Kai

Treasure Box

 

 

 

The Real Distance

 

 

 

Kai and Yoona were standing side by side, their fingers almost touching.   And that was how far he can go.  Kai was so close to holding her hand, but she won't do the same.  Not in public, not when there are people watching.

Yoona is his sunbae, the face and visual of the National Girl Group.  She is recognize by the whole nation for her beauty, good personality and charity.  She is a wall compare to his position now.

The press conference before their SMTown concert just started and all the groups where seated in the middle of the stage.  In the fornt is of course TVXQ  where in the middle, Super Junior were beside them and so as SNSD on their other side.  Shinee were behind TVXQ, F(x) and Red Velvet were behind Super Junior and Exo were behind SNSD.

It was a torture for Kai as he is directly behind Yoona, he is so close to her that he can smell her shampoo, so close that he can see very movement she is doing.  She is so close yet so far.  He wanted to touch her hair and hold the small of her back.  Yoona look behind her and saw him giving her that longing look.  She kept her cool but subtly send him a meaningful look that say "there are cameras around" and then look away like nothing happened.  

As long as there are eyes watching them, as long as they're in this industry, they will always be SNSD's Yoona and EXO's KAi, there will be her and there will be him but there will never be them.

Sometimes Kai hate himself for letting this industry, media and fans dictate their lives.  He  hate that he can't show his feelings towards her ands sometimes he hates her for being okay with the situation.  Sometimes he wish he is not in love with her, but it was impossible not to love her.

Kyungsoo catches him staring at their sunbae, he nudge him on the side and gives him a warning look.  And whispered on his ear. "Stop staring at her, fans will see you and you know who have more aggressive fans between the two of you"

Once the presscon was over all the groups were going back stage.  Kai immediately left Kyungsoo, he knows their fangirls were shocked that he had left their squishy Kyungsoo alone.  But right now that is not what matters.

Yoona saw him walking up to her.  For a split second he thought he saw her smile but not really, she just walk passed him and totally ignore him.  But out of desperation, he grab her hand.  He felt her tense a little bit but she just turn around to face him and smile. "Is there something you need Kai-ssi?" her tone was cold that he had to released her hand immediately and bowed politely.

From the outside it looks like a junior group member was giving his greeting to his sunbae.

That is the distance between Kai and Yoona in front of the public.  A few centimeters of physical distance but for both of them it feels like light years away between them.

But behind the idol life, after the blinding flashes of cameras stop, when the film stop rolling and the legions of screaming fans disappear.  Yoona is just a girl and Kai is just a boy.

"Yoona" as soon as they were alone in the dressing room he called her name.  A little bit strong than what he intended to do but still with a hint of frustration and anger.

"Jong In, I'm sorry" she simply said as his frustrations and anger came crushing down.  "I'm sorry, we have to be this way"

"It's okay, I'm sorry too" he said and take a step closer to her.  Closing their distance even more.  And then she smiles, her most genuine smile, her smile that is only for him.

Kai extends his hand to her face and his fingers sligthly brush her cheeks, slowly, softly like she will break if he did anything more.

"I need to go now" she said softly as she hold his hand on her face.  She leans in closer, and by reflex he lean forward bending just a little so he can see her eye to eye.

"Can't we stay a little bit longer like this?"

"I wish we could but we both have other things to do now" Yoona's lips gently brush on his cheeks. "See you tomorrow" with a simple kiss on his cheeks she left him there just like always.

But Kai had enough, he don't want her to walk further away from him. Without a second thought, he run after her grab her wrist and pull her back.  And for the first time in their ed up relationship, he was the one taking control.  He pressed his lips against hers.  At first Yoona was shocked, then resisted and finally just let go and kissed him back.

 

 

 

 

-------------------

 

 YoonKai my near yet so far ship

Thank you for the up votes burningsoul, damiel and exoyoong08