Day Three

A Month of Kim Jongdae

I’m Kris, Katherine. I’m your soon-to-be husband.’

The words rang over and over in her head even if it had just been moments since she last heard them. She stared at him with wide eyes and he stared at her with well, cold eyes as before. But they seemed to soften at the sight of her confused face.

He cleared his throat and did a double take on her, ‘I’m sorry, let me get dressed first.’

He disappeared into a room at the opposite end and after a few minutes, he came back all dressed in a crisp white dress shirt and black pants. He approached her once again and huffed, ‘I’m so rude, here, let me help you.’

He untied her wrists then her ankles and waited for her to sit back up. She did, quite cautiously, though.

He took a step back, began to fold his sleeves up to his elbow and looked back at her. She still gaped at him and he wasn’t sure if it was because she thought of him as weird or because she thought of him as handsome. He wanted to believe the latter but then she spoke, ‘Excuse me, but what.. are you talking about?’ she had her most startled face and he admitted that indeed, she was cute.

‘Of course, I’m sorry,’ he started. He sat down beside her and reached for her hand. She instinctively pulled out even before their hands touched, though. It hurt him a little but he understood. She hasn’t met him before and he knew he must’ve looked like a psycho freak to her saying that he was her soon-to-be husband and .

Noticing that she wouldn’t talk to him that easily, he started off with a friendlier and more acceptable introduction.

‘Kat,-‘

‘Don’t.. call me that,’ she quickly hissed. Her defensive self was slowly showing herself. She didn’t want anyone else to call her that. She only wanted it when it came from her Jongdae’s lips.

He cleared his throat once more before sighing.

‘Katherine, you may not know me but I know you well enough.’ He said. So much for the ‘more acceptable’ introduction. He must’ve sounded like a creeper to her. And yes, he did. She stared at him weirdly and he could see the irritancy in her eyes.

‘Look, Katherine, I can’t explain all at once but please, if you would just open up yourself to me-‘ he tried to reach to push her hair back from her face but she quickly slapped his hand away.

‘Don’t touch me! No!’ she flailed her hands wildly and she wanted to hit him over and over again if he just wasn’t strong for her. He looked genuinely concerned, and he immediately felt guilty about doing this but he was just desperate that time..

‘Katherine, stop, listen to me,’ he said as he grabbed both of her arms. She slumped down in defeat and began to sob softly. He let go of her arms and stared at her in concern.

‘No.. please, you’ve done too much to me.. You’ve taken me away from him and took what was left of me so please.. no, don’t touch me anymore,’ she curled herself into a ball and sobbed uncontrollably this time. He didn’t know what she was saying but he knew that she must’ve been so scared to react like that.

‘What are you talking about, Katherine? What do you mean?’ he had his brows furrowed and his hand firmly lain on the duvet of the bed. She shook her head furiously and she clasped her ears with her hands as if she was hearing something she didn’t want to.

‘Please, just leave me alone. I’ve given you more than I should’ve, don’t hurt me anymore,’ she pleaded and now he began to panic.

What was she saying?

‘Kat-‘

‘I SAID DON’T TOUCH ME!’ she said and pushed him away and tried to cover herself with her hands as if it was going to save her dear life. She wanted Jongdae now more than ever. He wouldn’t hurt her like this, no, he wouldn’t make her cry like this.

‘You and your sick men can go and rot in hell together!’ she exclaimed before covering herself with the thick blankets around her. He took a moment to realize what she was saying.

Almost immediately, he felt anger burning inside him as he stood up and grabbed his phone.

At the first ring, one answered, ‘Duiz-‘

‘What the did you do to her?!’ he quickly hissed. And even under the covers, she winced.

‘I told you to ing keep her safe and you took advantage of her?! No, you, Baekhyun! Wait until I get there. You better ing be ready for me!’ he ended the call and she heard rustling sounds around. She wanted to take a peek but thought it best not to.

She heard a grunt of annoyance and she immediately knew that those men were in trouble. She wanted to feel good about it but still, she wouldn’t be able to redo what had already happened.

‘I’m.. sorry, Katherine. I didn’t know- God! I trusted them!’ he hissed in annoyance and she wanted to take a look at his handsome face but chose not to.

‘I’ll be back,’ he said and moments after, she heard the door close.

She sat back up, stared at the door and heaved a sigh of slight relief. She was safe again.. for now.


‘Hey, Kat, what’s wrong?’ he said as he entered her room. She was curled up in a ball, crying uncontrollably. He had just returned from work and he was hell tired but still, upon seeing her figure, he softened.

‘Jongdae.. you left your phone earlier and.. and..’ she sobbed in between her words. Jongdae hurriedly went to bed with her and held her in his arms. He looked confused and startled.

‘And what, baby?’ he asked. He wanted to know what happened since he had sensed that something must have went wrong.

‘and this man texted something like, ‘your is in big trouble, Jongdae’,’ she hugged him close as she narrated what had happened.

‘What does that mean, Jongdae? Are you having troubles at work?’ she sounded genuinely concerned and he felt extremely guilty at the same time, happy that she was worried about him.

‘Ssh, everything’s fine, Kat. I’m not getting in trouble,’ he assured her even if he knew he indeed was getting in trouble for doing.. this.


She snapped back to reality and realized that she was tearing up. She didn’t even realize that she was clasping her hands on the bed covers so tightly that she almost ripped it open.

Why did she have a feeling of uncertainty?

It was like Jongdae had something he hasn’t told her yet. But now that she got kidnapped, she knew well as hell that he wouldn’t have the chance to explain even if he had wanted to.

She lied down in bed and covered herself once again. The cold breeze of the room only made her miss her man even more.  She pretended to feel his arms around her. A teardrop fell as she thought of the possibility of not seeing him again.


Chapter three, done :)

How was it? Any clues about what happened before? Ooh.. comment below! :D

Stay tuned, yes? ♥