Day Two

A Month of Kim Jongdae

‘Wake up.’ Now a more subtle voice woke her up. She hastily opened her eyes, afraid of what she might see.

‘Hey. Good morning,’ a baby faced man greeted her, and she blinked her eyes at him which made the man copy her actions. She instinctively backed away, avoiding the scrutinizing stare of the man.

‘Hey, I won’t hurt you. I promise,’ he said it so calmly that she almost believed he was unlike the others.

‘I’m Luhan, by the way.’ He reached out his hand for her to shake. She just stared at it with uncertainty.

‘I won’t bite. I’m not like them,’ he assured, as if reading her mind. He chuckled at her startled expression. He gawked at her and rolled his eyes playfully. He scooted beside her and sat at the empty space beside her.

‘Relax. I’m gay,’ he whispered the last part and it made her jerk her shoulders quite harshly. He chuckled and indeed, the femininity in his voice was quite evident now.

‘But you can’t tell them, though. Or else Sehunnie and I will be in big trouble, my dear.’ He blew his bangs away from his face and smiled lovingly at her. She frowned unconsciously and he noticed it.

‘Why the long face, darling? And why am I the only one who’s talking here?’ Seeing that she still wouldn’t speak, he let out a sigh.

‘You can trust me, you know. I might be the only one you could talk to,’ he said as he looked at her in concern. She heaved a sigh and bowed her head.

‘Why am I here?’ she finally asked. ‘I don’t get it sometimes. Life is so unfair.’ She choked on her sobs and Luhan put her head on his shoulder while patting her head.

‘You’ll find out soon enough, darling. I’m sorry if they’re treating you this way. Those stupid jerks just don’t learn. Isn’t it obvious that you’ve done nothing wrong?’ he was more of talking to himself than to her since she didn’t really understand where he was getting at.

‘Don’t worry, everything will end soon enough.. I hope.’ He stood up and dusted his pants before he smiled down at her.

‘I’ll be here if you need anything.’


‘What did duizhang say?’ one of them asked Baekhyun who was busy puffing on a cigarette stick.

‘He said to keep her alive as long as possible. He wants to see her when he comes back,’ he replied with a boring tone.

‘Of course he’d want to see her, isn’t that why we’ve kidnapped her?’ Kyungsoo asked.

‘Kim Jongdae will be so pissed,’ the tall guy with dark eyes said. Every one of them chuckled in amusement.


She was pulled out of the room since she first struggled when they laid hands on her but it was better to just follow than get hurt.

‘Eat,’ one commanded and handed her a plate. She stared at it and looked away. That ticked of one of the men and he quickly approached her.

‘When we say eat, you eat!’ he shouted. She remained unfazed and she wondered where the hell she got her courage from.

‘Stop it, Kai, it’s not worth it,’ Luhan sounded like he didn’t care but the truth is he didn’t want Kai to shout at the poor girl.

‘What’s your name, girl?’ the man beside Luhan, who she presumed was the ‘Sehunnie’ asked her. She just looked him in the eyes but didn’t say a word. Sehun should have been offended but since Luhan told him her story, he just kept quiet.

‘This little piece of-‘

‘Jongin, I said stop,’ Luhan sounded so serious that she began to wonder if he was the same baby faced guy she had a talk with earlier. Jongin backed away, his eyes still drilling on her.

‘Just tell your name, woman,’ Luhan ordered and looked her in the eye. She saw some concern on his eyes but moreover, she saw the panic he felt. Just tell them your name, darling, he thought to himself.

‘My name’s Katherine,’ she whispered, her head bowed down. Now not only did she give them her dignity, she also gave them her identity.

‘Drink this,’ one man ordered. Luhan looked shocked and by his expression, she knew things wouldn’t go well again.

‘Is that necessary?’ Luhan tried to sound authoritative but s only chuckled.

‘Said duizhang himself,’ Baekhyun replied with a smirk.

Duizhang? Why did it sound familiar?

They handed her the cup of unknown liquid and she stared at it before inching the cup to her lips. She was fighting with herself whether to drink or to get in trouble.

I’ll get in trouble both ways anyway, she thought as she gulped down the liquid. Slowly but surely, her vision started to blur and the last thing she saw was Luhan’s concerned eyes.


‘Tell duizhang I can’t go there now. I have something more important to do,’ Jongdae said through his phone. He ended the call and snuggled closer to her. She smiled sheepishly as she ran her fingers through her hair.

‘Who’s duizhang, Jongdae? You always seem to get in trouble because of him,’ she said as she closed her drowsy eyes. He chuckled and kissed her forehead.

‘He’s my boss, Kat, and I’m always getting in trouble because of you,’ he joked. She giggled.

‘Oh really now?’ she asked teasingly. He smiled.

What she didn’t know was why that duizhang guy was always calling Jongdae. He didn’t want her to know why. No, not ever.


When she woke up, her hands and feet felt numb. She tried to shake her head so that she could adjust to the lighting. She wandered her eyes at every corner. The room was way bigger and cleaner than the dusty room she was once in and her back didn’t hurt anymore since she was lying in a soft bed.

Only, her hands and feet were tied to each poles of it.

She widened her eyes in panic. Being tied up didn’t mean anything good. She heard the splashing of water stop at the door on her left and moments later, she heard the twisting of the knob.

He went out of the bathroom, a towel tied to cover his lower body while his upper glory was exposed.

She smelled a fresh scent of both lavender and lime and she momentarily closed her eyes.

It smells like Jongdae.. but her thoughts were broken when she felt the presence beside her. A cold and slightly wet hand touched her face and she quickly opened her eyes.

‘I’ve been expecting you for so long, Katherine,’ he whispered in her ear and it sent horrifying shivers down her spine. She felt bare even if she still was fully dressed.

‘W-who are you?’ she had the courage to mutter. She gulped down as she saw him smirk.

‘I’m Kris, Katherine. I’m your soon-to-be husband.’


Chapter two, done :)

How's it so far? Any suggestions? Or violent reactions? Hihi :)

Stay tuned, yes? ♥