12 Promise Me

Ever Enough

 

Everyday was the same for Amber. Just laying in bed, either she would sleep or just stare out at the window watching the sky for hours thinking. She could get out of the hospital any day and she only needed transfusion but no one would take care of her at home so her brothers said that she should stay at the hospital until they have a free time on their hands

Donghae and Jonghyun asked their friend that was a doctor at the hospital she was staying to take care of her while they weren't there. Because they have been only visiting her on the weekends because they've been more busy. Jonghyun was graduating so he had to go cramming and Donghae was always over flowing with paperworks nowadays because his boss gave him a higher ranking in the company. 

One day Victoria visited and gave Amber gifts to at least brighten her days a bit. She gave her a headband to wear. Her hair before was still long. Victoria gave her a novel to entertain herself or pastime.

"At least you wont get bored right?" Victoria patted her head and kissed her forehead then said goodbye.

 

A nurse came in to check up on her. She asked the nurse to open the window slightly, when the nurse left she stared at the book then placed it on the desk, she was uninterested in it apparently.

She stared out the window again and started falling asleep. When she woke up she saw an emperor butterfly land on the book. The blue sapphire butterfly made her lit up, she tried touching it but it flew away and wanted to go outside the window. Amber sat up and walked to the window and opened it for the butterfly

"At least you get to go outside without worries.." Amber closed the window and looked back at the book, took it and started reading. Ever since the butterfly visited her, Amber lit up and became more talkative for some reason. When the nurses or the doctors would come, she would entertain them and thank them for their hard work. The doctors allowed her to leave the room and walk around the hospital. She knew the hospital inside and out, she would always visit the children and tell them stories and play with them. The children love her, even the nurses and doctors. 

 

One day while she was reading one of her favorite novels in her room, A two guys suddenly came in. Both of them were sweating and breathing heavily

"..Wrong room" I said

"We're so sorry.." they bowed and left. I closed my book and I had to know who the new patient was. Amber would always ask the nurses that were on the desks on who were the new patients that came in. Especially when they were children, she would ask permission to see the little patients and cheer them up. That's what Amber was a Social Butterfly. That's what everyone in the hospital called her.  She peeped through the small glass window of the door and saw the two guys awhile ago talking to the person laying on the bed. He smiled at them and the doctor called them out. She over heard the doctor said the patient needed rest so the two said their goodbyes and left. She went back to her room. 

On mornings she would go to the small garden where she would read her book. Then she felt someone looking at her and looked around to see who it was. She found the guy that came in last night looking at her through his room window smiling at her. She smiled back then the butterfly that she saw last time flew by her "Hello again Sapphire" She started calling her sapphire because of it's color, the butterfly landed on her finger. The guy was watching her talking to the butterfly like it was speaking back, she giggled. She looked back at the window but the guy was already gone. 

She asked one of the nurse, that she would bring the food to the patient next to her room. She knocked on the door

"Hello" she smiled genuinely

"Oh hey, are you my nurse for today?" he joked

"I do this to a lot of patients especially children, I come and cheer them up and play with them. I live here actually" She placed the food on the table and sat at the chair close to the bed

"A patient lives in the hospital?" he chuckled "For the time being yes, but a family friend that's a doctor here takes care of me. Even though I'm very stubborn when I have to take my medicine" she chuckled

"Really? Heh. Thanks for bringing in my food. I'm G.D."

"I'm Amber"

 

Their conversation went on for days. She shared him the books she read, The places she wants to go to when she leaves, She even shared her story about the people she has helped while in the hospital. 

A few days later the doctor informed Jiyong that he can walk anytime soon and can discharge in the hospital. He was happy that he could leave the hospital but he suddenly frowned at how he should tell Amber that. 

Amber was sleeping when Jiyong came in her room. He went to the side of her bed an sat at the stool and stared at her. She looked more pale than the past days. He removed a few strands of hair on her face. Amber woke up and was surprised that he was there smiling at her.

"Is this a dream?" She sat up, and he laughed at her

"No silly! I have to tell you something.." He looked down

"What is it?" She placed her hand on top of his hand feeling a bit worried. It was silent for a second.

"My friends are going to pick me up this afternoon.. So I only have a few hours left to spend some time with you." She smiled at him weakly

"You can visit me anytime right?" He stared at her with a frown

"My parents want me to study abroad for two years.. But I want to stay here with you.."

She cupped his face still smiling

"Don't be selfish, Your parents are more important. Believe me.."

"bu-"

before he could finish his sentence, Amber kissed him on the lips then suddenly broke the kiss, eye smiled him and she laughed when she saw his surprised expression and a tomato red face

"Here, I'm letting you borrow this but you have to return it to me"

"But how would I find you?"

"I'll still be here when you're done reading it, don't worry" she assured him and patted his shoulder.

She insisted that he should read it aloud at her the book in spending their last hours. She smiled while hearing him read aloud then she slowly closed her eyes and fell asleep. Jiyong was only half way in the book when he saw her already sleeping and it was almost time for him to leave. Before he left he kissed her forehead then whispered

"I'll be back.. I promise.." then closed the door and she didn't even realized that he was already gone.

 

"Jiyooong!! I missed youu!!" Daesung ran up to him and hugged him tight then the rest followed

"That Get Well card I gave must've done the trick!" Seunghyun said patting his back

"Thanks dude"

"Was it boring stying here the whole time?" Dongbae asked jokingly

"No, not really. It was actually fun staying here. I met someone.." 

"A nurse? You dirty dog Hyung!" Seungri pinched his cheeks

"Idiot! No! Another patient like me, She was nice.. But I promised her that I'd visit her"

"How? We have to leave after a week for abroad" Seunghyun reminded him

"Maybe the day after tomorrow, I have to give her back this book. It's very valuable to her"

"D'awwwwwwww~ Hyuuung~! You just met her and you instantly became a book worm" They all laughed at Daesung's comment.

 

Then three nurses and Amber's doctor ran passed by them and turned to the left hallway, where coincidentally Amber's room was just a few doors away. He stared at the empty hall and he felt something was wrong but then his friends made him forget about that thought. And left still looking at the hallway where they turned to at.

 

 

 

 

Update~! :D This is their past. :3 i still haven't mentioned what her sickness is HAHAHAHAHAHA you'll know it soon xD

Please comment/subscribe/upvote AH! Thank you for reading this fic~ It really helps me a lot the you comment about this haha 

It motivates me more to write and update almost everyday :3 i think XD

I'm a very lazy person so this is really a big thing for me.

 

BYIIIIEEEEEEEE~!