15 Her Past

Ever Enough

 

It was too painful for her to remember. 

 

She was sleeping after Jiyong left, then right after he left her heart rate was beeping fast. 

 

Amber was stubborn at times especially those days when no one would visit her. She would throw the medicines that were lined up for her in the bathroom.

She understood if her brothers were busy, even her Unnies and Oppas that were close to her were visiting her at times. She specifically didn't drink her medicines when G.D. was her only company, she wanted to feel strong without those medicines. She wanted to show G.D. that she's fine without those. She only drinks them when there were nurses or her doctor would be there.  

When she woke up, G.D. wasn't there anymore and she was brought to a different room this time. A more boring and whiter room, her room was on a higher floor and she couldn't see the garden anymore. She wouldn't see the butterfly anymore. But then she thought maybe he'd return the book before his flight leaves. She hoped that he'd come back and visit her. Tears were starting to form but she wiped them away and the thought of him not returning. She didn't speak or eat those past days. Waiting for him. 

Jiyong did come back but the nurses wouldn't let him see her. They said she needed to be alone but what she really needs is company to stay sane. He couldn't return the book and left for his flight. 

One time when the nurse was putting her indicated medicines on her side desk. She went close to the cart and took a glass bottle of sleeping pills. Hid it behind her back and went back to her bed. The nurse never noticed she took the whole bottle. Every night she would drink some to forget. She wanted to forget him. Her hope was disappearing that he'd come back. She even heard some other patients and nurses when she was at the open air talking about her that her family wasn't visiting her and that they just didn't care about her. She was telling herself that they were all lies. But she believed them right away. She dropped a few of the pills down and went to bed. Every night she would have nightmares about her mom that left them for another man and her dad hopelessly hoping that she'd come back. And every night Amber would see her dad crying alone in his room, She'd walk up to him and hug him tight, crying himself to sleep. 

 

Amber's dad always blamed himself for that and never her mom, Donghae tried forcing their dad that it was her fault they left them and not their dad, but he always gets mad saying to not talk about their mother that way. He loved her so much but he never tried running to her and force her to come back. Amber told his brothers that she would try and find her again and take her back. Her brothers said that she doesn't need to find her, that it would just be waste of time. But she was stubborn as always. She wanted to find out the truth, that her mother's innocent in all this.

 

Amber found her mom with her friend Minho, when she found out where her address was. She was in her 7th grade while Minho was in 10th grade. He insisted on coming with her. She rang the doorbell and the person who opened the door was her mom's husband.

"Is my mom there?" It's not that I was being rude, I was being hasty. I wanted to see her so badly that I forgot ,y formalities.

"What's your name?" he looked at me from head to toe.

"Amber"

"Yah! Someone wants here to see you, she says her name is Amber! A grade schooler" she hoped that her mom was okay, she expected to hug her and wanted them back but when she saw her, she was carrying a baby and another small child peeped through the door.

She had her own family, her bag fell on the ground.

"Amber? Is that you? Amber! I missed you so much!" She hurriedly walked up to her carrying her baby.

Amber's face was shocked. Her mom was about to hug her, but she shoved her away.

"Who are you?! What have you done to my mother?!" I was about to cry but I forced myself not to in front of Minho. I wanted to stay strong.

"Amber it's me your mom" She pointed at herself.

"You're not my mom!" Amber's friend tried to stop her from shouting in front of others.

"Amber, calm down.." Minho pulled on her arm but she just stepped back away from Minho so he wouldn't calm her down.

"How could I calm down at a situation like this? They aren't even legally separated yet" then she faced her mom again, she was furious

"I thought all dad said was true, that you chose a better man and he even convinced us that it was all his fault you left. But he was just too nice to even let us get mad at you. Dad cried every night calling out your name, I sympathized him. I pitied dad and we were all miserable that you left." I wanted her to feel guilty.

"No, Amber let me explain-" Her mom was starting crying.

"What's there to explain? That you found a better man? Look at you! You have two children to take care, you don't need to come back. My brothers were right, it was just a waste of time to come looking for you. C'mon Minho.. This was worthless"

"Amber! I loved you, your dad and your brothers!" She held onto her hand, entwined it with hers. She was sobbing uncontrollably she pushed her away

"Loved us? So you only Loved us." She chuckled bitterly.

"If you loved us so much you shouldn't have left. Explain to me why I should forgive you. Because you look happy here with your two lovely children and husband with you. Give me one good reason why I should forgive you?" She emphasized.  

Her mom fell on her knees and cried more. 

"Amber please.." she begged, Amber tried not to show her weakness and cry, she looked away

"Let's go Minho" they left her crying with the baby still in hands.

 

They rode the bus home then walked to the park. Amber was crying silently she tried hiding her face in front of him. Minho hugged her tight. "You can cry if you want, it will let out more on what you feel" Minho gave her a warm smile and she cried on his shoulder, he patted her back.

When she came home, her brothers were on the living room arguing. 

"What's going on?" She asked looking at both of them, Jonghyun hugged her tight.

"Amber, we have to go to the hospital" He looked like he just cried.

"What? Why?" I questioned

"Dad was in a car accident" My eyes widened and my view was becoming blurry, I was about to cry but I tried not to. 

"Get in the car now, you too Minho" Donghae ordered

"Yes sir" 

Minho held onto my hand and supported me on the way.

 

They ran to the counter

"Where's our dad?" Donghae asked hurriedly

"Mr. Liu's family?"

"Yes! Where is he?" Donghae slammed his hand on the counter

I've never seen hyung this mad before..

All I was feeling right now was hope, I wanted to see dad badly, that he just had a scratch or a few minor injuries

"He's in the emergency room in this hallway" we ran for the door and saw two patients on each bed, the other one was with a woman sobbing, his looks more critical than when I saw dad.

I became weak when I saw him, Minho supported me again. He's head was the only thing that had a lot of blood.

"Are you Aiden Liu's family?" (I named him Aiden :3)

"Yes we are. What's his condition?" Jjong hyung said.

I hid on Minho's chest, I didn't want to cry again. I breath in and out then I stared at his state again, but I couldn't help but cry at the sight.

 

"The good news is he'll wake up fine. But you have to monitor him, we still don't know whether the brain damage is severe or not."

"Thank you.." Jonghyun looked down and nodded.

The doctor went to the other patient and told something to the woman, then the woman started crying some more.

"Dad, did you here that? You're okay.." I smiled weakly at his sleep.

Donghae went to the police that were by the door. I looked over at the other patient, the woman kept crying. I was going for her when Minho suddenly pulled me back, he pointed at Donghae hyung who was talking to the police officers.

 

"From what we investigated and asked some witnesses there was a young couple walking on the wrong side of the road when Mr. Liu was driving, he turned the wheel abruptly and hit another pedestrian walking on the side walk. The man's state was critical, that woman over there is the man's wife. We explained to her what happened, she understood quickly the situation. And called for their son but the young couple who made the incident is still yet unfound."

"Thank you.. I'll go check on them"

 

The whole thing was a mess, it was a couple who did this.

I haven't told my brothers what happened this afternoon yet. I didn't want them to feel more problematic than at the moment. 

It was already 9:42pm when dad woke up. We were brought to a more quiet and separated room from the other person. I hugged him tight, but the first words he said were

"Where's my wife?" I looked at him with pity, I want to tell him the truth to wake up to reality but he looked like he was about to cry when he realized she's not here anymore.

"Dad.. She's not here.." I said looking down, then he started crying again and I kissed his forehead. 

"I'll just be outside.. If you need anything" I know he didn't hear me. I knew he needed some time alone.

 

Minho was with my brothers talking then looked at me.

"Dad's awake." I said with a straight face

"That's great.." Donghae hyung lit up a little then ran for the door. 

Jjong hyung was looking at me "What's wrong? Aren't you happy that dad woke up?"

Should I tell him? Should I tell him about our mother who already has her own family? ..maybe.. later..

Tears were starting to form and my view was getting blurry again, I couldn't hold in my emotions anymore. It was so heavy inside. I cried on Minho then he patted my head and placed his arms around me.

"We'll explain it to you later hyung, she just needs some fresh air" Jonghyun nodded and went inside the room. 

 

Minho and Amber went outside of the hospital. She couldn't take the stress anymore.

"..Thanks Minho.. For being here beside me.."

"No problem Ambie"

 

"I'll be graduating soon.." Minho said gazing at her

"I know.." she grinned then Minho kissed her hair.

 

 

 

HAHAHAHAHAHA I CAN'T BELIEVE I PUT MINHO IN HERE! He wasn't supposed to be part of this story but what the heck let him squeeze in here hahaha! 

the following chapters will about be the past events, I have to cut the date with the exo first :) sorry haha

 

thank you for always reading and commenting on the story.

 

COMMENT / SUBSCRIBE/ UPVOTE :D 

 

BYIIEEEEEEEEEEE~!