19 I Knew It

Ever Enough

 

Kai: Taemin was my best friend in class, even if exo was my family Taemin was my only friend outside exo. The other guys would get jealous, so I end up in fights. Taemin would always be there to save me. I've always been a pain in the but he never left me, even if exo was there we'd always have time to hang out. 

"Tae' is the weather today, okay?" Taemin looked up.

"Yeah. Why?" When Taemin looked at Kai's spot he was gone.

"Good! It's the perfect time to flirt with her!" Kai was already at the door ready to leave.

"Yah Kai!" Kai stopped and looked at Taemin who was laughing.

"Good Luck! You're really gonna need it!" he shouted then Kai gave him a thumbs up and ran down the flight of stairs.

"Hey Amber!" Daesung waved at Amber to get her attention. He was walking with Jiyong and Seunghyun.

Amber waved and smiled at him then Jiyong started laughing, Amber gave him a questioning look. Jiyong pointed his finger at his lips

Huh?! Why is he pointing at his lips Amber's face turned pink then Jiyong smiled and gestured his finger again and pointed at his lips then pointed at her.

"Oh! Sorry!" Amber took her napkin and wiped her lips.

I wish I could disappear right now. I really wish. then Jiyong left and waved goodbye.

Then Amber heard a can clank and she looked behind her then she stood up and went to the person's side

"Hey Lay! Do you want some Lays?" I offered him some chips and we both laughed and he took some

"Woah dude! That's cannibalism!" I joked and he just devoured on the chips

"haha. What are you doing here Amber?"

"I should be asking you that question Lay."

"I always go here and watch them practice" He said smiling.

Oh I see!

"Why don't you join them?" He looked at me surprised.

"Amber.." his smile became a frown and places his hand on my shoulder.

"I've always wanted to join them but.. They don't accept guys."

"Then let's ask them and you can audition"

"N-No.. I can't" He laughed dryly

"Come on Lay!" Amber dragged Lay down to the girls' practice, holding on his wrist. Lay blushed at their sudden skinship. 

"Hey guys! What if I recruit you some guys?" I suggested then they all looked at each other

"That would be great Amber but we tried that once before but no one volunteered" 

"Really?" I looked at Lay and looked disappointed.

"I think that was when I went back to my home town for a week and I missed it.."

"Really?! You're good at this? We're classmates and yet you never told me?! Lay!" Hyoyeon smacked his arm then placed her hands on his shoulder and kept on shaking him.

"You! Should! Have! Told! MEEE!" She was so happy for some reason that Lay wanted to join

"Hold up. Even if we put him in the squad it's no use, he's the only guy." Chaerin said a bit disappointed.

"Yeah.. I don't even think the others would even join.." Sulli pouted

"Leave it to me!" they all looked at me

"I'll find them with the help of Lay!" I put my arm around his neck.

"I'll help." we all looked behind us on who the familiar voice came from

"Kai? You would?" I asked smiling

"Yeah!" he removed my arm from Lay then everyone giggled

*ehem* jealous *ehem* Dara choked then everyone laughed.

"Okay. It's up to you Amber, we'll leave everything to you. But if by the end of the week you haven't found anyone we can't put any male in the squad because we need to practice quick." Jessica reminded and we three nodded.

 

"Kai, you suddenly popped out of nowhere." I said. We were walking down the hallways trying to find someone who would fit. Well mostly it was Lay who was serious because Kai kept on talking to me.

"So why don't you try dating me?" He kept on asking me over and over.

"Kai." I said

"Yes?" he used his signature "lady killer smile" that I didn't find amusing as the other girls. I patted his left cheek and followed Lay.

"So is that a Yes?" 

 

 

Kris promised that he'd teach me at lunch time. But he never came, I was a bit disappointed but I had to finish the assignment. I was at my favorite spot in school; the garden. The garden was a big green house, the roof was shaped like a dome so it was really big. Not everyone goes there so it was peaceful all the time.

"Having trouble?" I was startled when someone spoke up

"P-Pres Jiyong! You scared me." I fixed my uniform and he sat next to me. It was silent for a second then I had to break the dead silence.

"Can I.. Can I still call you.. G.D.?" I was fidgeting with my short skirt then Jiyong stand up and removed his school coat and placed it on my lap, like when we first met.

"Of course. I've always wanted for you to call me that again.. but I just couldn't ask you.." he said than sat back again, the silence was back again and the birds were the only ones we hear.

I have to clear things with him now

"G.D. I.. I remembered everything.." I looked at him then his eyes widened

"You do?" I nodded lightly

"You even promised me that.. you'd return me the book.. and visit me.."

No. You're tearing up again Amber. Don't cry in front of him. 

He sighed and ran his hand on his hair then looked at me

"Amber. I did visit you countless times before I left abroad but they wouldn't let me. They said you.. that you went crazy-"

"And you believed them?" I looked at him straight in the eyes and he shook his head

"No! I would never!" A tear escaped my eye and he wiped it

"I missed you. So much. I only came back this summer and I was so happy that I met you again. But when I met you, you didn't recognize me so I never bothered to tell you the truth. I was really happy that we even became classmates."

He hugged me tight "It must've been fate.." he said, I broke down and cried on him.

"G.D. I missed you too.." I was crying tears of joy.

 

By the end of the week we actually found 4 students who were willing to join, all they needed was a push. Lay was really happy and can now join the team. Exo was so happy for him that they celebrated with a karaoke. They even invited me, I didn't want to but Lay wanted to say his thanks. I texted Jjong hyung that I'll be home late and that my friends will just bring me home.

"To Lay!" Chen raised his can then we all followed "TO LAY!" it was so fun, we sang and danced all night except for Kris who was only drinking and sitting at the end. After a few more drinks, I felt a little dizzy.

It must be the drink, I should stop now. I noticed Kris staring at me from the corner of my eye then he left the room then Lay tapped on my shoulder

"Can I talk to you privately? With lesser noise?"

"Okay" 

 

I went to the bathroom to splash my face with water. I looked at myself in the mirror than punched it.

"DAMN IT!" I didn't care if it hurt.

! Why did I ever cling onto her? I knew this would happen.. I didn't like this new feeling.. She should've never entered my life. 

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" I shouted in front of the mirror.

Flashback

I was late, I was going to teach Amber. A smile was playing on my lips. But I was too late, someone beat me to her. I wanted to leave them alone but my feet wouldn't move and I heard every word of their conversation. It was Jiyong she cried about when we went to the hospital. 

End of flashback

 

I hated this aching in my heart..

 

"What do you wanna talk about Lay?" I asked rubbing both my hands, it was really cold outside.

"I wanted to say thank you. Thank You for helping me." He smiled at me

"You're welcome Lay." I laughed and hugged him

"I wanted to confess to you, but I already know you'd reject me." he said whispering to me then I broke the hug and looked at him

"Lay. I-I.." he cupped my face and kissed me on the forehead then I didn't feel cold anymore

"I'll take that as a replacement from your rejection. Because I know I have competition." He was laughing at me and I was lost for words. My mouth shaped an 'O' because I was really lost for words. Then he ruffled my hair and he pulled me to go back inside.

"Lay.." I said and ruffled his hair.

 

 

BYIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE~! :D