8 You Just Can't

Ever Enough

"Kris, she's freaking out. Let her go" Chanyeol placed his hand on Kris' shoulder.

Amber was shaking, 'I have to follow Hyoyeon..' Amber remembered then she wiped her tears and she pushed Kris of off her and bowed "Thank You for saving me, but I have to go" Amber looked both sides of the road, so this time she would be more careful. "Kris, How did you know she was there?" Kyungsoo asked.

 

We were already at the entrance of the school, about to leave when I saw Amber walk up to snsd and asked Sunny something, then she ran for the gates "Hyoyeon! Wait!" she shouted but she wasn't looking where she was going, then I heard a loud honk and saw a speeding car from a far, then I saw Amber was just staring at the car about to pass, then it felt like time became slow, my legs moved on their own and ran towards her to pull her on the side and I held on her tight like she was going to be taken away from me. It was so fast, everyone was staring at us, but I didn't care then I pulled her away from my chest and held both her arms tight "DO YOU WANNA DIE?! YOU ALMOST GOT HIT!" She scared me to death, what if she really died? She was shaking "I'm s-sorry.." she stuttered "SORRY?!" "I don't know.." I lied.

"Well, at least you saved her" Minseok patted my shoulder

"Now let's go, I'm getting kinda hungry" Chen said rubbing his stomach, they literally changed the topic like it was nothing.

"Wait, shouldn't we check if she was okay?" Suho asked

"I'll follow her" I said

"Woah, you sure?" LuHan looking worried

"Take care of her okay hyung?" Sehun nodded then I ran to catch up to her.

Where did she go? I looked at all directions and I was literally lost, I don't know this street.

 

I was about to give up and turned back but then I saw Kris running towards me, he really is fast.

"Kris.. W-what are you doing here?" I felt nervous

"I had to check up on you if you were injured or something" He said with a straight face.

I couldn't tell if he was concerned or was just forced because his face was like the same old Kris I see in school.

"I'm fine, no need to worry" I said smiling weakly.

"This is all your fault!" I heard a man's voice just a house away and then I hid by a post and pulled Kris too.

"What's wrong?"

"Shhh" I put my finger on my lips to signal him and he followed. 

Then my eyes widened at what I saw. The man punched Hyoyeon on the cemented ground, and I gasped and was about to go and have a little talk to the man but Kris pulled me back. I clenched my fists. I wanted to know what happened. I wanted to help her.  She ran past by us and had her head down. I saw a huge bruise on her left cheek and she wore her hoodie up. I didn't think she would notice us. She might have humiliated me in school but that was in the past and I just want to help her and her friends who're just concerned about her.

"Wait, you're gonna follow her?" Kris pulled me back on the shoulder

"I have to."

"I'll come with you" He said following behind me, but I had to make a reason for him not to come because at the back of my head I didn't want him to get involved but another voice inside was saying 'no, let him stay by your side'

"Okay, just don't let her see you" We were following Hyoyeon.

She went inside a drug store and bought something. I wanted to look closer but she was too far. We were behind a post.

"I thought you said not to let her see us? You're clearly gaining attention from strangers walking past us" He was leaning on the wall and I bent down a little

"I'm not seen anyway" I said facing him and I saw that he wasn't paying attention to me and was looking at something behind me. I looked back and saw Hyoyeon standing staring down at me.

"Are you two dating secretly or something?" I blushed hard on her question

"No!" we unison and looked at each other I saw him blush too. She was holding on a plastic bag. I cleared my throat

"Hyoyeon, I wanted to know what's happening to you, your friends are really concerned about you. Why do you have that bruise?" She hid her left side of her cheek more on her hoodie

"Mind your own business Liu.." Then she walked past us again

"Hyoyeon wait! I just want to help you!" she stopped walking and turned her head a little

"I don't need any help from anyone especially from a butterfly like you. Just leave me alone!" I saw a tear fall from her cheek and gripped on the plastic bag she was holding. A butterfly like me? What does she mean by that? "Hyoyeon please.. Your friends are really worried about you.. At least let them listen to your problems" I advised her and she just shrugged it and left.

"I wont give up!" I shouted at her. I know she heard me.

 

"Are you always this friendly with people? You even go to the point where you want to help the person in any way you can even if you don't really know that person well?" We were walking back to the school and I stopped when he said that.

"So what are you trying to say?" I asked

"I'm saying is that your just wasting your precious time with helping strangers. Why do you even want to help Hyoyeon? She's just someone you met"

Why was he lecturing me like he knows life better than I do?

"What's wrong with helping others?" I asked cluelessly

"It's just that-"

"What? I know I don't have the right to mind others business, but I don't want other people to worry about their loved ones. And I know it's stupid but If it was my fault or my doings that made them like that, then I have to set things right. Is that a sinful thing to do?" I sighed and through my hands in the air

"I'm sorry Kris.. You wouldn't understand.." My conscience was right, I shouldn't have brought him with me. And maybe I shouldn't have wanted him to be my friend..

"Well I better go.." I said then on cue Donghae hyung's car stopped in front of us

"I'm so sorry I'm late Amber.. There was some co-worker who-"

"Save it hyung.. I feel really tired right now and I think I have a headache.." I wasn't feeling really well

"Okay.." Then we drove forgetting that Kris was behind me awhile ago.

 

Why was I just standing? Why didn't I pull her back and apologize? Kris you're so stupid!