Day Eight

A Month of Kim Jongdae

-JONGDAE-

It has been eight days. Or to make it simpler, a week and one day.

Today marked the first week and a day of her being absent in his sight. And he hated it, obviously. Nights and days passed without the sight of her. He felt ill. Life suddenly was sickening to him.

Apparently, waking up without the same small body beside him wasn’t his thing.

He missed her more than anyone could miss anything. She was his sunshine. Living without her might as well be as good as living in darkness for the rest of his life.

The thought of not being able to see her upon waking up and before going to bed was enough to make him feel like there’s nothing more to life that he would want to look forward to.

She was his past, present, and future. If she were gone, what would be left of him?

He wasn’t sure of the reason of her sudden disappearance but he surely hoped that what he thought was false. He didn’t want the thought of her in Kris’ presence. He didn’t want to see her in Kris’ arms, let alone be by Kris’ side.

He loves her so much and it wonders him how the hell he had survived eight ing days without her. He must be that heartless.

But no, he couldn’t be. No, he can’t possibly be heartless.

What was that thing that would have beaten inside his chest whenever he saw her smiling?

What was that thing that would have thumped loudly whenever he heard those three words from her?

What was that thing that would have dropped upon the thought of being without her?

No, he couldn’t possibly be heartless. He had a heart – a heart so crazily in love, and it was with her.


Having to have someone to open up to was a big relief to her. Luhan and her would often talk. They talked about everything – even the things she couldn’t and haven’t told Jongdae himself.

‘And why is that, dear?’ Luhan asked curiously. He had come to like talking to her and he had treated it as a routine.

‘Because,’ she said and looked at Luhan, ‘I was naive back then. I mean, I knew he tried to hit on me the moment he asked for my number, but I didn’t think he would go that far as to date me,’ she added shyly. Luhan chuckled, clearly pleased by her cute and shy expression.

‘Maybe I really was naïve back then. But he taught me things I needed to know. He became my father when I didn’t have one, and I’m so grateful to him for that,’ she said as she smiled weakly. ‘He was the one who was there for me, and he was the first to ever have interest in me.’

Luhan smiled weakly and whispered, ‘You’re still naïve until now,’

‘Hm?’

‘Nothing, dear,’ he smiled and she smiled.

That smile.

Kris had often seen that smile on her. It was the kind of smile which showed that she was happy. He hadn’t seen that smile whenever she was around him, or whenever she saw him, but he would see that smile when she was with Luhan.

And heck, he was certain she had that smile whenever she was with Jongdae. Lucky bastard, he cursed, more like it could do something to better his relationship with her, or to worsen her relationship with Jongdae.

He would just often sneak in and peek through the door. Occasionally, when she gets excited and raise her voice a tone higher, he would get the privilege of hearing what she was talking about.

But whenever she did, though, it was always about Jongdae. He wondered what was with that man that she found worth talking about. All he could think of was that man was a liar, and a user.

If only you knew, he said and felt bad for her. How ironic. He kidnapped her but now he feels bad for her.

Why?

He felt bad for her because she fell in love with Jongdae. If only she knew what type of person Jongdae really is, according to Kris, she would never have given that man a chance and Kris and her would have been together.

But no, things got out of hand, and Kris’ ‘perfect’ plan of making her his was slowly ignored.

And with that, Kris would remember why he had hated Jongdae ever since.

She was really supposed to be his, but Jongdae just had to ruin the picture.

Kris must’ve zoned out too long since he didn’t hear the rustling on the other side of the door, signaling that Luhan was done talking to Katherine. She walked Luhan out, just like how she did everytime, but to her surprise, Kris was standing in front of her door.

Eyes met and immediately, she felt something in her chest that wasn’t there before.

Kris looked genuinely startled and he didn’t even try to hide it.

‘Uhh-‘

‘I’ll be going now, deary, see you tomorrow,’ Luhan quickly said and pulled Kris out of her doorstep.

She looked at them with a confused expression.

Had Kris been there all along? She couldn’t really care much. At least he’d heard her stories about Jongdae, if ever. Now she thought that was enough to make him realize that she loves Jongdae, and not him.

When they were out of the house, he glared at Kris.

‘What the hell are you doing?’ he asked strictly, as if he was the mother and Kris was his son who did something wrong.

He didn’t answer, but bowed his head.

‘Have you been listening to our talks?’ Luhan asked yet again, and this time Kris looked at him.

Sad eyes. Those were the things Luhan saw. And he felt bad for his friend since he couldn’t do anything to help him.

Kris was his close friend, but so was Jongdae. He couldn’t possibly side one without hurting the other. So he chose to side Katherine instead.

But Katherine obviously sided Jongdae. Why wouldn’t she anyway?

And it made Luhan feel sad. Why does life have to be so unfair? Kris was a good man, so why would life allow his best friend claim the one girl he ever loved.

‘Kris, I’m sorry,’ Luhan said as if he was the one who had done him wrong. Kris didn’t say a word. He couldn’t say anything. What was there to say anyway?

He didn’t say words. Words could be deceiving.

But a teardrop escaped his eyes. A teardrop.

That was enough to show how hurt he was inside.


Chapter eight, done :)

How's it? Thoughts are welcomed! ^__^

Stay tuned, yes? ♥