41 Us

Ever Enough

 

"I'm sorry Jiyong.. I lied."

 

 

After Amber's long confession to Jiyong, she expected that he'd be angry and he was but half of it wasn't. He promised that he'd stay by her side no matter what and he will as promised. Their plan on going to the park was cancelled because of Amber's surprising confession

"Amber, I don't want to lose you.. You said you love me right? So please don't be selfish enough to fight this alone."

Jiyong squeezed both her hands, forcing himself not to burst out crying in front of her. Mixed emotions filled Jiyong, weight was on his throat. He didn't like it when there was weight, he hated it because he knows something will happen. 

"I'm not even fighting G.D..." She muttered

"Stop it! Why do say as though it's not something to be concerned about?! Amber please.." He couldn't hold it in anymore and hugged her tight, hid his tears on her shoulder. Amber's face was blank while Jiyong's silent sobs kept running down his cheeks and made her sweater wet. She slowly returned the hug then patted his back.

Now that I think about it.. I did give up already.. Years ago.

"Let's go home.. Your brothers might get worried.." Jiyong wiped his tears. This is also one of the reasons on why she doesn't want to tell anyone, it's because everyone around her will treat her like a fragile and weak person, and she doesn't want people around her to act all caring like the last time.

"I'm sorry Jiyong.."

Amber placed her hand on Jiyong's shoulder and pulled him in for a kiss. Jiyong was starting to feel Amber's cold and lifeless lips, but that didn't stop him from giving up on her also. Jiyong forcefully kissed her back and pulled her closer.

"Jiyong"

"Sto-top it.."

Amber said in between their kiss but Jiyong wouldn't stop then he started to trail down kisses to her neck, Amber tried pushing Jiyong away but she was too weak to push him.

"D-Dragon.." Jiyong slowly stopped kissing her neck and slowly looked up to Amber closed eyes and red face. Jiyong rested his forehead on hers

"I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry.. I couldn't help myself Amber.. I.." He sighed and cupped her face but Amber's eyes were still closed and tears started falling on Amber's cheeks then Jiyong wiped it with his thumbs.

"Mianhe Amber.. I didn't mean to scare you like that." Amber pouted and shook her head, Amber held Jiyong's hands that was still cupping her face and made small circles on the back of his hands and gave Jiyong her eye smile he always loved so much.

"I don't want you to regret anything because this isn't your fault and it will never will so.. don't blame yourself okay?" Amber smiled teeth showing and Jiyong looked into Amber's eyes for reassurance before he nodded

"Okay."

 

The night Amber went home after their date, Amber was greeted with scolding and cries from his dear brothers. They told Amber about her stupid little concealer to hide the truth and wouldn't let Amber explain her side, Key pulled Jonghyun away from Amber and Donghae told Amber to stop her nonsense about hiding her illness, but her hard headedness wouldn't listen to her brothers. She cried herself to sleep after her quarrel with her brothers. She dreamed about Jiyong and Kris again, telling her which one to choose but everytime she chooses, she wakes up with cold sweat and sometimes when Jonghyun or Donghae hears it, they would rush immediately to her room to comfort her.

I was supposed to walk to the bus stop like any other school day but Donghae hyung insisted in driving me to the bus stop. He even waited for Ren and Minhyun to come to my side and take me to school. Now I was in no mood at all.. 

"Good Morning Amber!!" Minhyun ran towards me like a school boy while Ren looked more manly than usual with his hands inside his pocket and smirking at me.

"Good morning you two.." I smiled and Ren suddenly frowned and went closer to me, examining my face.

"You look pale.. Are you sleeping properly?" He asked with concern and I nodded lightly with my usual smile

"Yup! don't worry about me." then the bus came, I watched as Minhyun went up first, Ren second then he offered his hand to me with his warm smile

"C'mon! You don't wanna be late right?" I stared at his hand and slowly took it and slowly went up as well. I told Ren that I'd sit in front so that I'd be closer to the door and he didn't ask why and said okay. I only noticed after I sat down that my seatmate was Kris.

"You okay?" He asked

 

 

"Good Morning Kris. I'm sorry if we didn't contact all day yesterday." Amber didn't answer my question, she became more pale than the last time we met..

Should I tell her? That I know what she's going through? I stared at her face, from her almond shaped eyes then her nose then down to her plump slight red lips.

"Kris.. My eyes are up here." I watched as her lips say that then snapped back to reality.

"S-Sorry.." She looked away

"Amber.. I.. I know that you're hide-"

"We're here. Everybody out, Now!" The grumpy bus driver shouted then everyone started leaving one by one

"What did you say Kris?" I asked

"Umm nevermind.. Let's go."

 

 

I saw Sunny talking to Seunghyun by the door then Sunny nodded and Seunghyun left.

"Bad news guys, Jiyong is absent for today so I'll be in charged for today." She announced.

He's absent? Why? He looked perfectly fine yesterday. I feel exhausted.. I should just take a nap before Mr. Kwon come's in.

 

 

I watched as Amber reacted when Jiyong was absent then she rested her crossed arms on her desk then bowed her head, she might be just taking a nap. When Mr. Kwon came in, I was surprised that he didn't notice Amber sleeping because he just started lecturing. Her head slowly shifted to her left and was her face was now facing me. She looked really pale.. Kris slowly extended his arm and removed a few hair strands and placed it behind her ear then Amber furrowed her eyebrows. She must be having a nightmare.. A tear dripped down on her cheek then Kris brushed it away with his thumb.

"I promise to stay by your side.. No matter what.." Kris whispered to her and Amber's expression became calmer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

OTL I'm so sorry.. Few more.. uuugh.. 

BYIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE~! :3