Day Seventeen

A Month of Kim Jongdae

‘Jongdae, it’s 2 am, I think you should go home. Sehun and I will take care from here,’ Luhan said as he patted Jongdae’s back. Jongdae looked at him and smiled – that smile that showed that he wasn’t tired at all even if Luhan deemed he was.

‘I’m fine, Luhan, let me be with her,’ Jongdae said as he squeezed her hand. Luhan sighed, he couldn’t do much to persuade the lad anyway. He was just grateful that there was someone who would watch her without getting tired. At least his peace would settle with that thought.

‘Alright. We’ll be right here if you need replacement,’ Luhan said as he walked off to Sehun, who was already sleeping soundly.


-KATHERINE-

It was 8 am and Katherine struggled with her sleep. She felt uneasy for some reasons, and she kept on shifting sides every now and then. She tried to open her eyes but she felt so drained that she would just shut them closed again.

She did, however, catch a glimpse of the man beside her before she fell into a deep slumber again.

Jongdae. She could clearly remember now. Seems like her temporary memory impairment has washed off from her system. She thanked God that she could recognize the beautiful man that was beside her again.


Jongdae went out to buy her food. He just didn’t trust the food in the hospital. She never liked them. He asked Luhan to keep her company in case that she would wake up.

He was smiling weakly while he was walking down the streets of Myeongdong, just a few blocks away from the hospital. She loved buying food there so he thought of it as the first place to go to.

He stopped by in front of a coffee shop, though, the one that they were supposed to meet up in the day she got kidnapped. He set his sturdy gaze on the shop, mentally noting that he’ll forget the unpleasant feeling that day had made him feel. He went inside and stood at the end of the queue.

Upon ordering, which he had requested the cashier lady to draw a little heart beside Katherine’s name, he looked for a chair to sit in. He scanned the place. There weren’t many people inside since it was 12 noon, and he figured that people must be eating their lunch now. He approached the stand of pastries first, slowly looking for something she’d like. His eyes came to a stop when he saw a cupcake that was the size of a mug, or so he assumed.

The cupcake was red with white frosting. He read the label: red velvet.

Would she like this ‘red velvet’ thing? He pondered as he tried to remember if she liked sweets.


‘Yah, Jongdae!’ she called him one day, when he was just about to enter the house from work.

‘Yes, baby?’ he called back playfully. He could practically hear her blush – if that was even possible. But either way, she knew she was blushing. He knew he could always make her blush.

‘Can you give this a taste?’ she asked. He had just entered the kitchen and saw her with her baby pink apron – the one that she had pleaded him to buy even though she didn’t need to.

‘Sure, what’s that?’ he inched his way to her and hugged her from the back. They have been together for just a month, but he already felt like she would make a good wife.

‘It’s a cake, dummy. Don’t you have cakes under the caves?’ she asked teasingly as she giggled. He pouted at her, ‘yah, I’m not a caveman you know. I know what a cake is,’ he said as he grabbed the fork, ‘give me that!’ he feigned to be grumpy which made her stare at him with her cute eyes.

She waited as she looked at him expectantly. He remained expressionless.

The cake was way too sweet and it seemed like the bottom part of the cake got burnt.

‘Hm,’ he hummed. ‘How was it?’ she asked. He could only smile.

‘It’s perfect, babe,’ he said. She let out a deep breath of relief as she beamed at him.

‘Good, since that’ll be my gift for you,’ she said. He looked at her in curiosity before she spoke, ‘happy monthsary, Kim Jongdae!’ she pecked his cheek and now it was his time to blush.

‘It’s a good thing you like it, I made it with lots of love,’ she hugged him. He’d forgotten. It was their first monthsary. She didn’t mind though. She didn’t really mind if he’d forgotten. The thing that mattered to her was that he was there with her to celebrate. All the more since he liked the cake.

Jongdae hugged her back and closed his eyes as he smiled in content. How lucky was he to have her.

‘Happy monthsary, Kat,’ he said before kissing the top of her head, ‘I love the cake, it’s perfect.’

He really meant it that time.


‘Katherine? Coffee for Ms. Katherine?’ he was brought to reality when he heard the lady call Katherine’s name. He went to pick it up and asked, ‘Can you wrap that red velvet cupcake up for me please?’ he smiled lovingly and the lady couldn’t help but blush, ‘Sure, sir, just a moment,’

‘Thank you,’ he said as he got the box of cupcake and the cup of coffee in both of his hands.


When he arrived in her room, he got the shock of his life when he saw her staring at him lovingly – as if she really did recognize him this time.

‘Jongdae,’ Luhan called with a bright smile on his face.

He set the food on her side table before sitting beside her. She was smiling and it was good enough for him to see her happy.

‘How is she, Luhan?’ he asked, completely oblivious to her current situation. He held her hand and looked at Luhan for answers.

‘I’m fine, Jongdae,’ she said. Upon hearing this, Jongdae immediately snapped his head back to her with wide eyes.

‘Kat? Baby? Did you say my name?’ he asked as he inched closer to her face, in attempt to clear his thoughts out. Maybe he was just hearing things?

‘Yeah, you dummy,’ she said as she pulled him for an embrace. Jongdae was too stunned to move. After two weeks, he had her in his arms again, knowing well enough that she remembers him.

He heard a sniff or two and felt her arms tighten around him. He momentarily took notice of how cute her effort was to hold him tightly.

‘I-I missed y-you,’ she whispered as she tried to catch her breath. She was sobbing and he found it heart-warming. This time, he returned the embrace and held her so closely to his body, ‘I missed you more,’

When he pulled out, he cupped her face and inched his lips to hers.

He closed the gap between them and kissed her softly. He had missed her lips’ touch – he wondered how in the world he had survived without it.

She was still crying, and shaking, and he was still absorbing her image in front of him. He closed their foreheads together while holding both of her hands.

‘I love you, Kat,’ he said with closed eyes. He just needed to feel her again. He needed to know she was real and that they were together again.

‘I love you, Jongdae,’ she replied as she giggled her tears away.

No one dared to ruin the moment. No one dared to interrupt.

But no one knew that someone was listening.

Not for long, Jongdae, he thought as he clenched his fist around the doorknob, not for long.


Chapter seventeen, done :)

So... I decided to make this chapter extra fluffy~ I hope it was okay with you guys :( I just wanted them to have their moment together. :)

But oooh~ What's gonna happen?~

Thoughts and comments are welcomed!

Stay tuned, yes? ♥