Day Six

A Month of Kim Jongdae

-JONGDAE-

The moment she didn’t show up the day they were supposed to meet, he knew that something went wrong. He mentally cursed as he remembered that he was supposed to fetch her but canceled all of a sudden since he had to deal with some matters with Kris.

Damn you, Wu Fan.  It was past ten in the evening and she still wasn’t there for their date.

He knew she was going to get in trouble but still, he didn’t do anything about it.


-KRIS-

He had gone to his own room after she practically kicked him out from their room. Yes, their room. He had the room already done even before. He was just positive that she will be his. But then Jongdae came into the picture and his plans were spoiled.


‘Yo, duizhang. I got her number for you,’ Jongdae excitedly said. Kris was thrilled but he didn’t show it, of course.

‘Stop being so stubborn and give me you phone,’ Jongdae said as he rolled his eyes. Kris handed him his phone and Jongdae quickly punched in the numbers.

‘There you go. She’s expecting you to text her,’ he joked and winked before turning to leave. Kris blinked twice before looking at his phone.

Katherine Oh

What a beautiful name, Kris thought before he put the phone inside his pocket. He had the number of the first girl he probably had a crush on.


Kris snapped back to reality as he heard a knock on the door.

‘Come in,’ he ordered. Moments later, a wide-eyed Luhan, followed by a certain Sehun peeked in. Kris stared at them weirdly before his eyes turned bored once again.

‘What do you want, you two gayheads?’ he asked, totally unfazed. Luhan gasped, offended, as he huffed and folded his arms to his chest, ‘Is that how you talk to your hyung, Kris Wu?’ Kris only scoffed.

‘More like my noona, if you ask me,’ he replied in a boring tone.

‘Why you-‘

‘Luhan,’ Sehun whispered. Luhan drew in a breath before brushing his bangs off his face. He breathed in twice before he returned to his normal self.

‘So what do you want?’ Kris added a little subtler now.

Luhan now smiled. No matter how Kris may seem, he knew he was such a sweetheart. When he knew about Luhan and Sehun, he didn’t judge them. Luhan wanted to keep the secret just to the three of them since he knew that s would go and beat the crap out of him if they knew he was gay. That’s why Luhan was glad that Kris was mature enough to understand.

‘Oh nothing,’ Luhan said as he sat on Kris’ bed, ‘just wanted to catch up on you. How’s life, Kris?’ Luhan asked with a bright smile. Kris could swear he heard sarcasm in Luhan’s voice, but ignored it.

‘If you’re here to ask about Katherine, you may take your leave now,’ Kris said coldly. Bitterness was evident in his voice. Luhan wanted to chuckle but held it in.

‘Oh come on, Kris. We only come here once in a while. Can’t you be a little more narrative?’ Luhan asked. Kris sighed.

‘She loves Jongdae, okay? She still ing loves him!’ Kris exclaimed as his fist made contact with his wooden desk, making Luhan and Sehun jolt up a bit.

‘What do you expect, Kris? That she’ll love you in a matter of six days?’ Luhan asked sarcastically. Kris was too angry to even at Luhan.

‘She won’t even let me touch her,’ Kris said, obviously pained.

Why does life always have to be unfair to him?

‘Give her time, Kris. Jongdae, well, left a great impression on her and I doubt it’ll be easy to get rid of him from her system,’ Luhan said wisely before asking, ‘how long have they been.. dating, anyway?’ He tried to ask in t the calmest way he could since he knew Kris wouldn’t like the idea of Katherine with Jongdae.

‘Three years,’ he said in disbelief, ‘three ing years! How could I have not seen it? God, I’m so stupid!’ Kris exclaimed before bowing his head down in irritancy.

‘You were just blind, Kris, not stupid,’ Sehun butted in this time and the room fell silent.


‘Hey duizhang, how are things going with Katherine? I hope you don’t mind me texting her,’ Jongdae joked but Kris was too busy with his papers that he didn’t notice what Jongdae was saying. ‘Yeah, yeah, now go now Jongdae, I have a lot in my hands right now so I can’t really accommodate you. Sorry, bro,’ Kris said, his eyes and hands still on the pile of papers on his desk.


She had been walking around the room for a few hours now, trying to get rid of any disturbing thoughts from her mind. She walked aimlessly before stopping in front of a bookshelf. She scanned the books and she was shocked.

All of her favorite books were there,

as well as Jongdae’s.

What the hell? She thought. She convinced herself that it was merely a coincidence and she decided to just take a bath. She looked for the bathroom and when she did find it, she entered cautiously. Opening the lights, she was amazed on how spacious the bathroom was. Tiles of pastel blue and white covered the walls and the floor, whiled a big fluffy carpet was on the floor.

Blue – their favorite color.

She scanned the bathroom and looked at the products.

She held the familiar bottle of lavender and lime soap on her hands and she immediately thought of Jongdae. He always smelled so fresh after taking a shower. She smiled weakly, only to frown upon remembering the day when Kris stepped out of the bathroom, smelling the same as her man.

Soon-to-be husband my , she thought as she scoffed, mentally noting to tell Jongdae to change his preference of soap once she gets back.

If she could get back.

She took a towel from the ivory cabinet and started to fill up the tub with water. She squirted a good amount of the rose and strawberries scented shower soap on the water before stepping in. Bubbles started to appear and soon enough, she was covered with sweet-scented foam. She relaxed her body as she closed her eyes.


‘Baby, want to shower with me?’ Jongdae asked teasingly, making her roll her eyes.

‘ert.’

‘Oh come on, Kat, I bought you your favorite soap. You know I love it when you smell like strawberries,’ he said as he pouted.

‘You look stupid,’ she said.

‘But you love me,’ he rebutted.

That was it. She couldn’t disagree.


Chapter six, done :)

I'm sorry if I posted this a little late, I had to do my architectural plates :((

How's it so far? Any clues now? Or is it still bleak? :) Comment below! Thoughts are welcomed :D

Stay tuned, yes? ♥