Day Twenty-nine PREVIEW

A Month of Kim Jongdae

Sobbing, he pushed Katherine's hair to the back of her ear.

'Don't cry, it doesn't suit you,' he tried to chuckle off, only to squint miserably at the pain that was radiating from the bottom part of his abdomen. Apparently, the gauze that she had miraculously saved for emergency wasn't enough to salvage the blood loss from that area. Looking down his body, she couldn't help but let out her own cries of despair as she saw another wound on his left thigh.

'Damn it,' she cursed, trying to apply pressure to his left thigh in which he could only watch her with sad eyes. She kept on sniffing back her tears, only to be replaced with a set of new ones.

'Hey, you can stop now,' he called, gently pushing her small hands away. She stared at him with wide eyes -- what did he mean by 'stop'?

'W-what?' she stuttered, trying to keep calm. He smiled at her weakly, 'Kat, I need to go,' he whispered. She shook her head, 'don't you dare.' He chuckled in response before closing his eyes briefly.

For a moment her heart stopped and she stared blankly at him, 'hey..' she called as she tried to shake his body up. He didn't respond, but he smiled, 'yes?'

'Don't joke me like that!' she shivered as she held his body near hers. There were distance sounds from the other part of the room and she had to keep quiet.

'Don't talk too loud, he'll hear you,' he whispered to which she shivered yet again in fear.

'Don't leave me, please,' she begged him but he just smiled weakly at her. He was tired, and he couldn't do much anymore.

'I'm sorry, Kat,'

'Ssh, don't talk like that!'

'I love you,'

It was turning quiet, and all that was ever heard was the sound of her sobs.

'I love you too. So much,' she said and kissed his lips.

'Ew,' he muttered, still able to laugh at her.

'I really do,' she sniffed.

'And I do love you too,' he huffed with all the might he could muster up. It wouldn't be long until he gave up, and both of them knew it.

'Be happy, okay?'

Her tears pooled out of her eyes before she hugged him tightly and sobbed shamelessly but with a little control. Kris was just nearby and she didn't want to risk both of their safety. She doubted if he would hold on longer, but she held onto whatever string of hope she could. She didn't want to let him go, no, she didn't want to be left alone yet again.

'Are you tired?' she asked, her voice shaking as she tried to minimize her volume. She couldn't talk loudly anyway -- she was too tired as well. She was bleeding and her legs felt numb.

He nodded with furrowed brows, indicating that he was already in a lot of pain.

'I love you, Kat,' he cried, finally letting out his frustrations, 'keep safe,' he added. She nodded and closed her eyes as she nuzzled under his neck, not wanting to witness him drawing his last breath.

'Good bye,' he whispered as his grip around her loosened. She sat helplessly for a few moments before she lifted her head up, tears staining her flushed cheeks.

'Jongdae?' she asked, to which no one answered.

 


Explanations shall follow after I get home from school. I shall EXPLAIN EVERYTHING behind my one month delay. UGH. Sorry :(

Chelsea says hi! ^^ Give her love <3