Day Twelve

A Month of Kim Jongdae

‘I’m sorry, I think it’s my fault,’ Luhan kept on apologizing to her even though he didn’t really do anything wrong.

She kept on sobbing. She didn’t stop on sobbing as if she would be able to bring back what had happened.

The only thing she had from Jongdae was missing.


Baby,’

‘Hmm?’

‘I have something for you,’ he called her, his excitement radiating from his voice. He didn’t even try to hide it. She looked at him suspiciously.

‘What do you have under your sleeve again, you little troll?’ she joked and then added, ‘I swear if that’s a lizard again, I’m going to-‘

She was cut off by a swift kiss from Jongdae. It was that kind of playful kiss he always gave her when he was feeling childish. He smiled at her cutely – that kind of smile when the two corner of his lips quirked up slightly.

She blushed madly even though they’ve kissed before. She just couldn’t get used to being kissed by him. Besides, they were just on their half year of being officially together. Kissing was not a thing she considered ‘normal’.

She flushed red and he looked at her with worried eyes, ‘Kat, are you okay?’

She shook her head, ‘I-I’m fine,’ cleared and added, ‘so, what’s that thing behind your back?’ she asked casually so that it wouldn’t be obvious that she was flustered. He pouted so cutely that she wanted to eat him up. How can someone so adorable like him be her boyfriend?

‘Kat~’, he cooed.

‘What the hell is wrong with you?’

‘Close your eyes, baby,’ he pleaded, clearly unable to hold in the surprise any longer.

She did, even though she highly doubted his credibility. He was someone full of surprises. She realized that the moment she answered ‘yes’ to his question of being his girlfriend.

‘What-‘ she felt a thin coldness around her neck and when she opened her eyes, a white gold necklace with a white gold four-leaf clover pendant.

‘What’s this?’ she asked as she held the tiny thing in her fingers.

‘It’s a four-leaf clover, Kat,’ he said excitedly.

‘So?’

‘Don’t you know that four-leaf clovers are almost impossible to find?’

‘No.’

‘Well now you do,’ he closed the gap between them and pushed back her hair behind her ear.

‘You don’t realize how special you are, don’t you?’ he asked lovingly. She saw something in his eyes, something that showed her he really cared for her. She felt warm inside as she felt her eyes water.

‘I’ve been looking for something that would always remind me of you, and then I thought of this,’ he said as he played with the necklace.

‘Do I look like a leaf?’ she asked jokingly as she sniffed her tears. He chuckled, ‘Maybe.’

‘Hey!’

‘Just kidding, baby,’ he kissed her forehead. ‘I’ve been looking everywhere for this but I thought that I wouldn’t find it,’ he began to trail his fingers down he cheek, and then stared into her eyes.

‘I almost gave up but I thought, why would I try to find something that I knew was out there, when I could just make something of my own?’ he flipped the pendant open and there engraved was a sub pendant that looked something like a pearl with the initials ‘K.O.’

‘What’s this? A pearl?’

‘That’s not just a pearl, Kat. That’s the pearl of my grandmother’s wedding ring,’ he said proudly, as if he had achieved something worth a fortune. Her jaw dropped, her eyes widened.

‘W-what-why?’ she couldn’t ask properly. He smiled as he pulled her into an embrace.

‘There are only one too many four-leaf clovers in the world, Kat. But I don’t care, because even if I find one, I know that there are still others out there. But you know what,’

She froze as the only thing they could hear were the synchronized beating of their hearts.

‘even if I find one, or even if others find the other four-leaf clovers in the world, I can swear on my life that there is only one beautiful pearl named Katherine Oh,’ he said perfectly.

She couldn’t react. She didn’t KNOW how to react. How could any of her future words be as perfect as his?

‘I don’t know what to say,’ she whispered breathlessly, her tears now flowing endlessly down her cheeks.

‘You don’t need to say anything, Kat. Let’s just stay like this forever.’

‘Forever?’

‘Forever, Kat. I love you.’


Kris locked himself in his room, fiddling with the thin white gold necklace as he stared off to space.

He opened the pendant and the bright pearl shimmered as the sunlight hit its surface.

How beautiful, just like her. He saw the necklace when she was asleep and he was curious as it kept on shining as if drawing him into it.

He knew he shouldn’t have gotten it, but she wouldn’t notice, right?


Oh Kris Wu, you dumb , Luhan quietly cursed Kris.

His friend was being a stupid again. He momentarily didn’t feel pity for his friend.

He’s practically asking her to hate him even more.


She lied down her bed. What was she going to do? She had spent three years of her life with that necklace. And now, it was the only thing left of Jongdae.

She stood up air-headed. She approached the bathroom.

She opened the door, the lights, and stared at the mirror.

Her eyes were swollen red and she couldn’t see well with her teary eyes. She grabbed something from her pocket, something that was always there with her.

She opened one pack. And then another. Then another. She put the small little circles inside and chugged down a handful of water from the faucet.

That should calm her down for a moment. Her head felt lighter and she could swear she was seeing the light. She sat down slowly, closing her eyes in the process.

At least she’s at peace for now.


‘Kat? Kat! What the hell- open the door!’

There was no response and it left Jongdae nothing left to do than kick the door open. He did and wished that he didn’t. Her pale white body was on the floor, and on her hand were crumpled packs of that little circles that he had hated ever since. He ran to her side, shaking her body in the process.

‘Kat, wake up. Kat!’


Peace. Quiet. At least she’d be at peace for now.

‘Jongdae, I’m sorry..’

Darkness.


Chapter twelve, done :)

SO SORRY FOR THE SUPER CRAPPY CHAPTER. UGH! I'm just in a hurry and I promise this will be the only crappy chapter that I'll write for this fic ever again. SO SORRY! :'( 3

How was it, though? Thoughts and comments are always welcomed.. :(

Stay tuned, yes? <3