Day Sixteen

A Month of Kim Jongdae

Luhan came in with Sehun and together, they went to the hospital. Yesterday, Luhan left Katherine with Jongdae saying that ‘he’ll be a better companion to her’. Jongdae couldn’t thank him enough for letting him be with Katherine.

The lad was forced to; not by his own will – but by his new found sister’s. His priority nowadays was always for Katherine. He had grown to love the young lady in ways he couldn’t express, and now that she was in the midst of the person she loved, he couldn’t possibly bring himself to put an end to her happiness – even though she couldn’t quite remember anyone.


-LUHAN-

‘Luhan,’ Sehun’s sweet voice called. Snapping out from his own realm of thoughts, he faced his loving partner.

‘Hm?’ he hummed thoughtfully, his gaze wandering straight at the road they were driving in.

‘You’re out,’ Sehun chuckled softly. That voice could always bring Luhan back to reality – even at times when he didn’t ask it to.

‘Oh, sorry dear,’ Luhan could only reply. He didn’t have much of an excuse anyway.

‘A penny for your thought, babe?’ Sehun asked as if it was the most normal thing in the world. Luhan would always blush, though he rarely showed it.

‘Nothing, it’s just that, I’m worried for Kat,’ he replied as calmly as he could. He didn’t want Sehun to worry more than he is.

‘She’s fine, Luhan. She’s with Jongdae now,’ Sehun assured him as his free hand held Luhan’s left.

She’s fine, Luhan repeated mentally, she’s with Jongdae now.

But for how long? A voice inside him asked and it was enough to disrupt his moment of solace for the young girl. He momentarily closed his eyes, in hopes of removing any unpleasant thoughts of Katherine getting hurt more than how she felt the last two weeks of being away from Jongdae.

If two weeks made her do things like that to hurt herself, Luhan couldn’t imagine what is bound to happen when Jongdae’s taken away from her for good.

TAKEN AWAY FOR GOOD? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING, LUHAN? He mentally scolded himself for accommodating such thoughts, but he couldn’t help it. Especially after what he had heard just yesterday.


Kris dialed s the moment he arrived from the hospital yesterday. He needed to talk to somebody. He needed reassurance that s would still support him no matter what happened.

He was just that crazy at the moment.

If Luhan hadn’t arrived soon after Kris did, who knows what Kris must’ve talked about with the other members?

‘Baekhyun, it’s me,’ Luhan heard Kris say as he was making his way to Katherine’s room to grab some of her clothes. He stopped midway and leaned onto Kris’ door.

‘Yes, I want you to make sure that I’ll have something to use when the time comes,’ Kris continued.

Luhan’s brows furrowed, and his curiosity spiked up. Not that he wanted to know what that ‘time’ Kris was talking about, but he couldn’t help but wonder if Kris was planning on something.


He always is, Luhan’s inner self stated. He shook his head slightly, trying to get rid of any disturbing thoughts and images that were starting to occupy his mind.

But then he forgot, Sehun was right beside him.

‘Are you sure you’re okay?’ now Sehun sounded genuinely worried. Luhan wasn’t the type to fuss about things he didn’t consider important. Seeing Luhan disturbed and spaced out meant that he was really thinking about something.

‘I’m fine, Sehunnie, now look at we’re you’re driving,’ he tried to change the topic. He didn’t want to dwell on those thoughts anymore.

‘Alright, alright,’ Sehun could only reply. If only he had a way to peek into his boyfriend’s thoughts, he would have.

Should I tell him? Luhan asked mentally, he’s my boyfriend after all.

Luhan looked at Sehun’s side profile and smiled weakly.

How can I trouble him? No, Luhan, leave it alone.


-JONGDAE-

He had been watching her sleep for quite some time now. He didn’t care – he hadn’t grown tired of it anyway. Two weeks of being alone and without her was hell enough.

Seeing her again was heaven. And that’s where he wanted to be.

The young lad traced her face, tried to memorize it over and over as if he had not done it before. But what can he do? He was with his angel, he couldn’t possibly let the chance pass, right?

I’m so sorry, Kat, he thought. Saving her was something he had promised but looking at where she was at present made him feel like he was the worst boyfriend ever.

You must’ve been scared, he kissed the back of her hand, I’m so sorry for leaving you alone.

She shifted a bit, her brows slowly knotting together, but her face softened once more and it left him amazed.

How can you be this beautiful?

He breathed in in content. Seeing her -- being with her was enough for the moment.


They were running through the field during the day they celebrated their second year anniversary.

‘Hey, you cheater,’ she called playfully at the man who was in front of her. He flashed his most adorable smile – the one that was always enough to make her swoon for him all over again.

‘Am not, Kat,’ he said as he inched closer to her.

‘Don’t.. Yah!’ she was tackled to the ground, followed by the set of tickles that always made her catch her breath.

It was that laughter again – that laughter he had always loved to hear.


‘Jongdae,’ she quietly whispered.

Jongdae, Luhan, and Sehun looked at one another before bringing their eyes back to her. She was mumbling. Was it possible she had said his name?

‘Baby?’ he called, hope evident in his voice. He sat down onto her bed and held her hand, ‘I’m here, Kat’

No,’ they heard her say. Her brows started to furrow and she started to shake her head lightly.

‘No, please, no!’  she was screaming now and it left the three men startled.

‘Baby? Kat!,’ he tried to tighten his grip on her arms but they were flailing uncontrollably. He hadn’t realized until now how strong those little circles’ effect was on her. She’s dreaming again, he recalled as the scene was too familiar to him now.

No! Don’t touch me! Jongdae! Jongdae! Kris, no!’

He froze. Kris? What had he done to her that was making her react like this?

Now he felt the same loathe build up in his heart. Damn you, Kris Wu. You bastard! He couldn’t wait to see that man he had despised again. How dare he hurt his Katherine?

She started to produce tears and it was only then that Jongdae felt the pain she must’ve been through the past weeks. It wasn’t pleasing. He didn’t like it one bit.

‘Ssh, Kat, baby, I’m here,’ he enveloped her into an embrace as if securing something worth his life. ‘I’m here, baby,’ he kept on calling in hopes that she would recognize his voice. She started to calm down as she probably felt tired. Jongdae kept on hushing her, ‘it’s okay, Kat, it’s okay,’

Luhan could only stare at her as it happened. He was too stunned to move. Never had he seen someone react like that.

And it was painful to him to see her like that. Sehun must’ve noticed his rigid figure since the next thing he knew, he was wrapped into a pair of sturdy arms as well.

‘It’s okay, Luhan, she’s okay now,’ Sehun said as he caressed Luhan’s head. The latter could only gulp with widened eyes.

Sehun kissed Luhan’s head and held him tighter.

Jongdae did the same, trying to absorb whatever heavy and displeasing feelings she was experiencing. I’m here, Kat, he said to himself more than to her. I’ll never let him hurt us again.


Chapter sixteen, done :)

How was it? Thoughts and comments are welcomed! ^__^

Stay tuned, yes? ♥