29 Interrobang

Ever Enough

 

I was sitting by the waiting area inside the hospital. My friends were all there, quiet and all their heads were bowed.

They were.. all sad and grieving.

 

Why is that?

 

Kai was beside me and he was comforting D.O who was crying silently.

Suho was with.. Nurse Victoria? The nurse was crying on Suho, why?

Sehun was murmuring words.

Chen, Lay, Minseok, and Tao were all leaning on the wall, not talking to each other.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun just came out of the door in front of us and I saw both of them trying to hold back their tears.

Luhan was at my other side, his eyes were red and then he patted my back.

 

"She's withering.. Our flower is withering" He looked so depressed

 

Huh? Who?

 

Then the the door in front of us opened and revealed Jiyong who looked at everyone then shifted his gaze at me with swollen red eyes.

 

"She wants you.." I stood up

 

Who are you talking about? but I couldn't open my mouth and say even just a single word. I went inside the room and revealed family members of someone.. someone I know. They all looked at me then left, all of them. I was left alone in the room and saw someone lying on the bed.

She looked so pale, and yet so beautiful. It was.. Amber? Why is she-

 

"Kris?" she whispered.

I sat down on a stool near the bed and went closer to her. 

"Why are you here? Are you sick?"

I removed a few strands of hair on her forehead then she slowly took my hand and held it tight.

"You're cold.." Why was she so cold? I held her hand tighter to make it feel warm then she put her other hand on my cheek then I looked into her eyes.

 

"Kris.."

 

"..Goodbye"

 

Huh? Goodbye? then she closed her eyes. 

 

 

 

I woke up sweating like crazy. I sat up then I rested my head on my right hand, staring at nowhere.

Why did I dream about her? She was sick. Everyone was there crying.. Why her? Of all people, why her? Is she that special to me? 

I quickly went to the bathroom and washed my face then I looked at myself in front of the mirror.

Why was she in a hospital bed in my dream? 

I took a shower and went downstairs to eat. Chanyeol, Beakhyun, and Lay were already there eating. One of the members always stay at my place and eat breakfast.

"Morning honey." I kissed my mom on the forehead then she looked at me with a blank expression

"You okay there son? You look pale."

"It's just an empty stomach." I smiled then I sat down at the table and saw everyone looking at me.

"What?" They looked at each other then one by one went back to eating their breakfast. 

 

Chanyeol drove us to school. I suggested to mom and Chanyeol that we should take the car instead, good thing they didn't ask why. I don't want to see Amber yet, I feel so embarrassed almost kissing her last night. Last night Tao picked me up and drove us home. Lay and the others were already there. I quickly went upstairs and lied on the bed. I didn't want to talk to anyone else last night. 

 

 

 

I waited at the bus stop like every other morning with Minhyun and Ren.

"You okay Amber?" Ren looked at me with worried eyes

"Of course." I smiled brightly at him and he just ruffled my hair. I didn't see Kris with His friends on the bus.

 

Everyday was the same, I hang out with Ren and Minhyun in the morning then in classes, I would usually space out in class and Mr. Kwon would scold me at times.

Kris would not talk to me and neither did I.

I would talk to Jiyong and Young bae at break time and then in the afternoon I would watch Chanyeol's basketball game practice. I don't see exo hanging out anymore in their usual spot in the cafeteria.

Chanyeol became busy with practice in the afternoons.

Baekhyun would bring me to the park and cafes before he brings me home. We would talk for hours and hours about songs, artists that were popular now, and we would sing together sometimes.

He made me smile for a lot of reasons but then Beakhyun and his dad had to go to their hometown for a few days and take care of his grandmother who was dying of old age. I thought Chanyeol would come with them but he didn't because he wasn't really part of their family and he said that he and Baekhyun's mom would stay here. I text Baekhyun when I have time and ask how he's doing there. He would always be glad to receive my messages.

Chanyeol was Baekhyun's replacement in bringing me home. Even when he has basketball practice, he always sneaks out just to bring me home. I didn't want him to bail on his practice because of me but this is also a way of making Uncle Shindong pay for bringing Kris home for no reason.

Kris. Tch.

He made me almost fall for his trap, I knew he was just playing.

 

I stopped walking when I realizes that Chanyeol wasn't beside me then I looked behind me and saw him staring at me

"Amber.. Will you.." I faced him "Will you watch me play the game on friday? B-Baekhyun would also watch because he'll come home tomorrow." He shifted his gaze at the ground

"Of course! I wouldn't miss it for the world~!" I grinned then he jumped happily and suddenly hugged me then lifted me up

"I'll be there cheering for you." I patted his head then put me down gently.

"Thanks Amber!" We said goodbye when we reached home and he went back to school for practice. 

 

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V.

"CHANYEOL! YOU SNEAKED OUT AGAIN DIDN'T YOU?!?" Coach shouted at me, but I couldn't care less because Amber's going to watch me play.

"I just brought Amber Liu home coach, no need to waste your voice at me. Save it for the finals." I said smiling at him. He gasped when he heard me mention Amber

"You brought my niece home?" I nodded

"..Get back to practice. Now!" He whistled then I ran towards the guys playing

"I'm back!" 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm home!" I shouted

"Hey Amber!" It was Vic unnie

"Unnieee!! What are you doing here?" I hugged her tight

"Jonghyun invited me over."

"Hello Amber!" my eyes widened when I saw him

"K-Kyuhyun oppa, you're with Vic unnie?"

"Yup! Jonghyun invited me too." He smiled then back hugged unnie

"Let's go take a sit Kyu~" 

 

 

Meanwhile.. 

"Suho will you stop crying?!" Luhan was pissed off.

"I-I caaaaaan't! She's engaged already!"

"Yah! Cry in the bathroom! Your ugly crying is messing up my appetite!" Minseok was munching on Kyungsoo's home made burger patties.

"How can you two be so cruel?! This is my house you're staying in and yet you two wouldn't even support me!"

"She's like 10 years older than you! Get over yourself Suho!" Luhan shouted at him

"Guys c'mon give Suho a break, he's depressed right now because the girl he likes rejected him." Kyungsoo who was still frying some patties scolded Luhan and Minseok

"I'm smelling something fishy here.. Why the sudden concern D.O? Were you rejected by someone too?" Minseok asked who just finished his last bite.

"Yeah.. Who?" Luhan asked

"Am- ummm My next batch of patties are almost done!" Kyungsoo changed the topic

"Yeah! New batch!" Luhan shouted 

"dibs on the biggest patty!" Minseok raised his plate. 

"I hate all of you! All you think about is food!!" Suho ran like a little girl to the bathroom.

 

 

We were celebrating Jjong hyung's success on his 2nd Album along with Onew oppa and Luna unnie. Few of our close friends came to celebrate with us: Vic unnie, Kyuhyun oppa, Ga In unnie, Uncle Shindong who just came from school with Uncle Jo Kwon.

"Jjong hyung, where's Donghae hyung?" I asked looking around the living room, Hyung leaned in and whispered

"In his room. Depressed."

"Why? About what?" Jjong hyung pointed at someone with his lips. I looked at the direction his lips pointed

"Vic unnie and Kyuhyun oppa? ..Ohhhh.." I giggled

"I'll cheer him up." I went upstairs and knocked on Hae hyung's door

"Hyung! Open the door! It's me Amber!"

"Go away! You knew about this didn't you?! You're not my sister anymore!" he shouted behind the door

You're so like Suho..

"Open the damn door hyung, or I'll-"

 

My head hurts.. Why do I suddenly feel so weak and tired..

 

"Donghae.. Hyung.. help.." I suddenly fell on the floor and a huge thud was heard.

Everything went black.

 

Donghae heard the thud and opened the door

"Alright! Come in- Jonghyun! Jonghyun!" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What happened to amber? :O Oh noh! 

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUN 

 

thanks for always reading!

Ghost readers please comment :( it really helps me a lot if you do. Pwitty pwease? With llamas on top? \(O u O\  )

 

until now I don't have a story poster *face palm*  it's almost ending I always forget to do one.. aish..

 

BYIEEEEEEEEEE~! :3