Day Five

A Month of Kim Jongdae

-KRIS-

He knew he should’ve pulled out from the hug the moment he felt her squirm under his touch. But he couldn’t bring himself to do it.

He couldn’t possibly pull out when it felt this good and she felt this close to him.

He never had the chance to meet her in person. He never had the chance to even introduce himself to her the moment he laid his eyes on her.

He was just so busy with work that he didn’t even have time to properly date. He didn’t care much about it, though, since he never really understood why people would waste time, money, and effort to please their so-called “persons of affection”.

But then she came. She didn’t come into his life, no, he might as well say she “passed by”.


It was a normal busy Wednesday and Kris had had enough of his father’s endless nagging about keeping the company above all the other things in his life. He didn’t want to be told what to do anymore. He didn’t want to be dictated – not by his father, not by anyone.

He stepped out of the company’s elevator with his usual grumpy face and all he wanted to do right then was to blow the whole building down for ruining his life and his relationship with this father.

He was about to slam his fist at the nearest wall there was when suddenly he saw a girl slipped at the corner of his eyes. She literally slipped, and landed on her .

Her skirt was a bright yellow with ruffles at the end, he could clearly remember. Her hair was shorter back then, and she was a little chubbier. All his anger inside quickly disappeared as he wanted to laugh so hard, but chose not to. Why would he? He would look like a total psycho if he laughed by himself.

She rubbed the back of her head in embarrassment as she quickly stood up. She fixed and straightened her skirt as she laughed slightly at herself. He found it amusing. He was about to approach her when suddenly, one of s approached her first.

‘Are you alright, miss?’ Jongdae asked in concern. She looked surprised and at the same time, shy that a handsome young man was asking her is she was okay. She nodded her head and thanked Jongdae for asking before she quickly bowed once more and turned to leave. Jongdae followed her with his eyes and he lightly chuckled as he shook his head in disbelief. Kris could only watch from a far.

When Jongdae and Kris’ eyes met, Kris quickly averted his eyes, trying to avoid any suspicious thoughts that might come out from his best friend’s stare. Jongdae seemed to get what Kris was trying to do and he quickly approached his friend.

‘Yo, Kris what’s up?’ he asked teasingly. The tone of his voice was obviously mocking Kris and the lad hated it.

‘Shut up, Jongdae,’ he said. Jongdae laughed heartily upon catching his best friend’s defensive reaction.

‘Woah, chill, duizhang,’ he said as he elbowed his comrade.

Kris cleared his throat before he averted his eyes yet again to other directions. Jongdae smiled knowingly.

‘I could get her number for you, if you want. She’s new here, don’t you know?’ Jongdae asked teasingly and Kris felt embarrassed for having Jongdae as his best friend. But he couldn’t simply ignore him. They were practically brothers.

‘Whatever, Jongdae,’ he said one last time before rolling his eyes and walking past his far-amused friend.

‘Tell me if you want to know, I’ll help you!’ Jongdae had managed to shout before he too, turned to leave with an amused smile on his lips.


Kris must’ve dazed off for too long since when he snapped back to reality, he came across her furious eyes at him. His eyes widened as his heart raced in panic. Oh , he mentally cursed. She closed her eyes as if trying to calm down what he assumed was ‘all hell breaking loose’ before she opened them again and sent daggers to his soul.

‘I said.. GET THE OFF ME!’ she yelled and it made him roll out of bed immediately once again as he came in contact with the familiar floor.

‘Katherine, I-‘

‘Don’t talk to me!’ she squealed like a little girl and others would have thought she was being childish but that was just how she is.

‘I’m going to tell you one more time, DO. NOT. TOUCH. ME,’ she said with gritted teeth and although he knew he should’ve just slapped the hell out of her for being so over-acting, he didn’t since he didn’t want to worsen the impression he had on her.

She took a deep breath before she slumped down her hand on the covers of the bed and started to tear up again. She was going crazy in that place, stuck with a man claiming to be her soon-to-be husband and acting like he was.

‘Just.. please. I don’t know who you are or why I’m even here, but please don’t act like you know me,’ she said as she still had her eyes closed. He could sense that she was serious and by her shaking voice, he knew she really didn’t want him there.

And it stung like hell.

‘I just want to get back to Jongdae, please just let me go,’ she whispered her plea even though she knew it was useless. He heard it and another unexplainable feeling grew in his heart.

Anger? Contempt? Pity? Those feelings were mixing up inside his chest and he was surprised he didn’t blow up on the spot. Instead, he bowed his head in defeat. If only you knew, he just whispered to himself.

‘I’m sorry, Katherine, but you’re mine, and I can’t let you slip away from me again,’ with that, he left her hanging to wonder what the hell he just said.


‘Jongdae?’

‘Yes, baby?’

‘Do you love me?’ she asked hopefully  knowing what his answer will be. He stopped for a moment and looked at her weirdly. She momentarily felt her heart dropped. Did his feelings already change?

‘Why are you asking that?’ he sounded so suspicious that she began to feel disheartened.

‘Huh? Oh, n-nothing,’ she whispered in embarrassment. He couldn’t keep his straight face anymore, not when she was pouting so cutely at him. He pulled her in one swift move and trapped her in his arms.

‘Of course I do, Kat. You’re mine and I will never let you slip away from me. Ever. No matter what happens.’ He smiled contently, knowing that he was sure that she was the one.

Even if he wasn’t supposed to be loving her.

I’m sorry, Kris, he could only mentally apologize to his dearest best friend.


Chapter five, done :)

How's it so far? I can't really seem to think that I should continue on with this fic but we'll see :)

So I hope you..

Stay tuned, yes? ♥