Day Twenty-eight

A Month of Kim Jongdae

‘Jongdae I think you better start looking for her again,’ Suho knocked on Jongdae’s door nervously. Apparently, an overnight sleep won’t make Kris’ threat any faker. Suho was worried. Kris never falters in making his mind up about something and getting it.

‘I know, I got Kris’ message.’

Suho let out a breath. He wasn’t sure what to feel. Katherine may be with Kris now and they wouldn’t know. Sometimes it made him wonder how women could be so hard-headed sometimes. It was a wonder Jongdae only loved one girl. If it were him, he would’ve thought twice about Katherine.

But oh, love, it does this to people.

Jongdae was up early and dressed. He headed out the door after he snuck the velvet box in his back pocket when Suho grabbed his arm back, ‘please, be careful.’ Jongdae made a slight nod and headed out the door completely. Today, he was going to find her. No matter what.


-KATHERINE-

She woke up beside Luhan on the couch. It amazed her how the two of them fit on the small couch in Luhan’s apartment. She wasn’t complaining though. For once after almost two to three nights, she was able to sleep soundly.

Just as she sat up, her phone which was on top of the wooden table started vibrating. Without any more delay, she answered the phone in which Jongdae’s voice suddenly boomed, ‘Katherine, where are you?’

His voice was demanding and it made her roll her eyes. Nonetheless, it made her heart skip a beat. It was like he was drunk and he was randomly dialing numbers. She contemplated whether she should answer or just ignore him and hang up.

‘Katherine, please tell me where you are. I need to know,’ now his voice sounded sad. It was a wonder how he managed to change his tone in a matter of seconds.

‘I’m fine, Jongdae-‘

‘Fine is not enough, Kat. Damn it, I need to know where you are!’ he half hissed and it made her snap her head back. Her brows furrowed, ‘why are you-‘

‘Katherine, listen carefully. Wherever you are, do not go anywhere else. Stay right there. Don’t answer calls from random numbers and do not open your door for anybody but me.’

Her heart sunk what? It was like a scene from those kinds of movies where the parents leave their children alone at home, with the famous ‘don’t talk to strangers’ kind of warning.

‘What are you talking about?’

‘Kris is here, Kat. Please, just stay safe for the meantime and tell me your address.’

Without noticing, she was nodding her head at whatever he was saying. Before she could even talk again, he hear him say, ‘send me your address right away.’

‘Okay, but-‘

‘I love you, I’ll see you soon, Kat. Stay safe,’ and then he ended the call. She stared at the phone for a while before snapping back and starting typing the words on her phone. Funny how her frustrations for the past days were slowly replaced by fear. She didn’t want to be near Kris for as long as she lives. She didn’t want to get advantage of once again. One baby is enough.

‘Kat?’ Luhan’s voice sounded like an alarm. She turned to face him, with shivering hands and looked at Luhan as if she was caught doing something wrong.

‘What’s wrong?’ Luhan asked while rubbing his eyes. She gulped, ‘Luhan,’

‘Hm?’ Luhan stood up and went to the kitchen counter for a drink, ‘yes?’

She approached him hastily. Her knees were trembling, ‘Luhan I think we have a problem.’ Luhan stopped from drinking momentarily and eyed her suspiciously, ‘yeah, we do have a problem, young miss. You’re a stubborn little girl who is clearly at her rebellious stage in life and not to mention, pregnant,’ he joked and continued his drinking.

Seeing that she was staring off to space with wide, almost panic-y eyes, he stopped and asked, ‘what kind of problem?’

‘Luhan, Kris is here.’


Luhan wasn’t surprised and it wondered him why. His thoughts were a mess.

Grabbing his phone, he dialed one of ’s number.

‘Yixing, what the hell’s happening?’ he asked Lay and to his surprise, the lad wasn’t aware of anything. Lay had told him that Kris had disappeared without a word and that he told them to ‘get ready in case’. Luhan’s heart clenched. Why was Kris being so difficult? He swore Kris is the craziest person he’s ever met.

With Katherine still anxiously waiting for the call to be over, Luhan sighed and muttered a ‘thanks’ to his friend before ending the call. Worry was written all over his face as he didn’t know what was bound to happen. Katherine shook her head, no, not again.

Luhan sat down beside her and held her hand, ‘hey, don’t worry. He won’t find us. I’ll keep you safe. Have you sent the address to Jongdae?’ Panic was on the verge of his voice but he tried with what might not to let her sense it. He wouldn’t want her to freak out more than she was now.

She nodded her head, praying silently to God that Jongdae would find her soon. I’m such an idiot. She was regretting everything now. She hated herself for even being pathetic to leave Jongdae’s side. Now it wasn’t just her who was in trouble – she had put Jongdae’s safety in line as well.

‘This is all my fault,’ Katherin muttered as she bowed down her head.

Oh, only if you knew you had nothing to do with this, Luhan thought. He enveloped her shoulders in his arms and sighed.


-KRIS-

He was driving north bound as he came from somewhere down a province he once had visited before. He had come to make a purchase of a gun – one sleek and light.

He didn’t even know what it was for but his senses acted on their own and made him think he needed one. So following his instincts, he found himself driving to that province early in the morning to purchase a stupid gun.

He was near the outskirts of Manila when his phone rang.

‘Hello?’

‘What the hell do you think you’re doing?’

He smirked. He was having a little fun, obviously.

‘I guess you found out. Sorry, I couldn’t help it, Hunnie,’ he smirked as he drove, clearly pleased with Sehun’s annoyed voice.

‘I thought we talked about this? I gave you what you wanted, and you gave me your word,’ Sehun’s voice was cold. And for a moment, Kris was feeling proud that he made Sehun into someone like this.

‘As long as he doesn’t do anything stupid, he’ll be fine,’ Kris replied plainly. He could hear Sehun sigh on the other line, ‘don’t you dare hurt him, Kris, or I swear to God I’ll kill you.’ It was an obvious threat. And knowing Sehun since college, he knew that he would do what he says once things get out of hand.

‘We’ll see, we’ll see. You should’ve warned him better, though,’ Kris ended the call. It was fun teasing Sehun. It wasn’t like he planned anything bad for Luhan. Heck, he didn’t even know that Luhan would go beyond limits and follow Kris there in the Philippines. Luhan wasn’t that type of a person. There must’ve been a reason he would go there. And if Kris really was the reason why Luhan was there at the same time, then he should’ve received a scolding from Luhan the moment the young lad arrived, right?

Setting thoughts aside, Kris focused on the road as a scene played through his mind. He wanted to laugh at himself. He was feeling giddy all of a sudden.

He was seeing everything as planned. He would be with Katherine while Jongdae was out of the picture. Maybe a good pat on the back would’ve sufficed. But if Jongdae would still be reluctant to give back what he didn’t deserve even from the start, then Kris wouldn’t mind teaching him his rightful place.


-JONGDAE-

He wasn’t sure where he was going. But he relied on his instincts to show him the way. Katherine was with Luhan and that was a big relief on his part knowing that she wasn’t alone. They were somewhere in Eastwood and even though Jongdae hadn’t been in that place before, he was sure he was to find them soon.

He called Katherine again, hoping that she would talk to him like before now. He missed her voice. And out of panic, he totally let the chance to talk to her slip away earlier. What an idiot.

‘Kat-‘

‘Oh my god, Jongdae I’m so sorry,’ she whispered. He raised a brow. Surely, his girlfriend was bipolar. He let out a chuckle, ‘what are you sorry for?’ His grip on the steering wheel loosened as he was now hearing the voice of his angel.

‘I’m sorry for leaving. If I had known-‘

‘You didn’t know, okay? I’m the one who’s supposed to be sorry,’ his voice grew softer as guilt hit him once again. She sighed – obviously, they were both that stupid.

He heard her giggle a bit and he asked, ‘what’s so funny about that?’ She giggled once more, ‘I think we’re crazy, Jongdae. Really crazy.’ He cracked a grin, indeed, they were.

‘Well, I like being crazy with you,’ he commented.


-KATHERINE-

‘I like being crazy with you, too. I’m so sorry-‘

‘I’m sorry, Kat. I should’ve told you about Andrea,’ his voice was a little shy and all she could do was close her eyes and breathe, ‘I don’t.. like to hear her name, Jongdae.’ She smiled weakly. She didn’t want to know what was in Jongdae’s mind when he decided to go out with that girl. What mattered more was that she wanted to see him badly and that she was willing to forgive him yet again.

‘I promise you, I’ll fix everything,’ he said. Promise was a big word. It always has been. But she loved him. Maybe promises really are meant to be broken, but maybe Jongdae was much more serious now? Whatever the case may be, she knew she would be up for anything – as long as Jongdae would be by her side. Knowing Kris was also there only made her faith stronger.

It was better to forgive and move on than to be with some sick stranger.


‘Are you still there?’ Jongdae asked as he peered out his side mirror. She hummed a ‘yes’ and added, ‘Luhan’s out buying food. He said he’ll be back soon.’

Jongdae sighed yet again. He had been sighing for a few times now and he was glad they were mostly out of relief.


-KRIS-

He arrived at Eastwood city at around dinner time – just the right time to think about things.

His mind wasn’t really set on the distractions – it was set mostly on the thought of how he would make it up to Katherine. He wasn’t really crazy. But falling in love for the first time – and not to mention for three years made him turn into a different person.

He was supposed to be changed for the better. But it seemed like he wasn’t.

Taking the white gold necklace from his wallet, he let it hand down as he hooked it onto the side of his bed. He got the package from his bag and examined its contents. He was momentarily happy that he knew how to shoot, though he doubted if he will need the gun anyway.

Katherine. Her name popped into his mind and it made his heart beat a bit. She was with him for two weeks’ time and it was enough to confirm his long-kept feelings for her. It was his own fault that Jongdae came back into the picture, but he was determined to make everything right this time.

He headed out the door, and down the alleys of the brightly lit city. He was walking down the street to buy dinner when he saw Luhan in line. Oh what a very pleasant surprise.

It seemed like fate wanted him to run into just the right people he needed.

He was about to approach Luhan when he stopped. He wouldn’t want to scare him away. Knowing that Luhan probably was there to warn Jongdae and Katherine that Kris was there, he decided to keep quiet and just watch Luhan walk away. Without a second thought, he followed Luhan down the familiar streets back to the place where Kris had initially thought of staying.


It made Kris wonder. Andrea told him that the couple was staying in Suho’s house. But now knowing where Suho’s place was, he didn’t really look for it. Seeing Luhan enter an apartment was clue enough for him. Perhaps the couple moved out.

Kris headed towards the place stealthily. Following Luhan up the stairs, he inwardly groaned at the thought of how stupid he must’ve looked like at the moment.

Luhan knocked on the door, and said something like, ‘I’m here.’ Kris couldn’t quite hear it though, since he made sure he was from a good distance away from the lad.

The door opened and for a moment, Kris stopped to stare. It was Katherine and she looked.. different. There was something about her that looked different. It was hard for Kris to pinpoint which, though.

As soon as the door was closed, Kris headed down in pure disbelief.

Seeing Katherine made him want to just grab her out at the very moment. But knowing that Jongdae was inside, he decided to carry on with a different plan.

At least now, he knew where she was. He just had to think of a way to get her out without Jongdae knowing.


Chapter twenty-eight, done :)

I'm really tired since I just got home from school and it's 8:37 pm here -____-

Huhu it's really hard being an Archi student //3 anyway, I'm sorry if I'm down today.

But here's an update :( I look horrible

Good night

Thoughts and comments are welcomed

I'll be back to my original self maybe tomorrow after the first week of the second semester UGH

Stay tuned, yes? ♥

*Sorry for my crappy attitude :'(