Day Four

A Month of Kim Jongdae

‘What the were you thinking, Byun Baekhyun?! And the rest of you?! Oh my god, I can’t believe this!’ Kris hissed at them, and they couldn’t do more than bow their heads. As much as they were satisfied by their ed up session with her, they knew better than to get to Kris’ bad side.

Someone had already tried, and now he’s going to pay for it.

They had been beaten up pretty badly, thanks to Kris’ raging anger. If it weren’t for Luhan, who was Kris’ ‘counselor’, he would’ve killed the living out of them all.

‘Kris, calm down,’ Luhan tried to pull him back even before he could send another hard kick at Baekhyun’s stomach.

‘Calm down? How can I ing calm down after what they’ve done to her?! She’s terrified, Luhan! She wouldn’t even look at me because of what these bastards had done!’ he said it with genuine wrath that it made Luhan rethink of being gay all of a sudden. Sehun was there to hold his hand though, since Sehun knew how their leader could be so scary sometimes.

‘I swear if you touch her inappropriately again, you’re going to get it, all of you!’ with that, he slammed his fist on the glass table which automatically broke under the impact. He turned to leave, eyes still glaring at every one of s.

‘What did I tell you? But you didn’t listen. God, why am I stuck with idiots like you? Even Jongdae would know better if he was still here,’ Luhan said in irritancy. Baekhyun glared at him.

‘Don’t mention his name anymore, Luhan. He’s not part of us anymore,’ with that, Baekhyun stormed out the room while slowly wiping the blood from the corner of his lips.

Luhan sighed loudly, ‘ugh, such idiots!’ he pushed back his bangs from his face and fanned his face. Sehun rubbed his back soothingly.

‘Don’t be hard on yourself too much, it isn’t your fault,’ Sehun said in a low voice. Luhan smiled weakly and turned to him.

‘I know. But I still can’t help but think that this is entirely fault. If only I hadn’t pushed Jongdae to-‘

‘Ssh, let’s not bring that back anymore. He’s been happier ever since that day he followed your advice, hasn’t he?’ Sehun smiled at him lovingly and Luhan felt his cheeks warm up.

‘Why do you always know what to say?’ Luhan chuckled and slapped his man’s chest. Sehun chuckled.

‘I just do, Hannie.’


‘Kat! Wait for me!’ he shouted from across the street. She had ran away from him after their fight at the café.

‘Don’t follow me, Jongdae! Leave me alone!’ she hissed back at him as she crossed the street. People began to look their way but she couldn’t care less. He eventually caught up with her and held her arm. He spun her around and looked her in the eyes.

‘I’m sorry, Kat, but that was not something for me to say,’ he said as he brought her hands to his face. She had her brows furrowed and she was clearly displeased with his answer.

‘I’m your girlfriend, Jongdae. How can I trust you if you don’t even trust me?’ she asked. He knew she was pained but she had asked too much of a private information and he just couldn’t take the risk of letting her know.

‘it’s complicated, Kat. I don’t want you meddling in matters that shouldn’t even concern you,’

‘But you’re my boyfriend. Everything about you is bound to concern me,’

He sighed in defeat as he couldn’t possibly argue with someone as clever as her. He knew that well enough.

‘Kat, I promise to tell you everything there is about me, just.. not about my job. That’s the most private thing I can keep,’ he said in guilt. He didn’t want to keep secrets from her but he knew well enough to not let her know about..

‘But why, Jongdae?’ she asked as she tried to look into his eyes for answers.

‘Because I’m afraid that if I tell you something I shouldn’t, you’ll get in trouble because of me,’ he said truthfully. He looked concerned about her and she immediately softened.

‘I won’t ever get in trouble because I know you’ll always be there to save me, right?’ she said as she pulled him for an embrace. He froze for a moment before a weak smile appeared on his lips.

‘Of course, Kat. Of course I’ll always be here to save you,’ he said as he kissed her forehead.

He didn’t know how. He wasn’t even sure if he could, but being able to hold the one person he truly cared about was enough to make him say things he couldn’t even promise.


She woke up from her dream, all teary-eyed and dizzy. The room was now dark and she figured that someone had turned off the lights.

That was when she felt a presence beside her.

She immediately jerked her body up, pushing the unknown body beside her in the process.

‘What the- hey!’ he heard the familiar voice as his body landed on the hard floor. He sat up to open the lamp on the side of the bed and his eyes came in contact with her horrified face.

‘What the hell are you doing?!’ she immediately shouted making him freeze on his spot.

‘I-I-‘

‘Get away from me!’ she tried to back away even more even if he was in a good distance away from her.

‘Katherine, I’m sorry. I- I didn’t mean to sleep here. It’s just that I came home earlier and saw you asleep and you looked like you were crying so I figured that you would need a hug-‘

‘Stop! Don’t talk anymore! I don’t want to hear your voice! Just please, leave me alone!’ she shouted with all her might and it was enough for Kris to back away. He felt pained, but he couldn’t do much now that he still hasn’t gained her trust.

‘I’ll take my leave, Katherine, good night,’ Kris said as he picked up his pillow and a blanket before turning to leave.

Damn you, Kim Jongdae, he mentally hissed as he proceeded to his guest room.

She sat on the bed completely shaking from what had happened. She wrapped her arms around herself as she closed her eyes and bowed her head.

She didn’t want Jongdae’s touch to be replaced by a stranger’s.

She didn’t want anyone else to touch and hold her. She only wanted Jongdae to be the one to cuddle with her to sleep.

But realizing that Jongdae probably didn’t even know she was gone, all she could do was sob and endure the pain of knowing that he wasn’t there to fulfill his words of saving her.

Where are you, Jongdae? She asked as she slowly lied down again. She closed her eyes and hoped that this time, she would dream of something better than earlier.


‘Kat! Kat! Over here, baby!’ he shouted from across the field. She quickly turned her head and smiled upon seeing him sitting on a picnic blanket, his face tinted with a bright smile. She couldn’t help but chuckle at the sight.

He was hers. He was her childish, lame, and cheesy Kim Jongdae. He was her boyfriend for two years now.

She quickly ran to him and sat beside him. He patted his lap and she scoffed and rolled her eyes playfully. She lied down on his lap and sighed in content.

‘Happy anniversary, Kat,’ he whispered as he ran his fingers through her long hair.

‘Happy anniversary, Kim Jongdae,’ she said as she giggled. He smiled lovingly at her.

‘I love you,’ he said as he inched down to her face. She slowly closed her eyes, ‘I love you, too.’

Their lips met and both of them couldn’t feel any happier than they could right then.


A tear escaped her already swollen but closed eyes as she clasped her hands on the pillow quite tightly. She shivered due to the coldness of the room and due to the lack of Jongdae’s presence beside her.

Just then, she felt herself warm up under a strong pair of arms. One making its way under her head and the other slowly encircling her small body.

‘Ssh, it’s alright, I’m here,’ he whispered. She stopped shivering for a moment and smiled contently.

‘I knew you would be here, Jongdae.. I love you..’ her words were the softest things Kris had ever heard and he felt contented that he could hold her like this as if she was his even though her lips claimed her to be someone else’s.


Chapter four, done :)

What kind of sorcery is this? A triple update?! O__O

Hihi, that's because I love you guys!

What do you think? Comment below! :D

Stay tuned, yes? <3