Donghae

Treasure Box


Peter Pan

 

 

"I hate you!"

 

Yoona frustratedly shouted at Donghae as she walks away from him.  Donghae had once again made fun of her.  But this time he went too far and she can't take it anymore.  Enough is enough, he is older than her but he acts like some 5 years old baby.  How can he be so selfish, rude and insensitive, how can he just walk in, sit with them and just blurt out all her little personal secrets in front of her date.

 

"Yoong wait"

 

Donghae was never the type to cause a scene in public, he likes attention but not like this.  All eyes on him, he can feel it.   He shyly bows down to the people around him as he made his way to follow Yoona.  He knows he went a little too far this time but he can’t help it when he knew that the guy she was dating is a total jerk.

 

"Wait!"

 

Being the faster one between the two of them Donghae manage to catch up with her.

 

“I said wait”

 

He was out of breath but still manage to grab her by the hand and accidentally pulled her with more force than he intended to.

 

“Let me go”

 

She struggled against his as she tried to get out of his grasp.

 

“I’m not letting you go unless you agree to talk to me”

 

With Yoona being so stubborn he was left with no other option but to force her to talk with him.  He drags her in an empty alley and finally loosen his hold on her.

 

"Why are you so mad?"

 

No answer from her.

 

“Look, I know I went a little too far but…”

 

“A little? Just a little?”

 

" I was just joking."

 

“Joking?  My secrets are not jokes to be shared”

 

“Okay, I’m sorry, I will not do that again”

 

“God, Lee Donghae, how can you be so insensitive and immature”

 

“What?  I’m already begging you to forgive me”

 

“You’re just doing it now, because you don’t want me to be mad at you anymore. But what about tomorrow? What about next week or next month?”

 

“I promise you I will never do it again”

 

“I want you to grow up and take responsibilities of your actions and words”

 

He finally let go of her.  Yoona took this chance to leave him.  With tears in her eyes, she walks away from him. 

 

He watch her leave, the girl who was always by her side. He tries to pull her back, but he stays where he is, rooted on the spot.  He always thought that they were like Peter Pan and Tinkerbelle, inseparable.  They would have endless adventures and pull silly pranks on their friends and on each other.   But Yoona’s words made him realize two things.  One, she grew up – fast, Yoona grew up, she’s not the same little girl he used to teased.  She’s not the same little girl who would readily smile and forgive him.  And two, he is still the same little boy, selfish, immature, possessive and stupid.

 

/flashback/

 

“I am Peter Pan, I don’t want to grow up and if you are my Tinkerbelle then you should always stay with me forever”

 

“But I want to be your Wendy”

 

“But Wendy grew up and left Peter Pan”

 

“Oppa, growing up is not a bad thing”

 

“Pain and sadness are bad things, and when you grow up you will you will experience them”

 

“It wouldn’t be that bad if we grow up together”

 

/end flashback/

 

Donghae quickly ran after her, out of breath he manages to catch her by the arm and stop her from going any farther.

 

"Yoong”

 

"What?"

 

A moment of silence fell as he finally met her eyes, a look of disappointment and anger reflected in her eyes. He carefully closed the distance between them, wrapping her in his arms.

 

"I’m sorry and I mean it, I was jealous and I know what I did was so immature, childish and selfish and I won’t make any excuses for that.”

 

“Why would be jealous?”

 

Donghae leaned in and kiss her on the lips.  It was a simple chaste kiss.  Once he pulled back, the confuse look and deep blush on her face was priceless.  But Yoona quickly compose herself and shoot him a questioning glare.

 

“Because I love you, and I’m taking full responsibility with that kiss, i know it's not enough to be called mature but it's a start”

 

Little by little, her disappointment and anger disappear. She smiles a tiny bit but it was enough for him.

 

He was no Peter Pan, she was no Tinkerbelle or Wendy.  He is just Donghae and she is just Yoona.  They would fight, they would make up, they would laugh, they would cry, be drunk, be broken and all the things growing up will bring them.  But it doesn’t matter as long as they grow up and grow old together.

 

 

####

 

Hello  dear readers my exams are over so i can finally post a not so good update :( but anyway i hope you guys enjoy it.

YoonHae anyone? i always see donghae as a boy trapped in a man's body hence the Peter Pan chapter. growing old is easy and inevitable but growing up takes a lot of effort and optional.

Comments.  Suggestions.  Subscribers are always welcome