WAKE UP BABY-" Jonghyun burst in and woke the living out of me. "I KNOW IT'S MORNENG HYUNG!!" I threw a pillow at him which hit him right in his beautiful face. "Take a bath then change into your new uniform i hung at the hook of your bathroom door, then get your dino downstairs okay? Good" then he closed the door.

Ughh I'm never really a morning person, I hated people waking me up early with their stupid loud voices, and yet my brothers still keep their patience as usual.

I hit the showers then brushed my teeth afterwards. "Hey Amber, do you have an extra tube of toothpaste?" I didn't even notice that My brother Donghae came in with only his towel around his waist. "AH! Dude!" I took my towel and wrapped it around me. "Hyung can't you learn how to knock sometimes? I'm fully here." "So what? We take a shower when we were small all the time." he was being stupid again. He wasn't even paying attention to what's at the scene right now. "Seriously, I sometimes queation if you really are the head of this family.. I really think it's Jjong hyung who's the eldest here.." I said placing my hand on my chin, so I looked like i was thinking. "Yah! Don't you dare!" He said pointing at me. Then I handed him my spare tube of toothpaste "Here. Now leave, please? I'm not done yet you know" I slapped his "ow!" then closed my bathroom door.

"JJONG HYUNG!!!" Amber shouted from her room. "Was the skirt not her liking?" Donghae said while sipping on his coffee and typing from his laptop. "When has she ever liked skirts bro? Tell me one time?" Jjong said while cooking up some eggs. They heard her stomping dowb the stairs. "Now I remember why I didn't like going to schools. Hyung this is so short!!" 

"Did you wear black shorts inside?" Jjong hyung asked "Of course" I assured crossing my arms and leaning on the door frame. Good thing my bag was a sling bag or was it called body bag? Nevermind at least this would cover my short skirt a little . Always think positive.  "Breakfast is ready!" Jjong said while removing his apron like a mother he is. "Ahh thanks Jjong!" Donghae rubbed both his hands about to dig in "Tsk. Tsk. Baby sister first" Jjong interrupted Donghae and I just smiled at their quarreling and started eating until nothing was left on my plate.

"Donghae Hyung!! Hurry up or I'll be late!" I said opening the car door "Amber, don't forget your lunch. I made your favorite~!" Jjong gave me my lunch and I put it inside my bag then he kissed my forehead "Donghae Hyung!" I shouted while honking on his car "I'M COMING! I just had a quick bathroom break" He zipped his zipper while walking weirdly towards the car. My brothers always had an on/off switch inside and outside the house. 

 

Their also a ladies man. When they bring women at home those plastic dolls would always tell me I'm lucky to have such "handsome brothers" like them then I would just smile at their compliment or I think it was a conpliment? Oh well then I 'd think Am I really lucky? Nah. They just don't know their off switch yet hehe. I would think to myself that all the time. I don't even want to know where they get those rags their pretty it's just that their so plastic just trying to impress me with their looks and all.

 

"Bye amber!" "Bye Jjong hyung!!" we waved goodbye. 

"Are you nervous?" Donghae hyung asked while looking at the road. "Kinda.." "Don't worry, it's a good thing Victoria's the new nurse so if you feel anything just go to the nurse' office okay?" "Okay" i felt a little relieved. 

Victoria unnie was a family friend and Donghae hyung's crush in elementary til high school but Vic unnie didn't like Donghae hyung because he usually just flings on girls but Vic unnie did fall for Hyung. I saw the spark but it faded away quickly. Both of them never noticed that so we never brought that topic up ever again. And I never saw their spark again. But they were still friends. We got to the school just in time. Before I got out of the car I kissed Donghae Hyung's cheek "Thanks Hyung! Oh and don't bring another girl home tonight okay?" he was faking a laugh "What? Why would I bring a girl home? You're the only girl I ha-" "Bye hyung! Say Hi to Eunhyuk Oppa for me!" then I slammed the door.

He left and I felt a little cold under my legs. Oh right.. I was wearing a skirt. Dammit.. 

Then I was facing the school gates it was huge. Students kept walking in. And I felt like I was the only new student here. They all looked like thy knew each other. I felt left out again. But I shook that thought away. 

"Excuse me" I tapped the shoulder of a guy. Then he turned and I read his name plate it read Myungsoo. "Could I ask where the Principal's office is?" "Oh hello, My name's Myungsoo but you can call me L if you want" Is being this friendly with a stranger okay? We just met like a few seconds ago. "Amber." I said with a poker face. "Ah.. New student right?" What the heck?? Is he flirting with me with those eyes of his? Well.. He does looks like a prince. Amber will you shut up! No, I'm not a student I'm an effing teacher wearing the school's uniform for fun! "Yes, umm.. well I really need to get going so.. Bye. Thanks so much for telling the directions." I said sarcastically. "Okay. Bye Amber!" he waved at me then I just smiled back. It's not that I'm being rude, I was just asking a question then he hits me with another stupid question. Amber be nice, you know what dad said right? Always keep your cool.

I was walking down another hallway full of students. They were all staring at me. It might've been because I was wearing a skirt and I looked like a boy. I'm used to it anyways. Then when I got out of the hallway, I was on the inside campus grounds and it was huge. How many students are in this school anyway? I was still awestrucked by the structure and design of the campus when I heard a really loud noise coming from my far left. "EXOOOO!! WE ARE?!" "OOONE!" They look so happy.. Like a family reunion.. They don't care whether their making a rucus or if their bothering other people. I wish I had friends like them. I was feeling a bit jealous at that scene.. But I shook that thought away. 

"Excuse me miss, are you lost?" Are turned to see who it was. He had a pale skin like me and he looked like .. Snoopy? Focus Amber!! "Oh uhhh Yes, Could I ask where the Prin-" "Principal's Office? I'll take you there" He interrupted me with his cute smile, but at least his taking me to the office. "What's your name?" He asked "Amber. Amber Liu." I said a bit nervous "Ahh yes, your on the new students list" He was holding a click board and marked my name. He's a school officer right? "My name's Henry Lau, I'm the school's Vice President." he gave me his hand to shake. He hand was softer than mine. Oh My Gob! Is He Gay? Amber stop with the nonsense! 

 

Ahh!! I've been on this route two times, why didn't I notice the sign that says Principal's Office?? "Here we are, if you want a tour of the school or if there's something you don't know just look for me, okay?" "Thank You" I nodded then He left. I opened the door then saw a pretty lady behind the counter fixing her desk. "Oh Hello" She said smiling brightly. "Are you a New student?" "Yes" "ooh! Mr. Park is just inside talking to the other new students and the new nurse, Come in" That must be Vic Unnie. She opened the door for me and there I saw Vic Unnie, Mr. Park and three students. "Sir, sorry to interrupt but this is the other new students" "Oh yes, Please take a sit" I smiled and bowed at them and made eye contact with unnie. "Thank You for enrolling in this school, and you three are lucky to enter here here. We don't usually accept new students for this last batch graduating but you three were acceptable and I kbow you all have potential. This will be our new nurse, Ms. Victoria Song.  Here are your schedules and school map, be careful this school is really big." He joked and I smiled at his jollyness. Usually Principals are strict or plastic but this one is not. He seems like he cares for all his students and he wants them all to succeed in their own way. I Like Him already. "This is also my Grandson Suho. Suho here is your classmate Amber and He is the school's president, so if you're having any problem just ask him." I nodded. "You may leave now students, and Welcome again to the academy!" He's like Dad.. 

"Here are your name plates, Don't lose them." The name plate was made of gold. I noticed that per year level it's different. Platinum for Freshmen, Bronze for Sophomore, Silver for Juniors, and Gold for Seniors. 

Then the bell rang.

"Oh! You need to hurry or you'll be late!" The pretty lady said. The new girl and I were about to run when the other new student spoke "My name's Peniel, I'm in class 1" "I'm Min, class 4" "Amber, class 3" We all laughed and shook hands. "We should run now" I said "Good Idea" Peniel said already running "Hey!" Min said.

 

"I'm Here! Sorry I'm late Mr. Kwon, I couldn't find this class, I had to ask for directions and-" I couldn't fininsh my explanation because Mr. Kwon showed me his palm. I think he's saying talk-to-the-hand or something.

"Okay, I get it. Okay class this Ms. Amber Liu our new student" I was staring intently at guy at the last row. He looked so mysterious.. I feel like I shouldn't get involved with him but I also feel like I want to. Amber what are you talking about?! Mr. Kwon nudged me. "Oh! Sorry! Hello, My name's Amber" "I just said that" I didn't even here him say that. Mr. Kwon said a little irritated then they laughed at our small conversation. 

 

Mr. Kwon was also our family friend and Donghae Hyung and Victoria Unnie's old classmate. He's a cold on the outside but I'm already used to that but if you knew him more, he's really nice. He's also a perfectionist sometimes.

 

"Please sit in between Mr. Oh and Mr. Wu. Wait where's Suho?" Mr. Wu? Mr. Oh? Ah! That vacant seat okay.. Their staring at me again. But I feel like not everyone is glaring. Some look happy that a new face has appeared.

"Present!!" Suho burst through the door sweating. 

"Good, just in time now take your seat." He checked the attendance marked check on the list.

I kept fidgeting on my seat I don't know why.. My medicine! I was rummaging inside my bag.. It's not here!! I left it at the bathroom at home. Oh No! I stood up and raised my hand to get Mr. Kwon's attention. 

"Sir, could I please go to the nurse's office? I forgot something.." maybe Vic unnie has an extra one. 

"Okay fine, Suho."

"Yes Sir?" Suho stood up alertly.

"Could you please take Amber to the nurse' office"

"Y-Yes sir!" why was he stuttering?

"Are you okay? Why are you stuttering?" I patted his back to calm him down.

"Y-Yeah.." then He closed the door.

Ahh! I forgot to introduce myself to my seat mates! Amber, something's wrong with you today. 

 

 

 

Second Chapter. This is Amber's point of view. Please comment/subscribe/ is it called upvote? (I'm sorry i'm more of a reader on asianfic than a writer. I only got this idea on writing recently because my subscribed stories are still not updating yet so I.. I'll shut up now)

 

This story's setting is in high school because well, I'm also graduating but the story is not related to mine. I made it all up.